Marek Pleased With Coppell Staying

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Marek Pleased With Coppell Staying

by readingbedding » 27 May 2008 12:36

Czech midfielder Marek Matejovsky has revealed his delight at boss Steve Coppell's decision to stay at Reading.

Coppell's future was up in the air following Reading's relegation, but he has recently revealed that he will stay on as Reading manager.

Matejovsky, who was signed by Coppell in January, said, 'I have a contract at Reading and I count on returning there.

'I have been watching news on the internet to know if they are going to sell some players, if coach Coppell will stay.

'I read that he would continue for which I am glad as he brought me into the club and he knows me well.

'It was tough when it was fresh, I tried to get to the Czech Republic as soon as possible, to be with my family, with my friends and could come to some different thoughts.

'But I am still disappointed, I did not expect that at all.

'I have learned to play football in a high tempo. I had to do my maximum in every training session to at least be nominated for the games.

'The competition is big and I am glad that I have had the chance to play so many games in the Premier League.

'It has definitely helped me and I hope I will be a little bit better.'

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: Marek Pleased With Coppell Staying

by Row Z Royal » 27 May 2008 12:39

"I count on returning there"

That's about as unambiguous as it gets. Good noises from an excellent asset.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 27 May 2008 12:44

What he said. Good news from Marek 8)

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 27 May 2008 16:06

Good news.

It also says a lot about our squad that, despite only recently learning English, he is our second most eloquent player.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 May 2008 16:11

Is indeed good news but a lot will depend on the Euro's, if he has a stormer then we may receive some bids that are too good to turn down.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 27 May 2008 16:21

Stranded Is indeed good news but a lot will depend on the Euro's, if he has a stormer then we may receive some bids that are too good to turn down.

If that is the position the club takes if there are bids for Marek, then it is a sad indicator about their ambition.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 27 May 2008 16:23

I have two words for all of you doubters......Zoltan Gera.....he stayed, he scored, he conquered...he is now a Prem player again!

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 27 May 2008 17:02

Old Biscuitman
Stranded Is indeed good news but a lot will depend on the Euro's, if he has a stormer then we may receive some bids that are too good to turn down.

If that is the position the club takes if there are bids for Marek, then it is a sad indicator about their ambition.

He has also stated he has no release clause so it would take big money.

Cookie

by Cookie » 27 May 2008 22:40

readingbedding Czech midfielder Marek Matejovsky has revealed his delight at boss Steve Coppell's decision to stay at Reading.

Coppell's future was up in the air following Reading's relegation, but he has recently revealed that he will stay on as Reading manager.

Matejovsky, who was signed by Coppell in January, said, 'I have a contract at Reading and I count on returning there.

'I have been watching news on the internet to know if they are going to sell some players, if coach Coppell will stay.

'I read that he would continue for which I am glad as he brought me into the club and he knows me well.

'It was tough when it was fresh, I tried to get to the Czech Republic as soon as possible, to be with my family, with my friends and could come to some different thoughts.

'But I am still disappointed, I did not expect that at all.

'I have learned to play football in a high tempo. I had to do my maximum in every training session to at least be nominated for the games.

'The competition is big and I am glad that I have had the chance to play so many games in the Premier League.

'It has definitely helped me and I hope I will be a little bit better.'

Good post, just thought it was worth adding the source.
http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=110774

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 28 May 2008 01:16

I'm glad he's staying. I'd heard the club were running an Ian Huntley lookalike contest next season. He'd be in with a chance...

(Yes. I know it's wrong.)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 May 2008 08:40

Old Biscuitman

Not really, there is apparently a policy at the club of letting players know when bids are received if they are acceptable. For example if we are offered say £5m from a Prem club after the Euros and we tell the player his wish to return to the club may change.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 28 May 2008 08:54

Jerry St Clair Good news.

It also says a lot about our squad that, despite only recently learning English, he is our second most eloquent player.

:lol: Very good.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 28 May 2008 18:48

Pleased with Copps and pleased to be in the final 23-man Czech squad for the Euros, no doubt.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 88,00.html

Dawn

by Dawn » 29 May 2008 08:56

Row Z Royal Pleased with Copps and pleased to be in the final 23-man Czech squad for the Euros, no doubt.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but if Matejovsky plays in Euro 2008, will he be the first Reading player to play in the European Championships?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 29 May 2008 12:01

Dawn
Row Z Royal Pleased with Copps and pleased to be in the final 23-man Czech squad for the Euros, no doubt.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but if Matejovsky plays in Euro 2008, will he be the first Reading player to play in the European Championships?

Nope. Bobby Mihaylov played for Bulgaria in Euro 96

On he Subject of Matejovsky, he contributed very little to our cause last season. If he wants to leave and we get a decent bid, I would not lose any sleep about

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 May 2008 12:21

He may not have been given much chance to help keep us up last season, but from the little I've seen of him, he's a quality player and we could do worse than build next season's team around him. His passing is absolutely spot on - he has a real eye for the ball and he makes space.

Laura Norder
Location: my loaction is seccret but it is near wallingford ha ha

by Laura Norder » 29 May 2008 12:28

and he looks relly nice

Dawn

by Dawn » 29 May 2008 12:52

Big Ern
Dawn

Nope. Bobby Mihaylov played for Bulgaria in Euro 96

On he Subject of Matejovsky, he contributed very little to our cause last season. If he wants to leave and we get a decent bid, I would not lose any sleep about

Thanks Big Ern, well remembered. I'd forgotten about Mick Hayloft!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2008 19:20

Royal Lady He may not have been given much chance to help keep us up last season, but from the little I've seen of him, he's a quality player and we could do worse than build next season's team around him. His passing is absolutely spot on - he has a real eye for the ball and he makes space.

I like him a lot, but I think some are going a little over board on his passing. I can't think of a single through ball that set up a goal. I can also think of plenty of passes that didn't get to the intended target.

Great prospect and should piss all over the championship though.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 29 May 2008 20:26

Wouldn't bank on it. Think he's a bit of a luxury for a team like Reading. Good passing, but never where it really matters.

Hope I'm wrong.