Coppells parking space

1452 posts
Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

Re: Coppells parking space

by Bacon Double Cheese » 13 May 2008 18:16

Can't be there in body but will be there in spirit.

Thank you Sir Steve and you have my undying gratitude whatever you choose to do. Here's hoping it's to stay here and take us back to the Premiership.

Well done Dom and so many others that have made this event happen this evening. You are all stars.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 13 May 2008 18:18

Yeah the features been on Meridian. The may do something else in the sport section.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 May 2008 18:26

Going to the ground to show support for your manager, fair enough, I like that idea.

Creating ipetitions and facebook groups is absolutely pathetic.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 13 May 2008 18:36

Live on BBCRB - Ben Moore reporting

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 13 May 2008 18:39

FiNeRaIn Going to the ground to show support for your manager, fair enough, I like that idea.

... as a way to spread the word and for people to show support who can't get to the ground? Don't really see the distinction to be fair.

Average

by Average » 13 May 2008 18:43

Cannot make it tonight, but hope it has the desired effect

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 13 May 2008 18:45

i'm gonna force my dad to drive me there :P

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 May 2008 18:45

Been away with work and therefore unaware of what was going on. Now too late to get there but Good Luck and well done to all of those who have.

Fingers crossed for a positive result and even if it doesn't work at least he'll realise how people feel about him.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 May 2008 18:47

FiNeRaIn Going to the ground to show support for your manager, fair enough, I like that idea.

I never had you down as particularly bright FR, but surely you can see that using the internet makes a huge amount of sense when it comes to spreading word of this to as many supporters as possible?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 13 May 2008 18:49

RoyalBlue Been away with work and therefore unaware of what was going on. Now too late to get there but Good Luck and well done to all of those who have.

Fingers crossed for a positive result and even if it doesn't work at least he'll realise how people feel about him.

come down!! I'm only just leaving.. or should i not bother too?? anyone know what time they're gonna give up and go home??

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 May 2008 18:53

kwik-silva
RoyalBlue Been away with work and therefore unaware of what was going on. Now too late to get there but Good Luck and well done to all of those who have.

come down!! I'm only just leaving.. or should i not bother too?? anyone know what time they're gonna give up and go home??

Trouble is, I probably live a fair bit further away than you - not in the Royal County (or even one bordering it for starters!).

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 13 May 2008 18:53

lol, c ya in a bit.. CMON URZ!!

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 13 May 2008 19:18

Alas just got in so wont be there. Well done to all that do

(and plus one obviously)

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 May 2008 19:27

Well done guys - absolutely brilliant!

How many have made it?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 May 2008 19:32

cmonurz

I never had you down as particularly bright FR, but surely you can see that using the internet makes a huge amount of sense when it comes to spreading word of this to as many supporters as possible?

I never had you down as much of a football fan cmonurz, but surely you know that creating an ipetition won't change coppells mind, i mean honestly. A petition? :lol:

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 13 May 2008 19:32

Text from RL at the ground reckons about 200 odd with more arriving. I thought the guys on Meridian did great. Particularly Dirkers speaking about the superb ovation for the manager/players/chairman after the game on Sunday from a group of fans who's team had just been relegated. That's why this club is so special.

Will this function tonight change anything? Probably not, but.....

1. It just might
2. At least Coppell will leave knowing what the fans truely thought of him.
3. It's cathartic after a huge dissapointment and sets a positive mindset going forward.

Well done everyone involved, my initial response to 17 buses first post was along the lines of 'what a waste of time' but, on reflection, it's anything but that and anyone involved should be proud.

Sir David of Brent

by Sir David of Brent » 13 May 2008 19:37

Couldn't be there as I don't live in Reading any longer, but completely support what everyone is doing. Haven't seen any coverage on the news at all which is a shame. :-(

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 May 2008 19:43

FiNeRaIn I never had you down as much of a football fan cmonurz, but surely you know that creating an ipetition won't change coppells mind, i mean honestly. A petition? :lol:

You said "going to the ground to show support for your manager, fair enough, I like that idea." And the internet is a great way of the spreading the word about that, be it a petition, Facebook group, whatever. Looks like a good turnout, anyway.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 13 May 2008 19:45

Could people who are in contact with those at the ground asks them to take loads of photos for the benefit of those who wish they could be there!It sounds fantastic and i love the way this came from the fans and developed so quickly.Hob nob is nitrous for 'all talk to action' but this has shown a great level of passion and unity and everyone involved should be congratulated.

nickbob_sexypants

by nickbob_sexypants » 13 May 2008 19:58

Any updates on how many people turned up yet? I wish I could make it, although managed to sign the petition 1st :D

1452 posts