Competition: Who can get on TV?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Competition: Who can get on TV?

by Dirk Gently » 07 May 2008 16:05

TBM
RTFC Drummer Take you shirt off when the Royals score, that should get you noticed it did when Fulham came to Reading a Fulham fan did it and he appeared on MOTD.

Score?

Does anyone understand what that means?

Leroy does - just not on the pitch.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 07 May 2008 16:07

TBM
RTFC Drummer Take you shirt off when the Royals score, that should get you noticed it did when Fulham came to Reading a Fulham fan did it and he appeared on MOTD.

Score?

Does anyone understand what that means?

John Halls and powder. Something like that anyway....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 May 2008 16:07

I'll be crying long before the game even kicks off if Schards goes ahead with his threat of wearing his frigging Spongebob t-shirt. :oops: I reckon a 5ft inflatable Spongebob might get some TV time, esp if AF1ers is crying like a baby whilst cuddling it.....

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 07 May 2008 16:27

^ With my shirt off 8)

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 07 May 2008 16:38

I'm really worried, because my son (14) has been following Reading for 8 or 9 years, so he's never witnessed a relegation up to now. He loves the club with a passion and has been holding up well so far (he claims to have reconciled himself to us going down since the 8-match losing run, but I'm sceptical about that), and I worry that it'll suddenly hit him on Sunday. He's prime TV fodder - slightly chubby, wears the colours with pride, always one of the last to leave. He's even bringing some blue and white balloons to blow up, and I dread the prospect of him being caught on camera clutching a semi-deflated blue 'un and blubbing like a rosy-cheeked baby.

I've somehow got to try to smuggle him out early if it all goes horribly wrong.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 07 May 2008 16:53

CMRoyal I'm really worried, because my son (14) has been following Reading for 8 or 9 years, so he's never witnessed a relegation up to now. He loves the club with a passion and has been holding up well so far (he claims to have reconciled himself to us going down since the 8-match losing run, but I'm sceptical about that), and I worry that it'll suddenly hit him on Sunday. He's prime TV fodder - slightly chubby, wears the colours with pride, always one of the last to leave. He's even bringing some blue and white balloons to blow up, and I dread the prospect of him being caught on camera clutching a semi-deflated blue 'un and blubbing like a rosy-cheeked baby.

Big Ern is your son? :shock:

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 07 May 2008 16:57

CMRoyal I'm really worried, because my son (14) has been following Reading for 8 or 9 years, so he's never witnessed a relegation up to now. He loves the club with a passion and has been holding up well so far (he claims to have reconciled himself to us going down since the 8-match losing run, but I'm sceptical about that), and I worry that it'll suddenly hit him on Sunday. He's prime TV fodder - slightly chubby, wears the colours with pride, always one of the last to leave. He's even bringing some blue and white balloons to blow up, and I dread the prospect of him being caught on camera clutching a semi-deflated blue 'un and blubbing like a rosy-cheeked baby.

If that happens people should be proud about how much his team means to him. Unfortunately his mates at school won't see it like that so I'd get him out of there at the final whistle if you can.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 May 2008 17:18

What school does he go to? You could always get him to wear face paint, a large hat and sunglasses (due to the sunny weather we're supposed to also have that day) to act as a disguise.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 07 May 2008 17:20

If this is the future of our support, then take the bolt gun and place it against his head now. He should be shit faced by halftime and asleep by the final whistle

susieroyal

by susieroyal » 07 May 2008 17:39

A few Derby fans have told me they will be invading the pitch whatever the result. However most of them were about 14.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 07 May 2008 17:57

just bring a banner one side saying we'll be back and the other side saying bring on the stoke!!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 May 2008 23:01

Why? It might be painful in the short term, but he'll come out the other side of it a much more rounded and well-balanced person. Relegation is character building - look at the personalities and attitudes of fans of Big 4 teams who've never been relegated if you don't believe me.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 08 May 2008 00:18

I think the PA should play this at the end of the match:
http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Status ... -Down.html
Sing along, anyone?

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 08 May 2008 10:08

Upper West Ginger I think the PA should play this at the end of the match:
http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Status ... -Down.html
Sing along, anyone?

Green Day - Good Riddance (TIme Of Your Life) would be pretty good to play.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 08 May 2008 10:09

Dirk Gently

Why? It might be painful in the short term, but he'll come out the other side of it a much more rounded and well-balanced person. Relegation is character building - look at the personalities and attitudes of fans of Big 4 teams who've never been relegated if you don't believe me.

Agreed. I didn't really make myself very clear - I was really only referring to the "on TV" part of the thread. We always have a good old laugh at blubbing fans of relegated teams, and I just don't want him to get caught on camera. This whole season's been character building for him - it's actually brought him closer to the club, as a matter of fact, and even more determined to fly in the face of glory-hunterdom. I'm quite proud of him for that.

nicky's left foot

by nicky's left foot » 08 May 2008 14:26

Schards#2 I'm taking a big banner saying

WE'LL BE BACK

(at pride park next season)

Genius!!!!!

how about ' Bye Bye Shearer's sh*t punditry!'
i bloody hate that man!! Never forgiven him for saying kitson is a thug who uses his arms to much!!
UMM Pot,Kettle and Black mate!!!

M0J0

by M0J0 » 08 May 2008 14:43

What a load of pessamists....
your comments are gonna look silly come 5pm Sunday

CMON URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

8) 8) 8)

WEAR SUNGLASSES WITH A ROSEY TINT.....THE SUN WILL SHINE ON US.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 11 May 2008 23:11

Who was the big girl's blouse then?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 May 2008 23:20

That fulham goal had a player offside :shock:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 11 May 2008 23:22

That Friday Feeling Who was the big girl's blouse then?

The goat was Fed bless him.