Prima donnas - Fae & Sonko suspended by club

436 posts
The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Prima donnas - Fae & Sonko suspended by club

by The whole year inn » 02 May 2008 09:25

2 weeks pay (according to the EP) is about 60k saved for RFC.

That will finance one of our close-season signings.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 May 2008 09:29

RoyalBlue
Royal Lady On the other hand, if you've refused to do your job and your manager says he doesn't want you anywhere near the company, he's not going to want to have you back into the company where you can still see your colleagues and potentially stir up more trouble,just so he can tell you face to face that he doesn't want you back for two weeks, so he'll send you a letter to your home asking you not to return for two weeks and stopping you two week's pay.

Have to say, two week's pay to them is nothing.

First, the suggestion from Fae is that he wasn't told by his manager that he didn't want him anywhere near the company. Second it is perfectly easy to arrange a meeting on the premises where the individual is directed to come straight to the meeting room at an appointed time. Believe you me, good people managers have no difficulty at all arranging such things!

And do you really believe keeping someone away from the company can stop them communicating with their colleagues if they wish to? :roll:
If the other colleagues wish to avoid these two it's much easier to do it away from the "company" and not answer phone calls etc, than have them walk straight into your office and start talking to you. And as you say, it is a "suggestion" from Fae - have we actually heard SC's side of this yet?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 May 2008 09:29

RoyalBlue If what Fae says is true, managing by letter, rather than having the guts to hold a face to face meeting, followed up by a confirmation letter, is p*ss poor! If it happened where I work, we would be strongly questioning the abilities of the manager concerned.

No quite, they just followed standard practice as for any employee.

The Times Faé claimed that the club accepted his decision on Sunday not to play in the reserve match and told him to return to training on Thursday, but he received a letter a couple of days later saying he was suspended and fined. “That is not clever at all to suspend your own players,” Faé said. “Those people do not speak and do things behind your back. They wrote to me but were not courageous enough to tell me things man to man.”

I don't think the club accepted or agreed the decision as Fae is trying to state. They could not force him to play so allowed him home presumably saying thta they will reach a decision.

That decision was then confirmed in writing.

Get a real job Fae

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 May 2008 09:32

Royal Lady If the other colleagues wish to avoid these two it's much easier to do it away from the "company" and not answer phone calls etc, than have them walk straight into your office and start talking to you. And as you say, it is a "suggestion" from Fae - have we actually heard SC's side of this yet?

Also if you want to avoid calls from the employer, that's hardly difficult too is it? Fae ran away

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 May 2008 09:34

I'm willing to bet SC's take on this is somewhat different to that being reported by Fae.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 May 2008 09:37

Fae should be dealt with the same way that the club dealt with Mourinho's accusations about treatment for Cech.

A simple factual rebuttal.

As for Sonko he has gone from being Superman to being Fae's Puppet

Sonko waving goodbye to his paycheck

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 02 May 2008 09:53

Sonks will move to a decent Premiership club this summer.

All this shite will be forgotten soon enough.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 02 May 2008 09:56

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Sonks will move to a decent Premiership club this summer.

Like who?

:?

Not only has he not performed in over a year; he has been absolute dogshit when given the chance.

This whole episode is unlikely to help his cause either.

Unless you count a 1.5 million transfer to Stoke or Hull?

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 02 May 2008 09:59

floyd__streete

Man the life boats, women and children first (plastics as well), open the safety gate, we have run aground.

Oxford this topic before we become EMERSED in it, leave the Oxford at the bottom of the Ocean to drown in his own self indulgence and with a victory against Spurs let us sail into clearer waters.

Has anyone got any inflatable arm bands for the Derby game?

Common Urzzzz

Y25

Re: Prima donnas

by Y25 » 02 May 2008 10:02

ElmParker
Y25 Fae has been the biggest mistake in the clubs history

I'll raise you Terry Bullivant and an apostrophe.

Bullivant was always destined to be a Taxi Driver - and Burns wasn't much better

but Fae cost £2.5M squid or something like that the most expensive signing in the clubs history!

We have moaned all season long about lack of expenditure on new talent and the "Big Money" went on THAT

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 02 May 2008 10:09

The whole year inn
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Sonks will move to a decent Premiership club this summer.

Like who?

Not only has he not performed in over a year; he has been absolute dogshit when given the chance.

People have very. very short memories.

Like I say this shite will be forgotten about.

I bet he ends up at an Everton or Villa.

£1

:wink:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 May 2008 10:12

why any prem club would want sonks is beyond me

he has looked like one of the worst defenders, in the worst defence in the prem every time hes got anyway near the pitch
be lucky if the shots take him

and fae is the stupid one
was as close to a start as hes got all season, then does this, and moans when he gets punished for it

on what planet would it be ok to say"no thanks boss, i just dont fancy it"?

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 02 May 2008 10:12

The whole year inn

Like who?

People have very. very short memories.

Like I say this shite will be forgotten about.

£1

:wink:

I'm betting he ends up at Reading. Out of the two of them, only Fae will leave.

Fezza

by Fezza » 02 May 2008 10:19

I think it is more likely the manager will go!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 May 2008 10:24

Premiership managers have longer memories than Reading fans and they'll remember the athletic powerhouse that was outstanding, if not a bit clumsy and niave at times, during our first few months in the Premiership and our Championship winning side.

They'll have some idea as to why he's performed the way he was through the old boys network and the rumour mill.

Like Shorey, they'll see him as an investment on a player they can improve and turn his form around. Especially by getting him through a preseason and putting him in a side that just needs a dominant centre half to play on a more competant side.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a Villa, Blackburn, Newcastle etc etc. How much we'd get for him is up for debate, it certainly won't be as much as we might've done 12 months ago, or even 12 days ago!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 May 2008 10:30

Royal Lady What's happened to change Sonko's mind about the importance of playing in the ACON? I thought a couple of seasons ago he didn't go because he'd rather be playing for Reading? He's not even assured a place in their first team is he?

I seem to recall Sonko saying in an interview that he was getting older and couldn't keep waiting for France, so it's was a case of now or never for him.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 May 2008 10:43

Hoop Blah Premiership managers have longer memories than Reading fans and they'll remember the athletic powerhouse that was outstanding, if not a bit clumsy and niave at times, during our first few months in the Premiership and our Championship winning side.

They'll have some idea as to why he's performed the way he was through the old boys network and the rumour mill.

Like Shorey, they'll see him as an investment on a player they can improve and turn his form around. Especially by getting him through a preseason and putting him in a side that just needs a dominant centre half to play on a more competant side.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a Villa, Blackburn, Newcastle etc etc. How much we'd get for him is up for debate, it certainly won't be as much as we might've done 12 months ago, or even 12 days ago!

i would be very surpirsed to see him anywhere higher than relegation strugglers

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 02 May 2008 10:53

The whole year inn

Like who?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 02 May 2008 11:06

Royal Lady I'm willing to bet SC's take on this is somewhat different to that being reported by Fae.

Absolutely.

Fae's "interview" smacks to me of the words of a player's agent desperately trying to ensure his charge doesn't get tarred with the "disruptive foreigner" tag so he can still try and bag himself the ridiculous money that the Premier league offers.

Of course its no surprise that some on here seem to take this account as gospel as it keeps with their view of RFC being nothing more than a bunch of liars and incompetents.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 02 May 2008 11:18

Vision
Royal Lady I'm willing to bet SC's take on this is somewhat different to that being reported by Fae.

as it keeps with their view of RFC being nothing more than a bunch of liars and incompetents.

Coppell never saw Fae play live (Coppell's admission) and according to the Fae's account, met him only for the first time to sign the contract.

Do you think our manager (with 20+ years experience :lol: ) is still making fundamental mistakes and is entirely devoid of blame for this ridiculous situation?

436 posts