It's been emotional

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

It's been emotional

by Coppelled Streets » 03 May 2008 18:04

Was anyone else moved by the sheer passion of our support in the opening minutes of the game today? I struggled to hold back tears as I sang and screamed encouragement!

Then Tottenham score a predictable early goal and it was oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd you oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd off, and you oxf*rd...

I love this club with a passion and it breaks my heart watching the over paid arseholes out there not giving a toss and not fighting. This is our football club and we'll be here next year and the year after that. Those oxf*rd can leave and forget about us.

No matter what, I'm proud of this club and everything we have achieved together.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

Re: It's been emotional

by Arnie_Pie » 03 May 2008 18:07

We shall live on and fight again.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 03 May 2008 18:11

It's been good, its been bad but again I feel the same. These blokes are being paid too much to not perform. No doubt certain people in the squad will still be out in Reading tonight getting plastered showing a total disrespect to the people who pay to watch them.

07RFC

by 07RFC » 03 May 2008 18:12

Arnie_Pie We shall live on and fight again.

yeah and hopefully we'll be promoted back to the prem within the next 50 years

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 May 2008 18:12

And what about all the people leaving five minutes before the end? I wasn't there so I can't really say whether it happened, but I bet it did.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 03 May 2008 18:14

Coppelled Streets it breaks my heart watching the over paid arseholes out there

Give or take, it's still the same players that gave us our two best ever seasons.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 May 2008 18:16

RobRoyal
Coppelled Streets it breaks my heart watching the over paid arseholes out there

Give or take, it's still the same players that gave us our two best ever seasons.

Agreed

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 03 May 2008 18:25

our support was pretty good today i must say

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 03 May 2008 18:28

Norfolk Royal And what about all the people leaving five minutes before the end? I wasn't there so I can't really say whether it happened, but I bet it did.

Not in the amount you would expect.

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 03 May 2008 18:31

Scrappy
Norfolk Royal And what about all the people leaving five minutes before the end? I wasn't there so I can't really say whether it happened, but I bet it did.

Not in the amount you would expect.

A lot of people stayed so they could boo the players off at the end

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 03 May 2008 18:34

It did, and I was one of them!

No way was I going to sit there a minute longer and watch them give the ball away, fail to trap the ball without giving away possesion, watch Harper walk gingerly towards the halfway line as we had a chance to break forward.

Had those players player with heart today, I'm sure many would have stayed behond to applaud the team, but they didn't and neither did I.

Derby will stuff us next week. We are THAT bad.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 03 May 2008 18:36

We'll be back in two years time.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 May 2008 18:39

LOL @ the stewards lining up in case any fans wanted to run on the pitch. I suppose the only ones that would, would have been wanting to berate the players. :roll:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 May 2008 19:13

Quite a few people are pissed off, booing and moaning. Why?
I said at the start of the season as did many others that you need to invest in this league to compete. We haven't invested, destiny was in our own hands and we DESERVE to be where we are. Booing the players is pointless, they have neither the mental strength or physical ability to compete on this stage and it has shown all season. They are simply not good enough and its not their fault.
I sang today louder than I have for a long time, reason being...I accept what we are as a club, I accept where we are going as a club and I am am proud to be a reading fan regardless of how awful we have performed this season.
We are not a premiership club and never will be under its current ownership and its time a lot of people accept that.
Modern english football is ruthless, its a sharks game all about the big bucks and ambition to spend, we have none, rightly or wrongly. English football has changed and so has the enjoyment and soul of it. Those tottenham fans today sum up the modern day football fan completely, taking the piss all game thinking they are a massive club because they won the league cup, daring to tell us our support " is shit" despite being quiet as mice with a one goal advantage. The premiership is littered with wannabe's like these, arrogant fans who have no grasp of the soul of the game. These fans wouldn't even comprehend what a trip to chesterfield on a tuesday night would be like. I'll be glad to see the back of the prem when we go, i enjoyed going to northampton, crewe, chesterfield,etc All were nice towns with tradition and warm fans and you were all in the same boat, on the same level watching your teams battle it out where the players gave 100% and money was nowhere near as important as it is in the prem, it played a slight part but nowhere near the same levels, look at brighton, walsall and rotherham when they were promoted from division two around the same time as us.
Tottenham are a good prem side and they have good players and management, we never had a chance of a point today and I knew this weeks ago, again as did many others. Unfortunately like most other good sides the fans are ignorant, self centered morons with little respect for anyone other than themselves.

As I walked out of the ground today there will be a few faces I probably won't see again and many I will, i've enjoyed following reading since I first came and that will never change, regardless of wherever we are.

Platypuss, please leave this one up, it'll probably be my last post.

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 03 May 2008 19:16

FiNeRaIn Quite a few people are pissed off, booing and moaning. Why?
I said at the start of the season as did many others that you need to invest in this league to compete. We haven't invested, destiny was in our own hands and we DESERVE to be where we are. Booing the players is pointless, they have neither the mental strength or physical ability to compete on this stage and it has shown all season. They are simply not good enough and its not their fault.
I sang today louder than I have for a long time, reason being...I accept what we are as a club, I accept where we are going as a club and I am am proud to be a reading fan regardless of how awful we have performed this season.
We are not a premiership club and never will be under its current ownership and its time a lot of people accept that.
Modern english football is ruthless, its a sharks game all about the big bucks and ambition to spend, we have none, rightly or wrongly. English football has changed and so has the enjoyment and soul of it. Those tottenham fans today sum up the modern day football fan completely, taking the piss all game thinking they are a massive club because they won the league cup, daring to tell us our support " is shit" despite being quiet as mice with a one goal advantage. The premiership is littered with wannabe's like these, arrogant fans who have no grasp of the soul of the game. These fans wouldn't even comprehend what a trip to chesterfield on a tuesday night would be like. I'll be glad to see the back of the prem when we go, i enjoyed going to northampton, crewe, chesterfield,etc All were nice towns with tradition and warm fans and you were all in the same boat, on the same level watching your teams battle it out where the players gave 100% and money was nowhere near as important as it is in the prem, it played a slight part but nowhere near the same levels, look at brighton, walsall and rotherham when they were promoted from division two around the same time as us.
Tottenham are a good prem side and they have good players and management, we never had a chance of a point today and I knew this weeks ago, again as did many others. Unfortunately like most other good sides the fans are ignorant, self centered morons with little respect for anyone other than themselves.

As I walked out of the ground today there will be a few faces I probably won't see again and many I will, i've enjoyed following reading since I first came and that will never change, regardless of wherever we are.

Very good post. Puts things in perspective.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 03 May 2008 19:18

FiNeRaIn Quite a few people are pissed off, booing and moaning. Why?

I'm not reading all that. Paragraphs at least

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 May 2008 19:18

Whatever happens at Derby i will not shred a tear!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 03 May 2008 19:21

rg6royal Whatever happens at Derby i will not shred a tear!

Sharpened knives at the ready!

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 03 May 2008 20:13

Coppelled Streets Was anyone else moved by the sheer passion of our support in the opening minutes of the game today?

'BOOM BOOM Blarmy BOOM BOOM Blarmy'

nope.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 May 2008 20:55

We had an opportunity to cement our status and we blew it. It'll be another 135 years before we play in the top division again. Most of my matches were watching Reading play in the old 4th but I for one don't want to go back to those days.