Wigan Match Thread

349 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Wigan Match Thread

by Platypuss » 26 Apr 2008 15:59

We have absoltely zero moral superiority considering our squad selection fo the FA Cup.

Fitzroy

by Fitzroy » 26 Apr 2008 15:59

shadesrwrf
Royal Lady
TomTheRoyal Us whining about the liverpool team is pathetic imho, if we were in their situation, we'd do the same and tell whoever else to shut it.

Perhaps the rules should be changed then - and that includes the likes of us playing our reserves in FA Cup games.

And how exactly would you change the rules? Reducing squad size? That wouldn't do us any favours either. The bottom line is we're just not very good. Worrying about what's happening in other games when we can't do the business on the pitch is laughable.

That statement should end the arguement. Fulham and Bolton do the double on us, do we need to continue this debate? We are not good enough, period.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Apr 2008 15:59

shadesrwrf We obviously need a special panel that sits each week to decide what they deem to be a team's strongest side. :lol:

A certain Mr Coppell need not apply............

TomTheRoyal

by TomTheRoyal » 26 Apr 2008 16:00

shadesrwrf We obviously need a special panel that sits each week to decide what they deem to be a team's strongest side. :lol:

haha any suggestions that what liverpool are doing is 'wrong' and 'unfair' are a bit of a joke. People looking for excuses imo.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Apr 2008 16:00

TomTheRoyal
Royal Lady
TomTheRoyal Us whining about the liverpool team is pathetic imho, if we were in their situation, we'd do the same and tell whoever else to shut it.

Perhaps the rules should be changed then - and that includes the likes of us playing our reserves in FA Cup games.

what?! you think the rules should be changed making it mandatory to play your strongest 11 in every match? That is absolutely ridiculous, if you think your reserves have the ability to win the game then thats a good reflection on your squad and its your choice to do it. Are you suggesting no reserves are allowed to play, name your strongest squad of 16 and thats it? What a joke.

Stop looking for scapegoats for our terrible league position, its our fault nobody elses.

I'm not looking for scapegoats - I'm saying that I agree we shouldn't be in a relegation scrap anyway, but now that we are, the likes of Liverpool (who if they are losing to third from bottom Birmingham at the moment are showing that their reserves aren't good enough to beat teams of such ilk) should not be allowed to field a weakened team on purpose. It's different if you're top 4 players are out with injury or suspension or something, but to rest them and thus make it easier for the opposition to get a result, is IMHO unfair. :roll: Jeez.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Apr 2008 16:00

Platypuss We have absoltely zero moral superiority considering our squad selection fo the FA Cup.

But that does not affect other teams

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 26 Apr 2008 16:01

Avon Royal Luckily, I had the right to laugh my arse off in the 94th minute on Tuesday night - which was exactly the right thing to do! :lol:

You have my utmost sympathy.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Apr 2008 16:01

Platypuss We have absoltely zero moral superiority considering our squad selection fo the FA Cup.

Wrong.

The only team to lose out if we play a weakened team in a cup game is us.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2008 16:02

Royal Lady

The difference being we don't wimper into losing to far weaker teams than us because of it and most of the players we put instead of the first team are pushing for a first team place.

Liverpool make numerous changes for players of significantly lower quality and lose to teams they should beat convincingly.

The only team being hurt by us fielding a "weaker" side in the cup is us. This is quite clearly not the case with Liverpool swapping in 9 players.

And lets not forget that the team Liverpool played against us when we beat them may have been a little weaker, but it was twice the team they put out today.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 26 Apr 2008 16:03

DelBoyRodders
What the fcuk has that got to do with Liverpool playing a weakened team you half-wit?

If you are so stupid and subjective you cannot see that a Liverpool team who have practically secured Champions league football next season and with a Champions League semi final midweek will not play a full team to protect their pown interests, then you really are a thick prick.

Clubs only give a shit about themselves, and will put out the team that suites them and there goals. Birmingham are indeed fortunate to be playing Liverpool at this time, but Liverpool have every right to put out a team that suites them, not us.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Apr 2008 16:03

shadesrwrf
Avon Royal Luckily, I had the right to laugh my arse off in the 94th minute on Tuesday night - which was exactly the right thing to do! :lol:

You have my utmost sympathy.

For having to read the crap you post?

Thanks.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 26 Apr 2008 16:04

Avon Royal

Wrong.

The only team to lose out if we play a weakened team in a cup game is us.

Not true. By playing a stronger side Reading might have won games otherwise lost. So it does change the complexion of the subsequent draws.

TomTheRoyal

by TomTheRoyal » 26 Apr 2008 16:04

Ian Royal
Royal Lady

The difference being we don't wimper into losing to far weaker teams than us because of it and most of the players we put instead of the first team are pushing for a first team place.

Liverpool make numerous changes for players of significantly lower quality and lose to teams they should beat convincingly.

The only team being hurt by us fielding a "weaker" side in the cup is us. This is quite clearly not the case with Liverpool swapping in 9 players.

And lets not forget that the team Liverpool played against us when we beat them may have been a little weaker, but it was twice the team they put out today.

Doesn't matter if they put out the u10's imho, its up to them. Team selection is nothing to do with any other team, and moaning about it is futile and stupid. They have interests to protect and they are free to do so by fielding other members of their squad. Its life.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 26 Apr 2008 16:05

And we did the whole league a favour by fielding a weakened team throughout. FFS.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 26 Apr 2008 16:05

supposed to be a match thread people - wanna argue about rafa's team selection open a new thread!!!!

TomTheRoyal

by TomTheRoyal » 26 Apr 2008 16:06

semtex1871 supposed to be a match thread people - wanna argue about rafa's team selection open a new thread!!!!

when something happens in the match i'll comment :wink:

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 26 Apr 2008 16:06

Of FFS Bolton one up against Spurs.

Bye bye Premiership.
Last edited by Arnie_Pie on 26 Apr 2008 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

TomTheRoyal

by TomTheRoyal » 26 Apr 2008 16:06

BOLTON SCORE

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 26 Apr 2008 16:06

winchester_royal

But that does not affect other teams

Think about it...if you are capable of doing so (which I doubt)

BY playing weakened teams in the FA Cup, we have not risked injurys to our first team for league games.

Oh and Bolton 1 up

We are as good as down.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 26 Apr 2008 16:06

bolton 1-0

349 posts