Stephen Hunt `Prem is place to be' From the RC

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Stephen Hunt `Prem is place to be' From the RC

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jul 2008 16:06

Roger the Rabbit I would suggest that there is a huge difference in the amount of time off that a top class athlete needs and what a desk bound pen pusher needs !

Given that just about every player carries some kind of injury during the season a break of several weeks might just about give them time to rest and get those niggles clear. 3 1/2 weeks seems a pretty short time to fully recover and be ready to get going again for another 48 weeks of physical exertion.

Not being a desk bound pen pusher I guess I missed that!

Some players/athletes need longer than others for their body to recover and I suspect most have experts who monitor and assess that. However, long that period is, I very much doubt that the sports scientists at RFC are daft enough to ramp training up to full intensity the moment they come back from their holidays.

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 03 Jul 2008 23:37

Hunt! What A Hunt!

It's players like him who make my blood boil.............So who gave him a chance when he was being released from Brentford?

I understand that players have no loyalty these days but he really takes the piss! I'm glad Murty has spoken out! I really hope he does go now, it was clear last season he was playing for a contract and as soon as he got it, started playing like a league 1 player.

Hunt is well overratted, yes he can run all day, but quality and lack of comes to mind!!

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 04 Jul 2008 09:21

I don't begrudge him a break, and I appreciate his honesty about wanting to play in the Premiership and all that, but I can't help feel that he is partly to blame for Reading being relegated so it's his own fault really.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Jul 2008 09:24

10 million for a winger who can't cross and a striker who can't score :-S

Err thanks Roy, that'd be lovely.

bn2001uk

by bn2001uk » 04 Jul 2008 09:51

yeah come on be fair......this works for everyone.
We get £5mill for a player we paid peanuts for and will be worth a lot less once people really find out about his lack of crossing ability.
He gets back in the premiership for a season working with Keano and most probably a big jump in salary. Quid pro Quo

I do like the fact that he was up front about it all though....as someone has already remarked, what footballer wouldn't want to play in the Premiership?

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 04 Jul 2008 09:56

bn2001uk
I do like the fact that he was up front about it all though....as someone has already remarked, what footballer wouldn't want to play in the Premiership?

Although it's a shame that those players who are stating that "The Premier League is the only place to be" didn't have that in their heads during the games which they put in collectively abysmal performances. (A little more concentration of minds in the Bolton and Fulham matches would have worked wonders)
Last edited by wolsey on 04 Jul 2008 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 Jul 2008 09:58

Alan Partridge Stephen Hunt's end product, in particular his crossing just isn't good enough for a Premiership winger. YEs he did start the season strongly, in particular against Everton I thought he had a tremendous game, after the first month/2months I thought he got worse and worse and by January I was praying we'd take the money. I admire his rise from rags to riches (sort of) in that he's gone from League 1 scrapheap to the Premiership, I think his work rate and energy levels (absolutely no one questions that) make up for his genuine lack of that extra quality you need to be a really decent player. English football fans love a 'trier' they love someone that shows that 'passion' in his play, ultimately you just have to have more than that. If we were offered in the region of £5million we'd be absolute fools to turn it down this time.

Any names we can replace him with?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Jul 2008 10:06

Gordons Cumming
Alan Partridge Stephen Hunt's end product, in particular his crossing just isn't good enough for a Premiership winger. YEs he did start the season strongly, in particular against Everton I thought he had a tremendous game, after the first month/2months I thought he got worse and worse and by January I was praying we'd take the money. I admire his rise from rags to riches (sort of) in that he's gone from League 1 scrapheap to the Premiership, I think his work rate and energy levels (absolutely no one questions that) make up for his genuine lack of that extra quality you need to be a really decent player. English football fans love a 'trier' they love someone that shows that 'passion' in his play, ultimately you just have to have more than that. If we were offered in the region of £5million we'd be absolute fools to turn it down this time.

That's not my job, although the one I'd have liked has already gone elsewhere, If Convey can stay fit and find any sort of form then he has already proven he's more than good enough for this division. I've always quite liked Lee Cook, where is he these days? Other than that I'm not too sure who is available, all I do know is that £5million for Stephen Hunt is absolutely laughable.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 04 Jul 2008 10:11

Alan Partridge
Gordons Cumming

That's not my job, although the one I'd have liked has already gone elsewhere, If Convey can stay fit and find any sort of form then he has already proven he's more than good enough for this division. I've always quite liked Lee Cook, where is he these days? Other than that I'm not too sure who is available, all I do know is that £5million for Stephen Hunt is absolutely laughable.

I was a huge fan of Stephen Hunt but his mind (as well as Shorey's) was elsewhere for a lot of the second half of the season. I would without any hesitation now take 5 million for him. I'd even take 3.5 million to be honest.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

HUNT

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 04 Jul 2008 14:29

Just hope the whhels on his house go round and round as soon as possible - the bloke was saved from extinction by Coppell - at the time we signed him . he was on his way to Bradford to sign for them.

Coppell got him to sign for Reading - he became, in a relatively short period of time, one of the top earners (question why tbh!) and now because he's dropped a division (or had a 40% wage cut!) not sure which, he is clearly looking for out -

No loyalty, so as far as I am concerned get shot - over-rated, over-paid and a transfer now overdue!

Guys a total mercenary and we dont need them at the club!

Coppell's Right Footed 11

Re: HUNT

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 04 Jul 2008 14:37

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY Just hope the whhels on his house go round and round as soon as possible - the bloke was saved from extinction by Coppell - at the time we signed him . he was on his way to Bradford to sign for them.

Coppell got him to sign for Reading - he became, in a relatively short period of time, one of the top earners (question why tbh!) and now because he's dropped a division (or had a 40% wage cut!) not sure which, he is clearly looking for out -

No loyalty, so as far as I am concerned get shot - over-rated, over-paid and a transfer now overdue!

Guys a total mercenary and we dont need them at the club!

Biggest pile of shit i have ever read

From any interview Hunt has given since we have been relegated he has been fully committed. His latest interview he says every player wants to play in the premiership but loves being at Reading and would be more than happy to be with us next year.

Players in ambition shocker

:roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Jul 2008 14:38

Are there not enough Hunt threads already going for you to post your pathetic crap on?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 04 Jul 2008 14:39

Coppell's Right Footed 11
Players in ambition shocker

:roll:

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY in total drivel shocker. The brain cell competition between this one and Royalee is a real challenge to observe

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jul 2008 14:40

im with them

thatll lend some weight to th epositive campaign!!!!
:oops:

Fezza

by Fezza » 04 Jul 2008 14:40

I have to agree with what he's said. I'd much rather he turned around and said thank you for the good times but frankly I'd be an idiot not to take this chance, than tell us he was Reading through and through only to sign a contract with say Portsmouth the next day.

He said in The Sun: "It is a short career and fans would appreciate it more if players were more honest about these things.

"Anyone who says they don't want to be in the Premier League is lying.

"It's not that people are unhappy but fans aren't stupid. It makes more sense if they know what's going on."

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jul 2008 14:42

gotta respect his honesty really
and only a blinkered fool could really disagree

Fezza

by Fezza » 04 Jul 2008 14:44

brendywendy gotta respect his honesty really
and only a blinkered fool could really disagree

Strange that for once I am not said fool!

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 04 Jul 2008 14:56

Shock horror - professional footballers are in it for the money !!

You'll be telling us next that accountants, shop assistants, airline pilots and compuetr programmers do their jobs for money as well...

Y25

by Y25 » 04 Jul 2008 16:35

I hope he stays but would snap the arms off anyone offering 5 big ones

For what it's worth I work with some people who chat to him after every game and they say he is one of the most genuine people they have ever met

Just wished he scored that open goal against Blackburn :cry:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 04 Jul 2008 16:38

Roger the Rabbit Shock horror - professional footballers are in it for the money !!

You'll be telling us next that accountants, shop assistants, airline pilots and compuetr programmers do their jobs for money as well...

I don't remember him saying anything about money.