Ready to be the "Cup Final" for most teams we play nxt yr?

kieran

Re: Ready to be the "Cup Final" for most teams we play nxt yr?

by kieran » 19 Jun 2008 17:41

I have seen some deluded comments before in my time but the title of this thread is just hilariuos. To suggest that anyone will be looking forward to playing Reading is an absolute joke!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jun 2008 17:43

kieran I have seen some deluded comments before in my time but the title of this thread is just hilariuos. To suggest that anyone will be looking forward to playing Reading is an absolute joke!

Get off our board!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 19 Jun 2008 19:18

kieran I have seen some deluded comments before in my time

So have I. For instance, I heard Peter Storrie say the other day that Portsmouth are building a 36,000 seater stadium :lol:

Kes

by Kes » 19 Jun 2008 20:19

much bigger clubs than Reading in the chumpionship.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jun 2008 21:44

Kes much bigger clubs than Reading in the chumpionship.

What about in the Championship?

Ojc

by Ojc » 20 Jun 2008 12:19

Yeah Reading will be everyones Cup Final, I mean the winners of the Simod Cup are always coverted as the best team in country.

I mean, Nottingham Forest's European Cup wins, Ipswich's Uefa Cup/FA Cup winners, League Champions, all of this pales in significance to Reading and their Simod Cup triumph.

Get over yourselves.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Jun 2008 12:29

Ojc Yeah Reading will be everyones Cup Final, I mean the winners of the Simod Cup are always coverted as the best team in country.

I mean, Nottingham Forest's European Cup wins, Ipswich's Uefa Cup/FA Cup winners, League Champions, all of this pales in significance to Reading and their Simod Cup triumph.

Get over yourselves.

oxf*rd off newbie.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 Jun 2008 12:31

Ojc Yeah Reading will be everyones Cup Final, I mean the winners of the Simod Cup are always coverted as the best team in country.

Get over yourselves.

100% agree.

Ojc

by Ojc » 20 Jun 2008 12:33

SpaceCruiser

Get over yourselves.

oxf*rd off newbie.

Did I hit a nerve?

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 20 Jun 2008 12:47

Get over yourselves.
Ssssh, keep it quiet! :shock:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Jun 2008 12:51

Ojc
SpaceCruiser

Get over yourselves.

oxf*rd off newbie.

Did I hit a nerve?

Nope, just the traditonal welcome.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Bacon Double Cheese » 20 Jun 2008 13:02

SpaceCruiser Nope, just the traditonal welcome.
Like monotonal only more traditional?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 20 Jun 2008 13:15

Get over yourselves.

Exactly. There are numerous 'bigger' clubs than us in the Championship, how anyone can be sol deluded to believe that we will be anyone's cup final is bizzare.

135 in the lower divisions as a small club. 2 years in the top division and our fans think we are now other teams cup final??? DeLOLuded beyond words

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 Jun 2008 13:28

soggy biscuit

Get over yourselves.

Exactly. There are numerous 'bigger' clubs than us in the Championship, how anyone can be sol deluded to believe that we will be anyone's cup final is bizzare.

135 in the lower divisions as a small club. 2 years in the top division and our fans think we are now other teams cup final??? DeLOLuded beyond words

If you replaced Leeds United Football Club with Reading Football Club, then it would be correct.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Jun 2008 13:38

gonesy Not arrogant just realistic. I live in Plymouth & most Argyle fans look up to teams like Reading & Wigan for what they have achieved & obviously envy us. They see our club as a model for success that they would love theirs to replicate. And as for the opening Madstad fixture, they are already talking about bringing 4000 fans up for it just like they did the last couple of times. I admit this is partly because we are one of the closest Championship teams to them but it is also because our stadium dumps on their ground from a great height and they see it as a good day out with a big match feel. Now I don't know about you people but aside from it being the first home game next season, I'm not getting that excited about playing Plymouth Argyle :lol:

I remember Plymouth packing the away end when they used to come to Elm Park as well.

I'm sure they are not any more excited than usual.....

Stop being arrogant. Its not nice. As Reading fans, we have little to be arrogant about. When a Reading fan starts being arrogant it really is pathetic.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Bacon Double Cheese » 20 Jun 2008 13:46

"We're by far the greatest team this league has ever seen" FACT not arrogance.
HTH

gonesy

by gonesy » 21 Jun 2008 20:41

Don't forget it's the small club mentality when it comes to transfers etc. that many people on this board blame for us being relegated last year. What's wrong with bigging ourselves up sometimes? I've always loved supporting Reading regardless of the division they were playing in, even enjoyed the Reading who? comments (when I have lived away from the area) and there are many things I actually prefer about Reading playing in the lower divisions (hardcore support away from home etc.) but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the good times we've had over the last few years. I'm not unrealistic but I know we're gonna take some stick from opposing fans next year because of the good times we've had recently and tbh I can't wait! You have to accept things will never be quite the same again for Reading and if you don't like it maybe you should just go and support Aldersh*t!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 21 Jun 2008 23:46

gonesy Don't forget it's the small club mentality when it comes to transfers etc. that many people on this board blame for us being relegated last year. What's wrong with bigging ourselves up sometimes? I've always loved supporting Reading regardless of the division they were playing in, even enjoyed the Reading who? comments (when I have lived away from the area) and there are many things I actually prefer about Reading playing in the lower divisions (hardcore support away from home etc.) but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the good times we've had over the last few years. I'm not unrealistic but I know we're gonna take some stick from opposing fans next year because of the good times we've had recently and tbh I can't wait! You have to accept things will never be quite the same again for Reading and if you don't like it maybe you should just go and support Aldersh*t!

Who are now back in the league - well done to them. Apart from that I basically agree - we need to be a bit more confident. I don't think we will be anyone's cup final though, there will however be a bit more media hype around us than there was three years ago...

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 22 Jun 2008 10:25

A general LOL. Reading are CCC through and through. We are only ex-prem in name after 2 seasons. That does not make us a bonafide premiership team. A toe in the water, that is what we had. IF it ever happens again and we are promoted, 6 seasons of continual prem experience would still only make us a new prem side. Investment and stability what ever league we are in. :roll:

gonesy

by gonesy » 03 Jul 2008 22:39

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1336546,00.html

Looks like Coppell is being more realistic about this than some of you!