cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Next season's shirt

by cmonurz » 13 Jul 2008 17:51

ELOLectROFLoLOLux.

Kes

by Kes » 13 Jul 2008 17:53

I think the point is platy that Luton are more renowned for orange and blue. Just like QPR are for the hoops as opposed to Reading.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jul 2008 17:53

Have to say I've always associated Luton with white and black at home and orange and white away. I seem to remember orange and blue being primarily a 70s phase for them.

Kes

by Kes » 13 Jul 2008 17:55

8)

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Jul 2008 17:56

1999-00 apparently, but other than that, spot on, the deluge of orange and blue kits was the late seventies.

Now this is a kit.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jul 2008 17:58

Platypuss Have to say I've always associated Luton with white and black at home and orange and white away. I seem to remember orange and blue being primarily a 70s phase for them.

Ker-ching!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Jul 2008 18:00

Don't know if this has already been posted, but impressively fast update on historicalkits.co.uk.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 13 Jul 2008 19:13

We couldn't have had Orange and White as the short colour is something that can clash with the other team (the ref will be mostly looking from the waist down). Black and Orange would have looked good, but with them being blue it means they can be worn with the home kit if we need to change the shorts to avoid a clash (shame they put an orange stripe down them as that will look odd with the home shirt though).

I hope this clears some fashion colour tips.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 13 Jul 2008 22:15

Rawlie19 We couldn't have had Orange and White as the short colour is something that can clash with the other team (the ref will be mostly looking from the waist down). Black and Orange would have looked good, but with them being blue it means they can be worn with the home kit if we need to change the shorts to avoid a clash (shame they put an orange stripe down them as that will look odd with the home shirt though).

And what about orange shorts? Did you not think of that?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Jul 2008 23:42

Streets
ScottishRoyal I do agree that the club should at least ask the fans though. People say that every year though and never contact the club.

I have been in touch with the club in the past about this idea of offering the supporters a chance to offer designs for a new kit but it was dismissed out of hand.
The problem is they believe people who buy the shirts will buy the shirts regardless of what the shirts look like, to some extent this is true.

Those who will buy regardless can be ignored, the club should ask potential customers like myself who can afford a shirt but chose not to buy one because they look crap exactly what they want in a shirt. If the majority say a collar then stick a collar on and you sell more shirts.

Perhaps the way to approach this is to present some results of a survey to the club, maybe work with Star and have someone draw up a number of kits and include past designs and see what the fans want. The results can be submitted to the club and if they see most fans want, for example, dark blue hoops going all the way round, a collar and long and short sleeved variants then they can maybe work with Puma to get a good match.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 14 Jul 2008 07:28

SpaceCruiser
Rawlie19 We couldn't have had Orange and White as the short colour is something that can clash with the other team (the ref will be mostly looking from the waist down). Black and Orange would have looked good, but with them being blue it means they can be worn with the home kit if we need to change the shorts to avoid a clash (shame they put an orange stripe down them as that will look odd with the home shirt though).

They were designing them so they looked good as second shorts with the home shirt in mind. Blue is better than orange, no?

Streets

by Streets » 14 Jul 2008 08:00

LOL @ Spacey trying have a pop at Rawlie and looking stupid for it.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Jul 2008 09:17

Rawlie19
SpaceCruiser

They were designing them so they looked good as second shorts with the home shirt in mind. Blue is better than orange, no?

Yes..............but couldn't we have three shorts, one blue, one white, one orange? ;)

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 14 Jul 2008 09:24

SpaceCruiser Yes..............but couldn't we have three shorts, one blue, one white, one orange? ;)

See JM's comments about needing to cut our cloth....

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 14 Jul 2008 16:18

SpaceCruiser Yes..............but couldn't we have three shorts, one blue, one white, one orange? ;)

Funnily enough, I've heard there are some orange shorts in the pipeline. Don't know if they're going to be available to buy.

Streets

by Streets » 14 Jul 2008 18:35

I bet our Dave is well chuffed with the kit. :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 14 Jul 2008 18:39

Streets I bet our Dave is well chuffed with the kit. :lol:

Why?

Streets

by Streets » 14 Jul 2008 18:54

bobby1413
Streets I bet our Dave is well chuffed with the kit. :lol:

Why?

Because his collar will match his cuffs? :?

zummerset

by zummerset » 14 Jul 2008 19:01

Away kit is unbelieveably shite - LOL at anyone daft enough to wear it. Like the new home one but the back is very odd. No purchases from me Mr Mad.

Son of Len

by Son of Len » 15 Jul 2008 06:42

The away kit is designed to pull more New Yorkers into the Reading sphere of influence. Not to mention University of Illinois alumni. And the few other assorted Americans that like those colors.

Actually, I'm a little disappointed they didn't go with royal blue and Waitrose green together. I think that would have been a wonderful combo.

615 posts