Transfers that made you laugh

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Transfers that made you laugh

by brendywendy » 23 Jun 2008 14:13

double d Look at his goal against Sheff United that was pure class i think he scored at West Ham didn't he another good goal? He was a really good player at the start of the season then went off track...

not just the goals either
crosses, little esque dribbles, set ups of other goals
even saw him tracking back and making a tackle

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 23 Jun 2008 14:16

cmonurz Andy Hughes (out).

same here especially as we got £500K for him when he was worth 5p

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 23 Jun 2008 14:17

Alan Partridge Jimmy Kebe

Hunt's new contract

Hunt was worth keeping but if sunderland did offer £5-6m they should have taken the money

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 23 Jun 2008 14:19

That Friday Feeling Halford to Sunderland.

I still can't imagine what Keane was thinking.

ah yes, more laughable than the hughes deal...even if it was at the same price but oh no £2.5m...lol!!

i bet keane pays £10 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks/Costa/etc

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 23 Jun 2008 14:20

SpaceCruiser Us signing Jamie Cureton from Bristol Rovers for only £250K :lol: What a bargain!

yep and Doyle @ £78K and Kitson @ approx £300K

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 23 Jun 2008 14:21

Alan Partridge
royalsontour1871 seol ki Hyeon to fulham !! we were foolish to buy him first but i thought we would have to pay someone to take him from us

Seol >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oster >>> Hunt >>> Kebe

Soel is better than oster and maybe kebe, but id prefer hunt to seol anytime, he may not have the skill but at least he bothers (until he signed the new contract!)

double d

by double d » 23 Jun 2008 14:25

I cant stund hunt all he does is run about alot i refer Seol at right mid he was a better all round player

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 24 Jun 2008 14:59

Oster released, not technically a trasfer, but pleasing, and still makes me smirk. :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2008 15:03

double d I cant stund hunt all he does is run about alot i refer Seol at right mid he was a better all round player

looking at the DVD of our 1st season
perhaps i was hasty with seol, and forgot ho good he was too easily
the bloke was a match winner-yes he didnt work as hard as we are used to
but he could turn a game in an instant,

though that may be the favourable way the DVD has been edited, not sure

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Jun 2008 15:11

brendywendy
double d I cant stund hunt all he does is run about alot i refer Seol at right mid he was a better all round player

Nope, your original analysis was spot on. The start of last season was crucial for Reading last season, had we ended up losing that game v Boro, going away at West Ham and Sheffield Utd as well, critical games. To get 9 points just totally set up our season. All 3 games could have gone either way.

It was Seol who ripped Boro apart, scored a goal at West Ham that no one else in our squad could, actually ditto Sheffield United, our right winger cutting inside and with his weaker foot drilling in the 2nd. It was also one of his crosses after a mazy run that set up Doyle at Villa.

If Seol had played for most of last season instead of Oster, forget Little we'd still have been safe. Yes he'd have been crap at some stage but equally he'd have been brilliant for a period and almost certainly would have helped us get some more points.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2008 15:15

Alan Partridge
brendywendy

Nope, your original analysis was spot on. The start of last season was crucial for Reading last season, had we ended up losing that game v Boro, going away at West Ham and Sheffield Utd as well, critical games. To get 9 points just totally set up our season. All 3 games could have gone either way.

It was Seol who ripped Boro apart, scored a goal at West Ham that no one else in our squad could, actually ditto Sheffield United, our right winger cutting inside and with his weaker foot drilling in the 2nd. It was also one of his crosses after a mazy run that set up Doyle at Villa.

If Seol had played for most of last season instead of Oster, forget Little we'd still have been safe. Yes he'd have been crap at some stage but equally he'd have been brilliant for a period and almost certainly would have helped us get some more points.

greed
he did turn appalling at the end though and was clear he wanted to go-no idea why though-that malden korean community shite is surely rubbish
and im not sure if forcing him to stay would have got the best out of him attitude wise
but, that apart i agree, seol last season would probably have been more worthwhile than rosenior

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Jun 2008 18:33

royalsteve
SpaceCruiser Us signing Jamie Cureton from Bristol Rovers for only £250K :lol: What a bargain!

Ok, these would work if the title was " Transfers that made you laugh in hindsight".
No one laughed at the time because they were unknown quantities.

chandog

by chandog » 24 Jun 2008 19:39

FiNeRaIn
royalsteve

Ok, these would work if the title was " Transfers that made you laugh in hindsight".
No one laughed at the time because they were unknown quantities.

At the time all it showed was what a small club we were
Only spending a few grand on players was a bit of a joke
But once doyle and kitson played key roles in the promotion season as well as the first season in the prem these deals are now seen as bargains

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 24 Jun 2008 19:52

royalsontour1871 seol ki Hyeon to fulham !! we were foolish to buy him first but i thought we would have to pay someone to take him from us

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

y was seol so good then?[/quote]

Quite clearly you know oxf*rd all about football.[/quote]

how do i mate any1 could tell u how cr*p seol was!!! go back to watching reading on teletext u plastic[/quote]

Couple of things:

1. Seol >>>>> anyone used on the right wing last season
2. Using quotes isn't that hard is it?

double d

by double d » 24 Jun 2008 21:43

though that may be the favourable way the DVD has been edited, not sure[/quote]

If Seol had played for most of last season instead of Oster, forget Little we'd still have been safe. Yes he'd have been crap at some stage but equally he'd have been brilliant for a period and almost certainly would have helped us get some more points.[/quote]

greed
he did turn appalling at the end though and was clear he wanted to go-no idea why though-that malden korean community shite is surely rubbish
and im not sure if forcing him to stay would have got the best out of him attitude wise
but, that apart i agree, seol last season would probably have been more worthwhile than rosenior[/quote]

seol right wing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rosenior right wing

rosenior right back >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>murty

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 24 Jun 2008 22:16

Transfers that made me laugh ?? most of the cheap overseas no hopers and cheap unheard of tosh that we will fill our side with this season !! Common factor ..........................cheap

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Jun 2008 09:48

Keith Scott from Wycombe surely....

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 25 Jun 2008 20:44

cmonurz Andy Hughes (out).

Andy Hughes (IN). Great bit of business!

comeonthebiscuitmen

by comeonthebiscuitmen » 02 Jul 2008 12:43

Daley Thompson

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 Jul 2008 12:57

Steve Archibald