Coppells parking space

1452 posts
Shaka's Giant Hands

Re: Coppells parking space

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 12 May 2008 18:18

Stranded If people really want to do this then it needs to get as much press as possible, so tomorrow at the earliest and contact the EP, Sky Sports News etc.....and get as many people to show up as you can to make it...

Agreed...tomorrow after work? Give SS a chance to drive down there mega trucks?!?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 May 2008 18:20

The 17 Bus
Ian Royal Someone with technical know how should email him a copy of the FAO SSC thread.

It has a few morons on it, but that only highlights how genuine & serious most people are.

Mnay moons ago I printed off posts from here for the Team to read, I happen to know that it got to the players, it is easy to print the thread and get it to Steve Coppell, just bloody do it if you believe in the man.

I would do if I had a working printer and didn't have to post it. By the time it got there the decision will be made.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 May 2008 18:21

well said Stranded, fans can make a difference, but they need to make that difference rather than just talk about it. I put that sign up, I listened to BBC Berks and thought I had to tell SC I wanted him to stay, I did similar with AP, hopefully this time it will work.

RFC are better off with SC than without.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 12 May 2008 18:22

The 17 Bus the point is tat he drives and parks at the bay marked MANAGER, ffs how difficult is it??

Yes i know that, but we NEED to know when he's going to be there. Isn't he having a few days off to think about it?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 May 2008 18:24

Good on you Bus.

If I were in Reading I'd be there like a shot, sadly a return to normal life and work means I'm stuck in Cambridge.

At the very least Coppell needs to be shown just what he means to us. He's been so good he deserves a more than special goodbye and plea to stay.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 12 May 2008 18:25

The 17 Bus well said Stranded, fans can make a difference, but they need to make that difference rather than just talk about it. I put that sign up, I listened to BBC Berks and thought I had to tell SC I wanted him to stay, I did similar with AP, hopefully this time it will work.

RFC are better off with SC than without.

Agreed, and well done for the effort.

If someone gives Meridian a tinkle, they're normally interested in stuff like this, or at least they always showed plenty of interest in the past.

Same goes for Reading 107.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 12 May 2008 18:29

lets get it done, im up for tomorrow night, can't explain how much i want coppell to stay, he needs to know the feeling amongst the fans regardless of what he decides!

PorkyRfc

by PorkyRfc » 12 May 2008 18:29

I agree very strongly that we will be so much worse off if Sir Steve walks away. I have supported Reading for 20 odd years but I have enjoyed the last five years immensely and so much more compared to the Burns/Bullivant days. Even taking away all the amazing success Coppell is such an absolute gentleman that he has made Reading a club to be proud in because of our honourable behaviour in nearly every respect.

We can't go back to where we were ten years ago......we need to do all WE can to make sure Coppell is aware we want him to stay and he has not let us down.

I sent an e-mail to club asking them to pass on my support to Coppell. Lame, I know, unfortunately as I live in the Midlands I can't make it down to the Mad Stad with you guys. However I am sure that some pro-active campaigns like you guys are suggesting will be well worth it.

We need to get some press interest to make it take off. How about bombarding the Evening Post with e-mails to start a "KEEP STEVE COPPELL CAMPAIGN!!"??? The reader's are their customers and it should promote their views to a certain extent?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 May 2008 18:31

Can we agree a time please? A Facebook Event will be set up for this as well.

PorkyRfc

by PorkyRfc » 12 May 2008 18:33

Facebook event link please?

Or start a facebook group "Save Steve Coppell" just to raise publicity with Reading fans?

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 12 May 2008 18:34

this could be very good as he is only contemplating his future because he thinks he has let us down, he needs to know he hasn't!

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 12 May 2008 18:34

Row Z Royal Can we agree a time please? A Facebook Event will be set up for this as well.

'greed.

I can do tomorrow night and I'll get in touch with The Post tomorrow and try and drum up some help and try and encourage others to come down.

If others can do the same, the more that ring 107, local rags, the better.

allwite123

by allwite123 » 12 May 2008 18:35

when a facbook is set up can u please put the link up....im in bournemouth at university and cant get back but want to give my full support to this campaign!!!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 May 2008 18:35

Make sure you have something to give to someone to pass onto Steve in case he isn't there.

It's better if he is there, but this does need to be done before he can make up his mind fully.

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 12 May 2008 18:36

I live about 10 minutes from Coppells house, shall I knock on the door and tell him this?

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 12 May 2008 18:38

Toon Toon Blue army I live about 10 minutes from Coppells house, shall I knock on the door and tell him this?

Do it! I'm prepared to pay him cash from my own back pocket to keep him!

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 12 May 2008 18:39

Toon Toon Blue army I live about 10 minutes from Coppells house, shall I knock on the door and tell him this?

Yes tell him to look here too! Also tell us where he'll be when we want to meet up!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 May 2008 18:40

Scrappy

Do it! I'm prepared to pay him cash from my own back pocket to keep him!

might be best to wait until you know when people are going and how many will turn up, then give him a knock with a bit of notice and say: "Steve, theres something you might like to see at the stadium at [insert time here]"

Rax

by Rax » 12 May 2008 18:41

At the risk it might be considered Stalking!! But hey do it - anything that will make the Genius that is SSC have a go at getting us back up first bounce!!

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 12 May 2008 18:42

Brilliant idea guys - I'm definitely in. As much as I think Sir Steve is accountable I'd rather him than anyone else gets us back up there. Especially when you've heard the rumours I've heard. Tony Adams or Steve McClaren - yuk.

1452 posts