who voted for stephen hunt?

135 posts
kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: who voted for stephen hunt?

by kwik-silva » 03 May 2008 20:00

crossie
kwik-silva
crossie I wondered if maybe they got it backwards. Marcus first, then Harps, then Hunt.

I understand you don't like hunt.. but to like harps over him?

Actually i do like Hunt. I voted for Harper. Scored a couple of important goals this season and, up until the recent matches, he run his nuts off for 90 minutes. Always back to defend, always forward to attack.

I like hunt too, however i don't think harps really did anything this season, started every game, contributed majorly in about one of them

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 May 2008 20:03

kwik-silva
crossie
kwik-silva I understand you don't like hunt.. but to like harps over him?

Actually i do like Hunt. I voted for Harper. Scored a couple of important goals this season and, up until the recent matches, he run his nuts off for 90 minutes. Always back to defend, always forward to attack.

I like hunt too, however i don't think harps really did anything this season, started every game, contributed majorly in about one of them

In terms of goals scored and points picked up as a consequence, I think he probably gives Hunt a good run for his money.

Hunt had to win the award to justify the massive wage increase given to him!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 May 2008 20:34

Based on the level that Reading are playing at this must surely have been the worst player of the year we have ever had.
11 Stephen Hunts-God forbid and he still has 2 years left on that lucrative contract.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 03 May 2008 20:37

Victor Meldrew Based on the level that Reading are playing at this must surely have been the worst player of the year we have ever had.
11 Stephen Hunts-God forbid and he still has 2 years left on that lucrative contract.

He'll be gone in the summer if we go down, there is no way we'll pay him £25,000 a week in the CCC

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2008 20:38

todays individual performances today even underlined what the order should've been at the presentation

1st Marcus

2nd Hunty (dubious)

3rd Harps (dubious)

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 03 May 2008 20:40

Hunty has won because he consistently seems to be the only one that gives a shit. Running around like he's the energizer bunny.... half of the time it gets him nowhere but damn - it's nice to see someone trying.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 03 May 2008 20:44

Volvicanus Hunty has won because he consistently seems to be the only one that gives a shit. Running around like he's the energizer bunny.... half of the time it gets him nowhere but damn - it's nice to see someone trying.

Whereas that Hahnemann is a right lazy twat, I've hardly ever seen him leave that big area around the goal.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 May 2008 20:46

Alan Partridge
Victor Meldrew Based on the level that Reading are playing at this must surely have been the worst player of the year we have ever had.

He'll be gone in the summer if we go down, there is no way we'll pay him £25,000 a week in the CCC

We should have bitten Roy Keane's arm off in January.

Raoul Duke

by Raoul Duke » 03 May 2008 20:47

Hunt may run around a lot but that is hardly good enough for a ( soon to be ex-) 'premiership' team. How many times has he beaten a player and got a cross in?
We should have taken Sunderland's money-he's done nothing since then and, frankly, he has been happy to pick up his 25 grand a week for contributing feck all. The sooner he goes the better...and that goes for Shorey too.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 May 2008 20:52

Hunt is a slightly better version of Andy Hughes, end of.

Look where Hughes ended up and look how much better we were going forward when we replaced him with a proper left winger.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 03 May 2008 21:41

nicky's left foot harper shouldn't have made top three!! He goes missing to much

You have to turn up before you can go missing, therefore he hasn't gone missing in 34 games this year.

I'm excluding Wigan, Boro and Liverpool because of the goals, let's ignore the fact he was dump against Wigan and dump at Boro by all acounts (didn't hear his name on the radio until about 80 minutes).

Tries hard, OK with a decent midfielder alongside him, not good enough to control a midfield. Doesn't tackle, doesn't pass particularly well, has given good service to Reading and deserves to be remembered as part of the club's best ever team, but not up to it at this level.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 03 May 2008 21:43

If we want to be a top CCC club or the occasional Premiership struggler then Harper is fine for us. If we want to be more than that then he isn't.

Along with about 90% of our squad, just not up to being a regular for a decent Premiership team.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 May 2008 21:49

Have to say I was gobsmacked that Hunt got the award. May as well have voted Doyle. He's run around a lot trying hard and scored a couple of goals.

Absolute travesty that Hahnemann didn't get the top place. After him it was a case of Bikey, Harper, Hunt and Kitson all having good spells and everyone else managing just about adequate half the time at best.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2008 21:54

Ian Royal Have to say I was gobsmacked that Hunt got the award. May as well have voted Doyle. He's run around a lot trying hard and scored a couple of goals.

Absolute travesty that Hahnemann didn't get the top place. After him it was a case of Bikey, Harper, Hunt and Kitson all having good spells and everyone else managing just about adequate half the time at best.
its' rare these days Ian...but

'greed
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 03 May 2008 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 03 May 2008 21:54

Half Horse This was a travesty!

How on earth did Marcus not win?

There are too many idiots who support this club..................

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 03 May 2008 21:55

Woodcote Royal

Plenty of evidence to support that theory today actually.

Booing our own players during the biggest game of the season, Hunt POTY just incredbile, no really.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 03 May 2008 21:56

Just like the local elections, it doesn't matter who you vote for, their all shit

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 03 May 2008 22:28

Alan Partridge
Woodcote Royal

Plenty of evidence to support that theory today actually.

Booing our own players during the biggest game of the season, Hunt POTY just incredbile, no really.

Generally the loudest support this season has been to boo our own players :roll: Plastic cnuters, got a half-season ticket in December 06, Reading lost 6 home games between then and this season, as soon as anything starts to go wrong they complain. One of the benefits of relegation is that these fat, rich idiots will piss off back to their Saturday afternoons in front of Soccer Saturday.

The man in front of me never, ever makes any noise in support of Reading, which is fair enough as many fans don't, but when the Man U team were read out this year he started clapping. His mate had the sheer ignorance and arrogance to turn round to me, after I told the scousers in the home end what I thought of them last season with one four letter word, and say 'If they should chuck anyone out, it's you! They've got as much right to be here as you!' This year it turned out he was a Liverpool fan. :evil: Sums up everything wrong with Premiership football - sanitised, glory-hunting fans who expect their team to win, and complain loudly if they don't.

Once we go down, watch these rats desert the ship. Good oxf*rd riddance, I hope you never come back .

Shinfield

Player of the year award sums up....

by Shinfield » 03 May 2008 23:30

how bad our season has been!

Stephen Hunt works hard, James Harper runs around a lot but they do not have the composure or quality for Reading to be anything other than relegation fodder. This type of player would not get into another Premiership side on a regular basis.

How many Spurs players would you say worked as hard as Hunt today? I reckon none but they didn't have too. Their awareness, movement and technique allowed them to let the ball do the work for them. Spurs treated today as a training game where they could demonstrate just how far our team is behind. We must remember going into the game Spurs were only midtable and their display showed the massive differences in quality between midtable and bottom 3.

Unfortunately, two people are to blame for our lack of improvement this season - Coppell and Madejski. If Coppell had money to spend it is his fault for not being able to see that the majority of the squad is nowhere near good enough (especially when 22k less "qualified" people can see it as clear as day). If Coppell didn't have the money then Madejski is to blame for a serious lack of investment.

Relegation may not be a bad thing. I go to watch Reading compete (which they have not done in terms of quality this season). It is embrassasing when teams come to our stadium and take the p*ss because we cannot compete. At least next season we will be playing on a much more even playing field.

We need a clearout in the summer that's for sure and for me players such as Hunt, Harper, Shorey, Ivar, Duberry and Oster have to go. Maybe some of our youngsters will play especially if the Chairman insists on doing things on the cheap. Oh and forget about ticket prices going down....Madejski has us by the balls....he knows we want to support the team and we will be there.......a price freeze at the best.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Player of the year award sums up....

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2008 23:33

Marcus shoul've won it

and my pasty was frozen in the middle

still

mustn't grumble

135 posts