Little joining Pompey

423 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Little joining Pompey

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Jun 2008 15:50

We are just a nothing club really, summed up by how easily our players leave when anyone comes in for them. We've had our time at the top now its back to where we belong, mid table championship.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Jun 2008 15:50

Boooooo, f*ck off Portsmouth, how dare you show ambition or forward thinking! Every club should do business the Steve Coppell way and dither about because that's the way a proper club conducts itself!

'Nobody does any business in June.' :lol:

I'm sure we have our transfer targets all lined up though from Brentford - being able to attract the right player might be a problem though as not that many players want to come to us according to Sir Steve.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 20 Jun 2008 15:52

LOL @ calling signing Glen on a one-year "ambition and forward thinking".

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 20 Jun 2008 15:52

I can only assume Alan Partridge and Finerain are being idiots on purpose. I can't believe a 'fan' can be so negative about the club he supports. Where's the fun in that?

Good luck to Glenn, I hope he gets a few games next year and rinses a load of left backs across Europe.

Just hope the people that brought him to the club move on sooner rather than later, eh Alan..? :|
Last edited by sheshnu on 20 Jun 2008 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jun 2008 15:52

I'm not having that - Coppell isn't the one who offers the money and new contracts - that's down to Hammond isn't it. Hammond, once again, has shown he's not up to this job imho. I bet Coppell is as gutted as a lot of us are to be honest.

Fezza

by Fezza » 20 Jun 2008 15:53

Royalee Boooooo, f*ck off Portsmouth, how dare you show ambition or forward thinking! Every club should do business the Steve Coppell way and dither about because that's the way a proper club conducts itself!

'Nobody does any business in June.' :lol:

I'm sure we have our transfer targets all lined up though from Brentford - being able to attract the right player might be a problem though as not that many players want to come to us according to Sir Steve.

What he said!

Can th Occado man play on the right?

snotz

by snotz » 20 Jun 2008 15:53

Didnt see that coming, but gl to him, Shame it had to be pompey

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Jun 2008 15:54

Arch LOL @ calling signing Glen on a one-year "ambition and forward thinking".

Well it's certainly more ambitious than letting your better players go and having to call on Jimmy Kebe isn't it?

If we were forward-thinking, we'd have planned targets for survival and relegation and would have been looking to tie down our best players long ago instead of piddling money away on extending Gunnarsson's contract and paying Hunt ten times his weekly worth.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 20 Jun 2008 15:54

Im gutted Little has left. For me when fit probably the best player i have watched in a Reading shirt since Simon Osborn.

Can understand people being pissed off hes leaving after being out for the season but to be fair at his age one last chance in the prem your going to take it. I know i would!

He probably would of signed the new deal, but any prem club comes in for you where you don't have to move house etc you are going to take it.

Gutted to see him go, but i think he will do well there if fit.

Good Luck Glen..Sublime player for Reading..all the best
Last edited by Coppell's Right Footed 11 on 20 Jun 2008 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 20 Jun 2008 15:55

Royal Lady Do you think he'll pass his medical? I still think Harry is taking a massive gamble with him.

Just a small gamble really. No big deal for them if he never plays.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 20 Jun 2008 15:55

I heard that Little and Coppell didn't see eye to eye towards the end of last season.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 20 Jun 2008 15:56

Glen Little leaving >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shaka Hislop leaving
I'm so gutted I can not even begin to describe it. Today was going so well to that point. Devastated. Feel like my wife has run off with my best friend. My hatred for Portsmouth has now topped any other team by a mile.

Also, I can't blame Glen but I do think he owes us for the loyalty we showed him last season. I feel let down. Empty. Right, I'm off to go cry in a corner.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 20 Jun 2008 15:56

sheshnu I can only assume Alan Partridge and Finerain are being idiots on purpose. I can't believe a 'fan' can be so negative about the club he supports. Where's the fun in that?

Good luck to Glenn, I hope he gets a few games next year and rinses a load of left backs across Europe.

Just hope the people that brought him to the club move on sooner rather than later, eh Alan..? :|

5 failed transfer windows in a row.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Jun 2008 15:56

savage 4 england I heard that Little and Coppell didn't see eye to eye towards the end of last season.

Height difference I guess - that and the latter has no brain.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jun 2008 15:57

LOL @ people using this as a guide of ambition and a display of our lack of it.

Bloke is 32 years old, has hardly played for us in a year and is out of contract in a couple of weeks.

We offered him a new deal in line with being in the CCC this season quite rightly.

A Prem club has come in and offered him more, how much more we won't know.

Pompey are in the case taking exactly the sort of low risk, low cost move than we have made on quite a few occasions - yet they are applauded for their ambition, when our club do it they're derided as being clueless idiots.

DoubLOLe Standards...

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 20 Jun 2008 15:57

Looks like Henry will get his chance after all.

It's not as if Pompey fans are overjoyed with this. They will want to know why they've signed an aging, injury-prone winger too.

I'm trying to see the bright side in all this.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Jun 2008 15:57

Coppell's Right Footed 11 but any prem club comes in for you where you don't have to move house etc you are going to take it.

Agreed - this is what comes of moving the training centre south of the motorway.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 20 Jun 2008 15:58

'greed Stranded - imagine the Partridge-esque grumblings on the Portsmouth forums right now... :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jun 2008 15:59

FiNeRaIn We are just a nothing club really, summed up by how easily our players leave when anyone comes in for them. We've had our time at the top now its back to where we belong, mid table championship.

Feel free to give me a list of players in contract (or not coming to the end of their deal) that we've let go easily in the last say 4 years.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 20 Jun 2008 16:00

Royal Lady I'm not having that - Coppell isn't the one who offers the money and new contracts - that's down to Hammond isn't it. Hammond, once again, has shown he's not up to this job imho. I bet Coppell is as gutted as a lot of us are to be honest.

So gutted he's going to jack it in.......................................I think not. I like him, but I wonder about the club as a whole.

423 posts