HARPER A LEGEND?? mY A*SE!

128 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: HARPER A LEGEND?? mY A*SE!

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 May 2008 11:18

I was livid today when Bikey was taken off for Marek and Harper was left on the pitch. (as were most people around me).

Bikey may have been bizarrely strolling around in the middle, but in the 2nd half especially, he put in more good passes than the rest of the team put together. He was also looking for the forward pass whenever possible, and keping the ball really well. Harper on the other hand was doing nothing other than being Harper. Running around, passing sideways and flapping his arms. TO leave him on and take Bieky off was just inexcusible

07RFC

by 07RFC » 04 May 2008 13:17

John Madejski's Wallet I was livid today when Bikey was taken off for Marek and Harper was left on the pitch. (as were most people around me).

Bikey may have been bizarrely strolling around in the middle, but in the 2nd half especially, he put in more good passes than the rest of the team put together. He was also looking for the forward pass whenever possible, and keping the ball really well. Harper on the other hand was doing nothing other than being Harper. Running around, passing sideways and flapping his arms. TO leave him on and take Bieky off was just inexcusible

and he had a shot which was going in, but was unfortunatly blocked by that guy's head

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 04 May 2008 21:32

John Madejski's Wallet I was livid today when Bikey was taken off for Marek and Harper was left on the pitch. (as were most people around me).

I make no excuses for saying I have always liked Harper as a player but he is struggling at the moment and should have been subbed ahead of Bikey. Coppell should play Bikey and Marek in central midfield next week but wont

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 04 May 2008 22:54

Don't blame Harper, blame the Manager for being naive.
We were playing Wigan in what was always going to be an agricultural game on an agricultural pitch. We get a 0-0 and Coppell decides yet again, to "not change the team" for the game against Spurs. Oh bug*er Robbie Keane is dropping into midfield making a five, thats torn it, never seen them do that before. Malbranque, Keane, Jenas, Huddlestone and Zakora V's Harper and Bikey and now and again Hunt and Doyle. Now, if anyone thinks Bikey had a good game on Saturday they should try concentrating on a more individual sport. Why do you think we started to play better after he was taken off and Matejovski came on. Having a go at Harper seems to be a sport for some nobbers on here. There is a reason why he has been the first name on the teamsheet for the last two Managers. You have to understand how the game is played by a "team" and not by individuals. Ever wondered why it is, that when the team perform badly you can single out Harper for his own poor performance. I would not like to face a five man Spurs midfield at the best of times and certainly not with a centre back for company. Against Spurs, Bikey should have played at the back with Ingimarson. The Midfield should have been Oster, Matejovski, Cisse, Harper and Hunt With Kits up on his own. You could have changed things around for the last twenty minutes by throughing Lita and or Long on. Don't blame Harper because the Manager got it wrong.

Harper and Bikey against that Spurs midfield, :roll: I don't know, what did you expect.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 05 May 2008 09:23

Sir Rodger Doyle ... Now, if anyone thinks Bikey had a good game on Saturday they should try concentrating on a more individual sport...Having a go at Harper seems to be a sport for some nobbers on here...Against Spurs, Bikey should have played at the back with Ingimarson. The Midfield should have been Oster, Matejovski, Cisse, Harper and Hunt With Kits up on his own. You could have changed things around for the last twenty minutes by throughing Lita and or Long on. Don't blame Harper because the Manager got it wrong.

Ok, well Bikey was our best player on the field in the first half, and if you can't see that then you must be blind, he should've been partnered with matejovski, and yeah we probably should've had kits up on his own. But you cannot say Harper should've been playing, he's been poor all season
Last edited by kwik-silva on 05 May 2008 09:37, edited 1 time in total.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 May 2008 09:28

Will somebody please explain what Harper adds to the team? Other than lots of shouting, pointing and running.

Fezza

by Fezza » 05 May 2008 09:33

Royalee Will somebody please explain what Harper adds to the team? Other than lots of shouting, pointing and running.

Concur!

Harper = Hunt without the ability to tackle

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 05 May 2008 09:38

Fezza
Royalee Will somebody please explain what Harper adds to the team? Other than lots of shouting, pointing and running.

Concur!

Harper = Hunt without the ability to tackle

And absolutley no shooting ability, Hunt's had some alright shots

128 posts