Derby Prediction thread

melksham_royal

Re: Derby Prediction thread

by melksham_royal » 04 May 2008 23:50

Well we can't score so we can rule winning out, thus leaving a goalless draw our only hope:

Derby 0 Reading 0
Pompey 1 Fulham 1
Birmingham 2 Blackburn 1

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 05 May 2008 00:43

I think if Reading win they will stay up. Fulham wont win at Pompey

We will go down in history as the side that couldn't beat Derby to stay in the division.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 05 May 2008 06:43

Royal Lady Can't believe I spelt Matejovsky incorrectly. :oops: TWICE!!

Seahawk - will you be able to watch the game? What time will be it there?

The game will be played at 7am PT (Los Angeles) on Sunday morning. That's the normal start time for our usual Saturday matches but this one is not showing live on any of my normal channels. (Fox Soccer Channel or Setanta Broadband.) It is showing on a delayed basis on Setanta Broadband at 8pm PT. So I can either try to find a dodgy internet stream to watch it live or listen to it live via BBC Radio Berks (or Reading World) or wait to watch it delayed on a Setanta.

So I will be able to watch it, but I just don't know if I can stand finding out our fate until the delayed broadcast. Its incredibly easy to avoid finding out the scores over here, I just don't think I will have the patience. If you don't see me post anything on The Team, then that means I am waiting to watch it live and will be on shortly after the final whistle to post my whinge/moan/excitement/relief.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 05 May 2008 07:13

How many games now have Derby lost on the trot?

Answered my own question. It's 5 since they drew 2-2 at home to Fulham.

Fezza

by Fezza » 05 May 2008 08:23

Derby 2 Reading 3 - Doyle hattrick (oh those flying pigs)... all worthless as Fulham win to send us down (as we richly deserve on this seasons showing)!

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 05 May 2008 10:14

The whole year inn I think if Reading win they will stay up. Fulham wont win at Pompey

We will go down in history as the side that couldn't beat Derby to stay in the division.

agreed as long as we win we will stay up!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 May 2008 10:17

I think Reading playing away is more preferable than at home at the moment.
I believe that we can score at Derby, I have no idea whether Fulham can beat Pompey - probably...

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 05 May 2008 18:29

Okay, I've had dreams about this for 2 nights in a row now, I was never that stressed over GCSE or A-Level results! The first night as I wrote somewhere, Defoe got a hat trick against Fulham to beat them and we got a flukey late winner off Doyle's knee.

Well last night was a real cliff hanger. Brum went 4-0 up against Blackburn who had pulled it back to 4-2 by the time I woke up. Fulham and Pompey were drawing 0-0. We were on the verge of going into half time 1-0 down against Derby but got an equalizer at the end and the confidence left Derby after that. In the second half we took the lead. When I woke up it was the 85th minute or something. Fulham were going all out at Fratton Park for a winner and Derby were having corner after corner against us. 1 goal in either game would send us down. In was nervous enough even when I realised it was a dream, so if that all happens for real it will be a tense Sunday.

Both dreams have been realistic enough so far, I'd say I'm due for a night where we go down soon.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 05 May 2008 21:10

Some lateral thinking is required here - it's not Fulham we should be after, it's Bolton. They're sure to lose to Chelsea, say 2-0. That means we've got to beat Derby by, what, eleven goals? It CAN be done. No you're right, we'll do well to score one, let alone four, five, six, etc.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 05 May 2008 21:17

Derby 0 Reading 2 (Two late goals from Bikey and Kitson)

Brum 2 Blackburn 2 (Same scenario as Brum - Liverpool)

Pompey 1 Fulham 1 (Late Defoe equaliser)

(If you're going to the match - or watching SSN - havee a spare pair of Grundies with you)

OR (in a parallel universe)

Chelsea 8 Bolton 0
Derby 0 Reading 4
Pompey 1 Fulham 1
Brum 2 Blackburn 1

and Bolton and Fulham are relegated.

It's what football's all about!!!!

Kes

by Kes » 05 May 2008 21:18

0-0 written all over this one.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 05 May 2008 21:22

Kes 0-0 written all over this one.

Do you not think that Chelsea will beat the Trotters then?...Tame way to concede the Premier Title

zummerset

by zummerset » 05 May 2008 21:23

You are so right and we are shite. If Marek is on the bench again and that twat Harper plays then I don't know what am going to do to my vodoo doll of SC.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 05 May 2008 21:25

rhroyal Okay, I've had dreams about this for 2 nights in a row now, I was never that stressed over GCSE or A-Level results! The first night as I wrote somewhere, Defoe got a hat trick against Fulham to beat them and we got a flukey late winner off Doyle's knee.

Well last night was a real cliff hanger. Brum went 4-0 up against Blackburn who had pulled it back to 4-2 by the time I woke up. Fulham and Pompey were drawing 0-0. We were on the verge of going into half time 1-0 down against Derby but got an equalizer at the end and the confidence left Derby after that. In the second half we took the lead. When I woke up it was the 85th minute or something. Fulham were going all out at Fratton Park for a winner and Derby were having corner after corner against us. 1 goal in either game would send us down. In was nervous enough even when I realised it was a dream, so if that all happens for real it will be a tense Sunday.

Both dreams have been realistic enough so far, I'd say I'm due for a night where we go down soon.

I only got as far as dreaming we were 1-1 with Derby when I woke up sweating. My dream about it being 1-0 to Spurs came true, but I'm hoping that as we were still playing Derby when I opened my eyes, we'll have time in real life to score the winner.

Kes

by Kes » 05 May 2008 21:32

wolsey

Do you not think that Chelsea will beat the Trotters then?...Tame way to concede the Premier Title

Derby V Reading match prediction thread. :roll:

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 05 May 2008 21:45

Kes
wolsey

Derby V Reading match prediction thread. :roll:

Oops sorry! (but nearly all of your other posts have been Chelsea related - how was I to know you were actually bothering to consider RFC?)

NewburyURZFan

by NewburyURZFan » 09 May 2008 09:46

Derby 1-1 Reading
Birmingham 2-0 Blackburn
Portsmouth 1-2 Fulham

we will go 1 up quite early on only to concede in the 75th minute, Fulham will bag the winner at FP in the 85th minute sending us down with Birmingham who continue their good home form by beating Blackburn convincingly.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 May 2008 10:07

Derby 1 Reading 3

We finally break our scoring duck in the 49th minute, just as 10hours clock up without a goal. 2nd follows quickly after.

Derby pull one back with 15mins to go and we nervously try to hang on as we hear that Pompey are 1-1 with Fulham and Birmingham are 2-0 up against Blackburn.

Derby pile forward in the last 10 and we break away in injury time to score a 3rd.

Anxious wait as Fulham are still playing at the final whistle and is still 1-1....leads to relief as they hit in the post in the dying seconds and we stay up by the skin of our teeth.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 09 May 2008 10:15

You can tell by this thread that a lot of us still in our hearts think we're going to stay up...

for me its all about a 0-0 at Fratton Park with a late Ashdown/james penalty save and a goal off duberrys backside lateon which we then cling on to....

Birmingham will be 3 up early on just to bring more nervousness to the situation.

So Jeff Stellings day will be something like

Birmingham were the outsiders of three to remain in the Premiership - BUT HAVE MADE THE BEST POSSIBLE START.... over to Alan Mcnally at St Andrews

and now lets look at the league table as it stands - where we see that birmingham are currently in that all important 17th spot.. but I'm sure there are many more twists and turns.

And ANOTHER goal at St Andrews - but where has this one gone Alan Mcnally.....

Well Jeff Mcfadden has scored his first and Birminghams second

Birmingham were clear favourites to go down at 3pm -= but it could be all change now. Another Goal at St Andrews - Alan Mcnally.

Zarate - great movement - Birmingham are on fire........

5 minutes to go

READING FANS stand by your seats. The royals havent scored in over 10 hours of footbalol - BUT THERE HaS BEEN A GOAL AT PRIDE PARK - BUT WHICH WAY HAS IT GONE.

Well Jeff there has been an almight goalmotuh scramble, Robbie Savage went to clear the ball and Michael Duberry who was running back to defend got in the way, it hit him on the backside and in its gone in - 1-0 reading - 4 minutes to go.

LAST MINUTE DRAMA AT FRATTON PARK _ THE FINAL WHISTLES HAVE GONE AT ST ANDREWS AND PRIODE PARK _ CURRENTLY READING ARE STAYING UP. BUT A PENALTY HAS BEEN AWARDED AT FRATTON PARK - WHO ELSE TO TAKE US THROUGH IT BUT CHRIS KAMARA.........

Well Jeff its a penalty to Fulham - totally underserved in my view - Healy was hauled down at least 5 yards outside of the area but mark Clattenburg has pointed to the spot.

Danny Murphy put the ball down jamie Ahsdown making himself big in the goal - he shoots and he scores Jeff brilliant Fulham are saved at the death... But hold on Jeff ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE hes disallowed the penalty becuase Seol seemed to encroach the area before it was taken - so its been taken again Jeff - this will be the last kick of the game. murphy strides up and ASHDOWN HAS PUSHED IT INTO THE BAR AND AWAY. THE FULL TIME WHISTLE HAS GONE AND FULHAM ARE DOWN ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE I CANT BELIEVE IT

cut to Jamer Harper being told hes stayed up and going absolutely mental.......... another celebration in the east Midlands.....

NewburyURZFan

by NewburyURZFan » 09 May 2008 10:31

Only one Trevor Morley You can tell by this thread that a lot of us still in our hearts think we're going to stay up...

for me its all about a 0-0 at Fratton Park with a late Ashdown/james penalty save and a goal off duberrys backside lateon which we then cling on to....

Birmingham will be 3 up early on just to bring more nervousness to the situation.

So Jeff Stellings day will be something like

Birmingham were the outsiders of three to remain in the Premiership - BUT HAVE MADE THE BEST POSSIBLE START.... over to Alan Mcnally at St Andrews

and now lets look at the league table as it stands - where we see that birmingham are currently in that all important 17th spot.. but I'm sure there are many more twists and turns.

And ANOTHER goal at St Andrews - but where has this one gone Alan Mcnally.....

Well Jeff Mcfadden has scored his first and Birminghams second

Birmingham were clear favourites to go down at 3pm -= but it could be all change now. Another Goal at St Andrews - Alan Mcnally.

Zarate - great movement - Birmingham are on fire........

5 minutes to go

READING FANS stand by your seats. The royals havent scored in over 10 hours of footbalol - BUT THERE HaS BEEN A GOAL AT PRIDE PARK - BUT WHICH WAY HAS IT GONE.

Well Jeff there has been an almight goalmotuh scramble, Robbie Savage went to clear the ball and Michael Duberry who was running back to defend got in the way, it hit him on the backside and in its gone in - 1-0 reading - 4 minutes to go.

LAST MINUTE DRAMA AT FRATTON PARK _ THE FINAL WHISTLES HAVE GONE AT ST ANDREWS AND PRIODE PARK _ CURRENTLY READING ARE STAYING UP. BUT A PENALTY HAS BEEN AWARDED AT FRATTON PARK - WHO ELSE TO TAKE US THROUGH IT BUT CHRIS KAMARA.........

Well Jeff its a penalty to Fulham - totally underserved in my view - Healy was hauled down at least 5 yards outside of the area but mark Clattenburg has pointed to the spot.

Danny Murphy put the ball down jamie Ahsdown making himself big in the goal - he shoots and he scores Jeff brilliant Fulham are saved at the death... But hold on Jeff ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE hes disallowed the penalty becuase Seol seemed to encroach the area before it was taken - so its been taken again Jeff - this will be the last kick of the game. murphy strides up and ASHDOWN HAS PUSHED IT INTO THE BAR AND AWAY. THE FULL TIME WHISTLE HAS GONE AND FULHAM ARE DOWN ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE I CANT BELIEVE IT

cut to Jamer Harper being told hes stayed up and going absolutely mental.......... another celebration in the east Midlands.....

is this a dream you have had recently?