Prima donnas - Fae & Sonko suspended by club

436 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Prima donnas - Fae & Sonko suspended by club

by Millsy » 01 May 2008 14:13

zac naloen
Setanta Emerse Fae has told setantasports.com in an exclusive interview that his Reading career is over, following his two-week suspension for refusing to play a reserve game.

Ivory Coast international Fae and Ibrahima Sonko have been suspended by their employers and will not play for The Royals again this season.

The African duo were told to play for the club’s reserve team against Tottenham on Monday but they refused and have since received a letter to tell them they are suspended until May 12.

Fae has exclusively told us how disappointed he is, and the former Nantes star believes Reading did not treat him well.

He regrets his lack of first-team opportunities and his club’s lack of communication and ‘courage’.

The midfielder, highly rated in France, has told us he will leave the Premier League outfit when the season ends.

“This season I played more for the reserves than for the first team,” Fae told setantasports.com.

“I played to stay fit and accepted it because you never know; the team is not having good results so the reserves were a good opportunity to win my place in the team.

“Recently I appeared for some minutes, played 20 minutes at Arsenal so I thought I would continue to have my chance, but then without any explanation I was axed from the squad.

“I cannot accept that. There are no reasons for that. The team need all their players for the last two games.

“There is obviously a communication problem at the club. I suggested it to them before the African Cup of Nations but it has not changed.

“I feel like the same players always suffer the consequences of defeats.

“I am banned for two weeks, until one day after the last game (with Derby), on May 12.

“That is not clever at all to suspend your own players, that is stupid, the sanction is heavy, two weeks!

“The club do not need that because axing two players from your own struggling team is not coherent at all.

“I cannot understand their attitude. Those people do not speak and do things behind your back.

“I refused to play with the reserves on Sunday, they said okay let’s meet on Thursday and in the meantime I received a letter saying I am axed.

“They are not courageous enough to tell me things in the eyes, man to man, in five minutes.

“I am a father, an adult, I am able to recognize when I make mistakes, I can also admit to people when I am wrong.

“It never happened between Reading and me.

“They do not need to suspend me to show everybody that it has not worked.

“I am not a kid, if you make a mistake you admit it, but it is just a pretext.

“They did not treat me well during the season. I never caused any controversy, I have been a professional, but they are showing that I do not have my place at the club.

“There is no need to fight or to persevere for me, for sure my future is not with Reading.”

Fae would like to remain in The Premier League, but is also open to the German and French leagues.

“I have no contacts for the moment because the clubs are waiting for the end of the season, there are two games to go, some clubs are still fighting to stay up,” he added.

“I will see in May what the opportunities are.

“I will not give up after a failure abroad and I am not focused on returning to France.

“A challenge in England, Germany or wherever would attract me but this time I will not make the mistake not to speak with the coach before I sign.”

Fae tends to think that Reading are not respecting his team-mate Sonko despite the fact the centre back has proved his commitment to the cause in the last four seasons.

“They have been acting strange towards Sonko for a while,” he continued.

“They lack recognition towards him. It is not his first year at the club, he has been here for four years, experienced everything with them, the promotion, the good first season in The Premier League, and has started many times.

“But he was sent off against Tottenham and after the African Cup of Nations, and I do not know for which reasons, they had a bizarre attitude with Sonko.”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/ ... g-Reading/

Is Fae a thick twit? When you're rubbish, you're not going to play. When you're played in the reserves, it's a chance for you to improve, to show how good you are and most importantly to stay fit incase you're needed for the run in. IDIOT.

You expect Coppell not to play you in the reserves and then randomly decide to include you?

YOU'RE A F*CKING DISGRACE.

As for Sonks, we all know he's been rubbish since his injury. Including him. Stop poisoning his head too you waste of space.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 May 2008 14:15

2 world wars, 1 world cup You expect Coppell not to play you in the reserves and then randomly decide to include you?

Worked for Oster.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 01 May 2008 14:15

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
CMRoyal
Emerse Fae via Setanta “A challenge in England, Germany or wherever would attract me but this time I will not make the mistake not to speak with the coach before I sign.”

Assuming that this is based on the truth, I think this is a slightly worrying way of going about things. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think SC spoke to Kebe before signing him, either. Is this standard practice at clubs? Seems a strange one if it is.

Cause clearly Coppell didn't care if we signed anyone in the summer and January and Hammond just had to go and get anyone Coppell wouldn't turn down. IE cheap and low pressure.

Coppell didn't want to sign Fae, he never wants to sign anyone. His attitude to new players shows that. You can't disagree with anything Fae says, he's not had a chance, while other have had chance, after chance, after chance.

You can only pick 11 players. Players that aren't picked will always be unhappy whether they are dropped from a starting line up or not added to a starting line up. Sonko was one of the favoured at one stage yet he still complains that he doesn't get picked. If the team are struggling than players will complain about not being in the side. However decent players with a bit of backbone such as Rosenior will work harder to work their way back in, others will simply bitch and moan and point the finger at everyone but themselves.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 01 May 2008 14:25

Just thought I'd add my 'two penneth'.....

.....BOOT THEM OUT OF RFC. DISGRACE

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 May 2008 14:27

Ideal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Fae says, he's not had a chance, while other have had chance, after chance, after chance.

Has Fae shown anything to indicate he deserves a chance? Not really, more to the contrary he is pretty much shit.

If this means we get rid of him, then great!

Has Oster?

Has Bryn?

Has Hunt?

Has Cisse?

Has Harps in recent months?

Have any of our strikers?

I don't think Fae's good enough, I said it in the summer he wouldn't replace Sidwell. But there's been players just as bad as him who have found themselves un touchable this season.

The way Coppell has handled to squad this season, something like this was bound to happen at some point.

I think Sonko is more a case of money changing people.....

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 May 2008 14:36

Hunt and Harper are in our top 3 for POTY, that's just how bad Reading have been for the most part.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Prima donnas

by brendywendy » 01 May 2008 14:42

Royalee
brendywendy im praying you go

Aww, bless your cotton socks.

thanks!

how do you know what material my socks are made out of

are you under my desk?

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 May 2008 14:44

Alan Partridge Hunt and Harper are in our top 3 for POTY, that's just how bad Reading have been for the most part.

Over the season they have been two of our better players.

Doesn't say much and have both played awful for extended periods and not not been dropped.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 May 2008 14:48

thought that before his malaria
and more recently fae has started to push for that start
seems mental to throw yr toys out of the pram now

but it seems he thinks saying "i dont want to play for the reserves" isnt bad enough for a suspension

and in that respect he is wrong

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 01 May 2008 14:59

Fall-outs happen at football clubs but this is one of the few that has reached the public domain so for us it is unusual.
Also styles of managers vary so much-Redknapp for instance is very much one of the lads whereas Coppell,Clough and many others manage at arms length and it is not unusual for the manager to go weeks before speaking to certain players.

With our manager players are very much part of the squad one week but disappear off the radar the next and a lot of our players have been such "victims" including Lita,Oster,Fae,Cisse,Convey,Rosenior and many more.
I do wonder though what happens when these foreign players are signed-are they told that they will have to fight for their place regardless of what they have cost?
I'm sure Benitez and Fergie make that pretty clear from the outset but do we?

As for these two players Fae hasn't shown enough on the rare occasions that he has played and Sonko isn't the same player that he was before his serious injury.
He was always a risky player but got away with things because of his pace-unfortunately for him and for us that pace has gone and may never return and he is not good enough a player to get away with it unlike somebody like Hyppia who has no pace but is a decent reader of the game.
So on footballing grounds only I would expect them not to be here next season and this little episode makes it certain IMHO.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 01 May 2008 15:08

Tossers , both of them , gutless overpaid mercenaries who are a disgrace to their profession , good riddance to some tin pot shite outfit in the French Sunday league !

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 May 2008 15:17

More than anything else, I worry about our ability to sign players ongoing with all this being in the media.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 May 2008 15:21

Gunny Fishcake Tossers , both of them , gutless overpaid mercenaries who are a disgrace to their profession , good riddance to some tin pot shite outfit in the French Sunday league !

Jimmy Kebe can give them a good reference

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 May 2008 15:49

BR2 Also styles of managers vary so much-Redknapp for instance is very much one of the lads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MrWS0bZqsY

Y25

by Y25 » 01 May 2008 15:52

Alan Partridge Hunt and Harper are in our top 3 for POTY, that's just how bad Reading have been for the most part.

Which leaves USA as the obvious winner! :(

Sad but true

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 01 May 2008 15:54

Huntley & Palmer More than anything else, I worry about our ability to sign players ongoing with all this being in the media.

If it get's around that Reading's manager won't tolerate less than 100% where's the harm? do we really need any other type of player???

Magicman

by Magicman » 01 May 2008 16:13

Surely a bit of adversity is just what we need to help us get across the finishing line.

It is surely a case for the other players sticking together to get through it, and lets face it Sonko & Fae were unlikely to play a big part in the last 2 games anyway.

I am sure they will be very sorry after we have stayed up. It will be appologies all round, we were out of order sorry and hopefully there will be no hard feelings, we all make mistakes some are just larger than others.

Kes

by Kes » 01 May 2008 16:17

I read the Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool article on that link instead.

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 01 May 2008 16:36

Looking at the situation it is totally 100% out of order what the players did....they are payed 15000+ a week for doing bugger all, they are then asked to playing a a reserve game and they say no....who do they think they are? IMO they can both leave if this is their attitude... we need people who will fight for this club not people who are more worried about a meaningless preseason international which they are far from certain to play in anyway. We have arguably the two most important games in this clubs history in the next two weeks and instead of fighting for the cause and playing their way back into the team they are more worried going home to count the thousands of pounds.
This is exactly what we heard the premiership was like and if they don't realize how privileged they are they can both F**K off. There is never any excuse for this, Sidwell last year knew he was going to leave and was pretty sure it was going to be a big club around Feb time, but not once did he pull out of a tackle or header or refuse to play. he was 100% professional, and knew who were paying his wages. De la is the unluckiest player in our history, never let us down but due to circumstances in his position he has never had a run of games....yet he has never causes disruption, never complained, always 100% commitment and a perfect for youngsters to learn off. Bikey, Oster, Rosenior, Hunt, Gunnarsson, Convey, Lita have all had spells in the reserves when arguably the should be in the first team but they have not complained they have got on with it and worked hard. I dont even mind players arguing, it shows they care IMO...if it is true kitson told shorey to pull his finger out then good on kitson...he wants the best for this club and isnt afraid to display it.

Sonko, i no you have had your injury problems but despite this.....YOU HAVE HAD ONE OF THE WORSE SEASONS I HAVE EVER SEEN FROM A PLAYER....consistently fouling, slipping, getting sent off, giving away penalty after penalty and goal after goal, i am glad you are suspended so you are a mile away from the first team and unless you pull yours socks up and get your form back you have no future in the premiership or championship. We have always heard how professional you have been, turning down senegal to fight for the championship, playing through injury, extra training etc and are a great leader in the dressing room, we stuck by you through your injury, we allowed you time to get back to form and this is how you repay RFC?

Fae i feel slightly more sorry for (although it does not give an excuse for this). He had not had any chance in his position and IMO has been treated badly by the club. He has all the technical attributes to be a decent player and seems to have good fitness and speed...but if this is the attitude you have had in training then i am glad Coppell has not allowed you anywhere near the first team.

Coppell was 100% correct in his actions...however, if they are prepared to say sorry to the manager, players and fans and say how regretful they are then they should be allowed a second chance, everyone makes mistakes.

chandog

by chandog » 01 May 2008 16:47

In my expert opinion the pair of them are prize pricks and deserved to be suspended
If they cant be arsed to play for the reserves why the hell are they at the club?
Surprised about sonks as he has always come across as pretty loyal
Fae has not been anywhere near as good as his price tag and should just be glad to get a game of any kind

436 posts
It is currently 01 Oct 2024 20:17