Pre-season friendly v MK Dons

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pre-season friendly v MK Dons

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 03 Jun 2008 14:34

Huntley & Palmer Can we leave the MK Dons stuff to the thread that was dredged up in General Football please or the STAR thread. Keep this one on track, ta

what else is there to discuss?

We have a friendly at MK. There isn't a huge amount of scope for discussion about it.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 04 Jun 2008 11:00

Should be a good day out, a mini bus full of us are going then out in MK in the evening before our driver takes us home

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: Pre-season friendly

by Alan Partridge » 04 Jun 2008 14:10

RTFC Drummer Should be playing Reading Town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, they are of very similar standard to League 1 Milton Keynes dons and would give our players the same sort of workout as this full time professional outfit and League 2 Champions would.

Still NO FANKS to this game though, friendlies are shite.

Royal Family

by Royal Family » 04 Jun 2008 15:05

Huntley & Palmer Can we leave the MK Dons stuff to the thread that was dredged up in General Football please or the STAR thread. Keep this one on track, ta

We have a friendly at MK. There isn't a huge amount of scope for discussion about it.

Precisely!! And as far as it being history & gone away ... IMO it will never be ok to do anything but hate MK Dons. There never has been any other precedent of a new club stealing the position of a defunct club (in this case in the 2nd tier of the league), without earning it. MK Dons will never deserve to be in the league unless they can arrange to get themselves relegated down to the depths of the league pyramid & come back properly. Not going to happen is it. At the very least the whole exercise was a nasty case of franchising in sport .... however I still favour the 'stolen deceased clubs status without ever earning it' scenario. T*ssers ... I seriously hope they go out of business.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Jun 2008 15:52

Royal Family

Precisely!! And as far as it being history & gone away ... IMO it will never be ok to do anything but hate MK Dons. There never has been any other precedent of a new club stealing the position of a defunct club (in this case in the 2nd tier of the league), without earning it. MK Dons will never deserve to be in the league unless they can arrange to get themselves relegated down to the depths of the league pyramid & come back properly. Not going to happen is it. At the very least the whole exercise was a nasty case of franchising in sport .... however I still favour the 'stolen deceased clubs status without ever earning it' scenario. T*ssers ... I seriously hope they go out of business.

Try bloody living there !! :evil:

It's not the newbie supporters fault, but franchise football should not be allowed - even at friendly level.

Having said that, I'll be there 'cos I can walk to the game, and the last time I walked to a Reading game was in the 80's at Elm Park.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 04 Jun 2008 17:07

I for one am quite looking forward to this game, a good excuse to go out on the lash and see a new ground.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 04 Jun 2008 19:39

Royal Family Precisely!! And as far as it being history & gone away ... IMO it will never be ok to do anything but hate MK Dons. There never has been any other precedent of a new club stealing the position of a defunct club (in this case in the 2nd tier of the league), without earning it. MK Dons will never deserve to be in the league unless they can arrange to get themselves relegated down to the depths of the league pyramid & come back properly. Not going to happen is it. At the very least the whole exercise was a nasty case of franchising in sport .... however I still favour the 'stolen deceased clubs status without ever earning it' scenario. T*ssers ... I seriously hope they go out of business.

Milton Keynes City and Wolverton both went bust because the locals couldn't be arsed to support their team int he lower reaches. The MK Dons project is a money making venture for Pete Winkelman and Asda/Walmart. Any football fan who thinks this is anything other than repellant, is a twat.

Some of the "I'm alright Jack" brigade on here should cast their minds back to Thames Valley Royals and see if they reconsider their opinion.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 05 Jun 2008 09:03

YAWN

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 Jun 2008 13:33

Jerry St Clair
Royal Family Precisely!! And as far as it being history & gone away ... IMO it will never be ok to do anything but hate MK Dons. There never has been any other precedent of a new club stealing the position of a defunct club (in this case in the 2nd tier of the league), without earning it. MK Dons will never deserve to be in the league unless they can arrange to get themselves relegated down to the depths of the league pyramid & come back properly. Not going to happen is it. At the very least the whole exercise was a nasty case of franchising in sport .... however I still favour the 'stolen deceased clubs status without ever earning it' scenario. T*ssers ... I seriously hope they go out of business.

Milton Keynes City and Wolverton both went bust because the locals couldn't be arsed to support their team int he lower reaches. The MK Dons project is a money making venture for Pete Winkelman and Asda/Walmart. Any football fan who thinks this is anything other than repellant, is a twat.

Some of the "I'm alright Jack" brigade on here should cast their minds back to Thames Valley Royals and see if they reconsider their opinion.

My support for Reading is more than my concern with a club that I have nothing to do with.
I would be there if RFC played them in a League or Cup match.

I don't see the point in watching friendlies mind.

Royal Family

by Royal Family » 05 Jun 2008 13:38

Huntley & Palmer YAWN

Keeping you up? Why is it so boring to you that occasionally some people choose to adopt a morally correct stance on one of the biggest abhorations ever to occur in the English football league. Ask yourself how can a new club (let's not kid ourselves - as that's what MK scummers are), simply take over a position in the 2nd from top league in the English football pyramid without earning it? It's not the sort of thing you kind of forgive over time "awww ... bless ... they really didn't mean to take a dead clubs position in the 2nd tier ... they probably mis-spelt 'Combined counties league' on their application & the admin boys at the football league didn't read it properly ... oh well ... c'est la vie!!" :shock: :shock:

They can never be forgiven & in my eyes will never be accepted as a bona fide club worthy of the league status they literally stole. I didn't even like Wimbledon very much FFS ... but that isn't the point here. :evil:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 Jun 2008 13:40

Royal Family
Huntley & Palmer YAWN

Keeping you up? Why is it so boring to you that occasionally some people choose to adopt a morally correct stance on one of the biggest abhorations ever to occur in the English football league. Ask yourself how can a new club (let's not kid ourselves - as that's what MK scummers are), simply take over a position in the 2nd from top league in the English football pyramid without earning it? It's not the sort of thing you kind of forgive over time "awww ... bless ... they really didn't mean to take a dead clubs position in the 2nd tier ... they probably mis-spelt 'Combined counties league' on their application & the admin boys at the football league didn't read it properly ... oh well ... c'est la vie!!" :shock: :shock:

They can never be forgiven & in my eyes will never be accepted as a bona fide club worthy of the league status they literally stole. I didn't even like Wimbledon very much FFS ... but that isn't the point here. :evil:

He's bored, because this has been done to death.
If he wants to support RFC in this match - fair enough.

It not his fault that a team that he has (i guess) nothing to do with has had that sort of upheaval.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 05 Jun 2008 14:00

What happened with MK Dons will never happen again, which can only be a good thing. As STAR Campaigns elluded to on the STAR fourm, AFC Wimbledon/Winkleman/FSF reached an agreement over the issues/history which means that MK can't portray of the history etc etc.

As much as I disagree with the franchise, it's all history in the past and should be an issue put to bed. Everyone's moved on and the purpose of the friendly is to get our players match fit ready for the start of the season.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 05 Jun 2008 14:18

Royal Family
Huntley & Palmer YAWN

Are you someone that believes loyalty exists in football as well? Wouldn't surprise me. The whole point is to move on, what is done is done and lessons in areas of football in which not a single one of us has control over might be learnt. It has absolutely no relevance to our team playing a friendly there, so take your pathetic beef elsewhere

Royal Family

by Royal Family » 05 Jun 2008 14:48

If you find that someone condemning MK Scum for what they are & never recognising them as a member of the football league "a pathetic beef" then that's your lookout. If you're saying there's no room for 'right & wrong, morals, princliples etc' in sport then that's a very sad outlook. I seriously hope MK Dons either get relegated into oblivion or go out of business. What happened was a complete travesty of any sort of justice & should not merely be forgotten, forgiven or accepted in any way shape or form!!! Rant over.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 05 Jun 2008 15:48

Then don't go. I couldn't careless about them or AFC WImbledon, they could win the Premiership for all I care. There is nothing that a mindless bit of ranting won't solve though eh? There is not much room for morals or principles in sport when money is involved, especially to the level it is now. Unfortunately that is the way it is, like it or not.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 05 Jun 2008 16:15

I would love to know if these people that still haven't got over the MK Dons/Wimbledon situation find it just as hard to get over other things they don't agree with in their life. I mean it isn't as if this affects their day to day life so why get so worked up over it.

They must be miserable buggers who moan about everything that ever happened in their lifetime whether it affected them or not.

Rant over.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 05 Jun 2008 16:19

Wycombe Royal They must be miserable buggers who moan about everything that ever happened in their lifetime whether it affected them or not.

Isn't that why HNA? exists for many?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 05 Jun 2008 17:21

Unfortunately, yes.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Jun 2008 18:14

Jerry St Clair

I'm sorry but you're quite wrong.

It was a money making exercise for Winkleman, Asda/Walmart AND IKEA !!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Jun 2008 18:16

Sorry, forgot the two councillors who resigned because they'd been wined and dined by Winkleman in order to smooth the planning process.