Prima donnas - Fae & Sonko suspended by club

436 posts
wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

Re: Prima donnas

by wolsey » 01 May 2008 19:03

Thou Voice
wolsey Perhaps the repeated letters (along with the garbage you spout) are just a sign of substance abuse...has your Tech College let you out early after your test?

Ahhh!!! I am afraid woolsey I never went to college as I was tooo busy eating from the furrry cup of your mother, or iss this my sybstance abuse talking?

Well, that makes as much sense as your usual contributions.

Ding_dong

by Ding_dong » 01 May 2008 19:08

Thou Voice
wolsey Perhaps the repeated letters (along with the garbage you spout) are just a sign of substance abuse...has your Tech College let you out early after your test?

Ahhh!!! I am afraid woolsey I never went to college as I was tooo busy eating from the furrry cup of your mother, or iss this my sybstance abuse talking?

I'm new to this but Thou voice sounds as big a tosser as those two who refuse to play? What's your problem?

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 01 May 2008 19:10

Ding_dong I'm new to this but Thou voice sounds as big a tosser as those two who refuse to play? What's your problem?

Thou Voice kindly askes you not to take this thread off topic. Now sushie please.

Ding_dong

by Ding_dong » 01 May 2008 19:13

Thou Voice
Ding_dong I'm new to this but Thou voice sounds as big a tosser as those two who refuse to play? What's your problem?

Thou Voice kindly askes you not to take this thread off topic. Now sushie please.

I apologise, so sorry, you obviously have a remarkable football brain and I'm just biting away at your comments. Anyway - Fae and Sonko are tossers. I'll reserve judgement on you - goodnight

zummerset

Re: Prima donnas - Fae & Sonko suspended by club

by zummerset » 01 May 2008 19:16

I like debate Thou Voice and some of your more intelligent posts are worth a think about but you are taking this off topic. I believe you were commenting on the relationship between the management and the disaffected players before you got into why you aren't a subscriber and who unjustly? thinks you are a tw at

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 01 May 2008 19:19

Zummerset, I seee that you are indeed fully right here.

I withdraw from this thread and apoligize as yes, I too have taken this off topic.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 May 2008 19:52

Ian Royal Coppell has not given Sonko the cold shoulder, he has been played more than he deserved and has responded by giving away cheap goal after cheap freekick after cheap penalty.

Fae hasn't had a previous season of quality performance to recommend he gets games and when he has played he has been less woeful than Sonko but wholely anonymous instead.

Do you see Duberry complaining? Or Convey, or Cisse, or Rosenior? No. They act like professionals and try and take their chances when they arrive. What about Bikey? Looked great in his rare early season performances, knuckled down and earnt his place (later than he should have).

Agree with you Ian. Good post. Vary disappointed in Sonko but if either or both go in the summer it wont be much of a loss

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 May 2008 20:09

Have either of these two clowns issued a public apology yet?

oxf*rd

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 May 2008 20:21

I very much hope Fae doesn't leave...

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 May 2008 20:32

g This is what happens you bring in foreigners, especially from Africa, first chance they have to whinge they all join together and never do anything.

You are Ron Noades AICMFP

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 01 May 2008 20:46

rg6royal I very much hope Fae doesn't leave...

Why? What evidence is there to say he should be at Reading next season?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 May 2008 20:48

Readingfanman
rg6royal I very much hope Fae doesn't leave...

Why? What evidence is there to say he should be at Reading next season?

What about to the contrary? When he's played we've seen glimpses of A LOT of potential unlike someone like John Halls who, when we've seen him, is just shit.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 01 May 2008 20:52

Two footballers, paid by the club to play for them, refusing to play.

Fae is obviously a dead loss but I'm shocked that Sonko is part of this - makes me sad to think that the unbeatable Superman of 2005-2007 has acted in this way, but looking back it's now easy to pinpoint the Sheffield United match as the day when his days of being effective in top-flight football ended. First Long, who I'd always associated with great effort, seems to give up against Fulham and now this, the spirit that has kept our heads above water seems to be disappearing. On the other hand it could inspire the players to group together. No footballer should have a future at any club after refusing to play for it, no matter how much 'potential' they might show, unless there are circumstances such as bereavement. Doyle has every right to kick these two in the nuts.

Sonko - bye and thanks for the memories from your two great seasons here, shame it had to end like this.
Fae - fcuk off back to a relegation Ligue 1 team and the Ivory Coast bench, won't be missed.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 01 May 2008 20:53

Schards#2 Through 36 years of Reading support, I have only ever really been fuming when I felt the players/manager/club were not doing everything they can to get the best possible results. This hasn't been that often but, increasingly, I get the feeling that this is the case this season.

It's all rumour but I hear about Kitson having a bust up with Lita, Lita with Coppell, Shorey with Kitson, Shorey playing out his contract, various players falling out with manager and now this.

If we go down having given it our absolute best shot, I can live with that. If we go down because of petty squabbles, people refusing to play in the same side as others, people saving themselves for a move, then I can't live with that, in fact it would be an absolute f***ing disgrace.

It's taken over 100 years to get here, this is the highest paid squad in history by a huge margin, the fans are paying the ticket prices in history by a huge margin. If the players throw the fans dreams and aspirations in the bin over petty personality clashes and self interest I will have lost all respect for them and they will have undone the fantastic work of the previous few years.

Given the sums they are being paid, if they can't give it 100% every second they are working doing a job most of us would do for nothing, they are a disgrace. I really hope that is not the case.

Excellent post.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 May 2008 20:54

Lita comes back, and then this happens almost immediately.

Coincidence? I think not. :|

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 May 2008 20:58

Platypuss Lita comes back, and then this happens almost immediately.

Coincidence? I think not. :|

I think the goat is being scaped.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 01 May 2008 21:00

The whole year inn Have either of these two clowns issued a public apology yet?

oxf*rd
Thou voice & SDR?

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 01 May 2008 21:28

bye sonko you mug, got to big for your boots, got a page 3 bird and started thinking you were naturally gifted

without hard work and effort you are a terrible player, now kindly do one

as for fae i would have liked to see you get more chances but clearly by your comments to setanta you are semi retarded. We havant got room for window lickers so do one aswell

18urz71

by 18urz71 » 01 May 2008 21:52

By doing this, both players have damaged their reputations in England. Obviously Coppell won't stand for their poor attitudes, and I'm sure will get rid of both in the summer. I really can't see them staying in the premiership either. If any club takes a look at videos of their performances this season, they wouldn't go near them.

No player is bigger than the club. We only want people who want to play for the club.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 May 2008 21:55

To be fair to Fae, i probably would have done the same in his situation.

He had to sit on the bench during the first part of the season and watch Bryn put in shite performances over and over again, he has a decent ACoN for IC, comes back, looks very sharp according to KD and WD, plays well in the limited time he gets as a sub, then gets axed from the squad completely

The way he has been treated by Coppell is typical of the way SSC treats people who are not in his 'untouchables' (eg Lita, and BK during start of season) which is unacceptable for a modern day manager.

There are always going to be players with big ego's in football, and if we stay up, and start spending bigger money on better players, then that is something both the manager, and the fans, will have to get accustomed to.

Sonko, however, has been crap this season, has wasted his chances (which fae did not get), and deserved to be in the reserves.......therefore i have no sympathy for him

436 posts