The best idea ever!

Radders

Re: The best idea ever!

by Radders » 22 May 2008 08:28

RTFC Drummer I think this has got great potential of working = creating an ubelivebale atmosphere so this is what you need!

1) A decent drummer = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj17J1rn ... re=related

2) Have a safe standing area = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05fno4fr ... re=related

3) Bring in a trumpet player to play some tunes = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ17hlEv ... re=related

4) Get a guy who will start chants= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmOHTBx9 ... re=related

Thats all I think to make the atmosphere 10 times better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With more games next season, mostly at 3pm on a Saturday, this spanner won't be coming or commenting on the atmosphere any more. Sorted.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 22 May 2008 13:31

2 world wars, 1 world cup
earleyroyal
2 world wars, 1 world cup [So it had nothing to with the fact that NOT A SINGLE Reading fan even turned up?

Hit the nail on the head there. You're right, no it didn't have anything to do with it. We could've had 22,000 Luciano Pavarottis and 5,000 brass bands, and given everyone a free bell, and still lost. Do you expect the fans to raise the team when it's clear they're not putting the effort in? I tried my best to sing throughout the game, but some fans around me, quite justifiably, didn't, and it didn't make any difference.

Fans respond to effort on the pitch, some people will sing whatever but most won't.

:lol:

That's cute.

Your attitude has sadly confirmed that we deserve no more than Championship footy.

I'm getting bored of this line. DESERVING to play in one league or another has NOTHING to do with how good or bad the fans are. It has EVERYTHING to do with how many points a team wins during a season.

mattmartin89

by mattmartin89 » 28 May 2008 09:39

From the BBC gossip column;

Relegated Birmingham City are to introduce a singing section at St Andrews next season after fans contacted the club with ideas. A club spokesman said: "One that stood out was having an area of the ground designated for supporters who like a good old sing-song."

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 28 May 2008 10:08

mattmartin89 From the BBC gossip column;

Relegated Birmingham City are to introduce a singing section at St Andrews next season after fans contacted the club with ideas. A club spokesman said: "One that stood out was having an area of the ground designated for supporters who like a good old sing-song. We are going to call it 'the chapel."

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 29 May 2008 19:38

earleyroyal
So it had nothing to with the fact that NOT A SINGLE Reading fan even turned up?

Hit the nail on the head there. You're right, no it didn't have anything to do with it. We could've had 22,000 Luciano Pavarottis and 5,000 brass bands, and given everyone a free bell, and still lost. Do you expect the fans to raise the team when it's clear they're not putting the effort in? I tried my best to sing throughout the game, but some fans around me, quite justifiably, didn't, and it didn't make any difference.

Fans respond to effort on the pitch, some people will sing whatever but most won't.

That's cute.

Your attitude has sadly confirmed that we deserve no more than Championship footy.

Again, take this slowly. Well supported football team =/= that team deserving to be in a certain division.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 29 May 2008 21:18

Alan Partridge RTFC drummer = DUMP.

Laura Norder
Location: my loaction is seccret but it is near wallingford ha ha

by Laura Norder » 30 May 2008 09:41

i like a drum but not at footy it keeps bang bang bank all the time and i want to see the match not have it all the time a li

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Jun 2008 14:07

AbovetheI
Alan Partridge RTFC drummer = DUMP.

the worst poster ever anywhere on the internet.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 Sep 2008 14:35

Just as an update on the Safe Standing campaign (which was last debated on this thread), th Lib Dems will be debating safe standing later today at their Conference in Bournemouth. If, as looks likely, they decide in favour of the concept, this will break the 3-party consensus and move the debate forward a long way.

More info and background at : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7613442.stm

Lib Dem sports spokesman Don Foster If fans want to stand, and clubs want to let them, we should at least explore safe ways of achieving it."

This is a sensitive issue but we cannot ignore the large numbers of fans who want to stand and are doing so in seating areas, despite the existing regulations and the danger it causes.

Given the seeming impossibility of policing existing regulations, and recognising that some passionate fans want to be able to jump up and down, then we need to look at technologies that allow them to do that safely.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Sep 2008 18:47

Dirk Gently Just as an update on the Safe Standing campaign (which was last debated on this thread), th Lib Dems will be debating safe standing later today at their Conference in Bournemouth. If, as looks likely, they decide in favour of the concept, this will break the 3-party consensus and move the debate forward a long way.

I am curious. Does anyone know which ground in League 1 has the largest - capacity wise - terrace?