Coppells parking space

1452 posts
Fat Leather Jacket

Re: Coppells parking space

by Fat Leather Jacket » 18 May 2008 19:29

So people who hold Coppell in high regard are morons? That is a somewhat short-sighted opinion. I would say the majority of football league Managers respect Coppell immensely, are they morons too?

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 18 May 2008 19:35

Is Royalee a bit of a cock? I'm starting to form that opinion.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 18 May 2008 19:37

press conference called for tom 2pm

maybe

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 May 2008 19:38

Fat Leather Jacket So people who hold Coppell in high regard are morons? That is a somewhat short-sighted opinion. I would say the majority of football league Managers respect Coppell immensely, are they morons too?

They probably hold him in high regard for his honesty, which is nice, but I very much doubt they hold him in high regard for his ability to mould top flight sides and sustain them for any period of time, because he simply hasn't.

Rax

by Rax » 18 May 2008 19:38

PlasticRoyale Would Royalee love a bit of cock? I'm starting to form that opinion.

Why indeed, I think you may be right!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 May 2008 19:39

PlasticRoyale Is Royalee a bit of a cock? I'm starting to form that opinion.

You're probably not intelligent enough to know how to form an opinion.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 18 May 2008 19:39

Royalee I am correct.

Does that mean if I am "correct" in my exam on Tuesday I'm due to fail the year?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 18 May 2008 19:40

Royalee

And can you explain how you formed your opinions on Steve Coppell being a shite manager?

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 18 May 2008 19:41

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 661535.stm

What is the alternative to Coppell? Now there is a question.

Name a better Championship Manager.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 18 May 2008 19:56

When all is said and done I am quite proud that proper football men like Coppell and Dillon are surprised that little ole Reading fans deem themselves fit enough to petition a Manager to stay AFTER relegation. Like both these guys have said they have never seen it done at any other club. Another first for that 'plastic' club in Berkshire.

Coppell is a fine bloke, have spoken to him twice and found him to be erudite and patient. More power to him, its a shame that more Managers do not have his qualities.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 May 2008 20:05

Fat Leather Jacket When all is said and done I am quite proud that proper football men like Coppell and Dillon are surprised that little ole Reading fans deem themselves fit enough to petition a Manager to stay AFTER relegation. Like both these guys have said they have never seen it done at any other club. Another first for that 'plastic' club in Berkshire.

Coppell is a fine bloke, have spoken to him twice and found him to be erudite and patient. More power to him, its a shame that more Managers do not have his qualities.
and as an average football fan (whose team is Reading by location)............good post

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 18 May 2008 20:17

Royalee
Fat Leather Jacket So people who hold Coppell in high regard are morons? That is a somewhat short-sighted opinion. I would say the majority of football league Managers respect Coppell immensely, are they morons too?

They probably hold him in high regard for his honesty, which is nice, but I very much doubt they hold him in high regard for his ability to mould top flight sides and sustain them for any period of time, because he simply hasn't.

Redknapp wins first trophy in English football, takes Portsmouth to highest EVER league position, 8th, hmmm, just p[erhaps success is not all that easy in a country where the top 4 win almost all the trophies. There are not that many managers who can mould a top flight team for long.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 May 2008 20:19

The 17 Bus
Royalee

Redknapp wins first trophy in English football, takes Portsmouth to highest EVER league position, 8th, hmmm, just p[erhaps success is not all that easy in a country where the top 4 win almost all the trophies. There are not that many managers who can mould a top flight team for long.
and legally too :?: :shock: :!: :?:

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 18 May 2008 20:25

Royalee

:lol:
ROFLoyaLOLee

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 18 May 2008 20:35

PlasticRoyale
Royalee

:lol:
ROFLoyaLOLee

Being at Bournemouth University gives you the right to look down on other people's intelligence :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 May 2008 20:48

Royalee Did you ACTUALLY READ what Dillon said you numpty?

“He has a very supportive chairman and all this talk about Steve not being given money is rubbish.

“The money was there this season but we couldn’t find the players to fit our criteria and we thought the ones we already had here were good enough.”

Which funnily enough is why Coppell deserves nothing other than the boot as he is a loser who lacks bottle. Nice guy, not a nasty bone in his body I suspect, but ultimately not good enough to establish us or indeed any other club in the Premiership.

Out of the thousands of professional footballers in this country and around the world, we couldn't find the players to fit our criteria?!!! What criteria did we set? Did they have to have three legs or something?!!

Reading between the lines, I would suggest what wasn't added was the fact that the budget available, whether that be for transfer fees, wages or both, was not sufficient to enable us to sign the players that did fit our criteria and who were better than the players we already had.

If that is not the case, then would someone please explain just what the hell the criteria are that a player has to satisfy in order to be deemed worthy of being signed by RFC!!

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 18 May 2008 21:24

rhroyal
Royalee

And can you explain how you formed your opinions on Steve Coppell being a shite manager?
the team did badly, therefore it follows the manager is shite.

Royalee, painting Knee-jerk reactions by numbers.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 18 May 2008 21:27

I havnt read any of royalee's stuff, but my friend at school says "oh, that royalee's a bit of a prick isnt he" :lol:

there are others he frowns upon too :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2008 22:04

willz_royal I havnt read any of royalee's stuff, but my friend at school says "oh, that royalee's a bit of a prick isnt he" :lol:

there are others he frowns upon too :lol:

Personally I think he wins the "moronic cock with the most over inflated ego ever" award

I've been avoiding using that foes thing because the whole point of a message board is to have discussions and debates, and to do that you have to have people with differing opinions. Unfortunately I'm tired of reading his drivel so I might have to put his name on it shortly.

Also I thought Dillon's quote was perfectly reasonable. It highlights that mistakes were made, but they have been recognised and hopefully learned from. I'd also say that we were competing for a fairly small market of players. There arn't likely to be that many that we thought were a) reasonably priced for their ability, b) good enough, c) within our wage structure, d) available.

Now in hindsight we obviously made a mistake not picking up any of those named players we were interested in. Coppell showed too much faith. But then he's already admitted that, and it's not such a bad weakness, especially when you are aware of it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 May 2008 00:22

Rax
PlasticRoyale Would Royalee love a bit of cock? I'm starting to form that opinion.

Why indeed, I think you may be right!

I don't think so.

I, along with a cool 94% of us disagree massively with what he says *about this issue*, but that doesn't make the guy a "cock", just someone who happens to disagree with us on *this issue*. Otherwise a well respected member here pretty much I think.

1452 posts