Noel Hunt signs

429 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Noel Hunt

by paultheroyal » 23 Jul 2008 12:26

The Surgeon of Crowthorne It's a wind-up - pualtheroyal's claim that is. ptr has done this several times in the past.

Er no - that is a wind up - i normally leave this section well alone. Stand by your text messages or sky sports news ticker!!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 23 Jul 2008 12:30

paultheroyal
The Surgeon of Crowthorne It's a wind-up - pualtheroyal's claim that is. ptr has done this several times in the past.

Er no - that is a wind up - i normally leave this section well alone. Stand by your text messages or sky sports news ticker!!

Well whats your source? How immature

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Jul 2008 12:31

all i remember paultheroyal for is terrible betting habits. Other than that nothing :|

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 23 Jul 2008 12:34

ISTR (but can't be arsed to check) a few posts on GF that were total BS. Apologies will be due if he's correct.

It does seem odd though if the fee is correct. Why go public with turning down a bid if you're prepared to sell for just 50k more? I would have thought that the point of being so public would be to try to force a lot more than that out of the buying club.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 23 Jul 2008 12:41

Please. God. No!

Streets

by Streets » 23 Jul 2008 12:44

paultheroyal Noel Hunt is currently at Reading having a medical - 650K has been accepted I understand.

:cry:

Agree with Platypuss too. Doyle or Lita to go (Lita likely) and most likely Mooney arriving for the 4th I feel.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 23 Jul 2008 12:47

Unfortunately I think this is more a replacement for Doyle than Lita.

I wish it were the other way round, but I think Doyle is the one that will attract interest and Hunt is sounding more like a Doyle type player than a Lita from the snippets describing him on here.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jul 2008 12:50

You know, I love the way that any news (true or rumoured) is twisted to have a negative slant almost in an instant on here these days.

Streets

by Streets » 23 Jul 2008 12:52

Southbank Old Boy Unfortunately I think this is more a replacement for Doyle than Lita.

I wish it were the other way round, but I think Doyle is the one that will attract interest and Hunt is sounding more like a Doyle type player than a Lita from the snippets describing him on here.

Give it 12 months and here the LOL's.

Doyle, Lita and Kitson gone. Harper, Hunt and Matejovski gone.

Fook you Stranded, and LOL @ Noel Hunt being good news.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jul 2008 12:55

Go fook yourself.

Take a step back, this bloke may be coming in, probably is. That's it. I just don't understand the need or want to try and make it a negative by trying to read something that probably isn't there in comments made a couple of days ago.

Streets

by Streets » 23 Jul 2008 12:58

Stranded Go fook yourself.

Take a step back, this bloke may be coming in, probably is. That's it. I just don't understand the need or want to try and make it a negative by trying to read something that probably isn't there in comments made a couple of days ago.

Not sure about any comments, I just think we are so tight in the transfer market that we're left with the likes of Noel Hunt when we could of had a Rob Hulse.

Fantastic support in terms of season tickets next season, those fans deserve to see their commitment rewarded with a big, or a couple of big name signings.

And don't fook me, I loves you.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jul 2008 13:01

Yep a big name signing would be fun for a day or two....what the fans want more than anything is the team doing well. However, if we don't spend another penny and finish the season going up then the vast majoriry of fans won't give a flying fook how we did it.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 23 Jul 2008 13:02

Stranded You know, I love the way that any news (true or rumoured) is twisted to have a negative slant almost in an instant on here these days.

Force of habbit after 18 months of no good news I guess, or longer if we're talking specifically about transfers.

The comments coming from the club dont really help do they?

Streets

by Streets » 23 Jul 2008 13:03

Southbank Old Boy
Stranded You know, I love the way that any news (true or rumoured) is twisted to have a negative slant almost in an instant on here these days.

Force of habbit after 18 months of no good news I guess, or longer if we're talking specifically about transfers.

The comments coming from the club dont really help do they?

What ^ said.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Jul 2008 13:06

Alan Partridge all i remember paultheroyal for is terrible betting habits. Other than that nothing :|

LOL - Shows what you know - check out the football bets of last year - particulary the last quarter and you will find i was the most successful and accurate - like this news story.

:lol:

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 23 Jul 2008 13:06

Stranded Yep a big name signing would be fun for a day or two....what the fans want more than anything is the team doing well. However, if we don't spend another penny and finish the season going up then the vast majoriry of fans won't give a flying fook how we did it.

Personally, and I might be in a very small minority, I'd be worried about the sustainability of that success.

By not bringing in players who might excel in the division above we'd be needing to aquire more talent over the summer and a bigger overhaul brings more instability and more of a gamble. I'd much rather see us building for the future, as well as the present, right now. We've seen how difficult we find it to attract top players to the club and so we have to bring players in to bed in, improve etc etc so they can then compete.

It was that lack of foresight in bringing players that contributed heavily to our relegation.

Splitting hairs maybe, but you did ask :)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jul 2008 13:08

Depends on your mindset, most of what has been said has been fairly neutral run-of-the-mill comments that come out of virtually every other club at some point. Not much to read into unless you are that way inclined.

If when the season starts we win a few games then the mood will suddenly become a happy one.

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 23 Jul 2008 13:10

It's just a bit frustrtaing at the moment, although I have faith in the management to pick the right player (it appears even Kebe is beginning to look like a footballer), after the dirge that we have all just watched for the last twelve months then a big signing would raise the atmosphere around the whole club.

After all the players have got to be feeling similar to the fans at the moment in terms of morale, it is them that are actually out there getting pasted each week. A signing could just add to the morale of everyone at the moment.

For me Noel Hunt just doesn't raise my blood pressure that highly.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 23 Jul 2008 13:10

Streets Not sure about any comments, I just think we are so tight in the transfer market that we're left with the likes of Noel Hunt when we could of had a Rob Hulse.

THis is the same Rob Hulse who Blades fans aren't sorry to see go and are happy that they still have Stead instead of him? The same Rob Hulse who has not regained any sort of form since coming back from serious injury? The same Rob Hulse who did not score a single goal in 24 appearances in the 07/08 season? The same Rob Hulse who has just cost Derby £1.75m?

For the Blades Henderson is an improvement on Hulse.

I'd rather have Ade Akinbiyi (Ok maybe not, but you get my point). But I'd definately rather have Noel Hunt.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Jul 2008 13:18

Wycombe Royal
Streets Not sure about any comments, I just think we are so tight in the transfer market that we're left with the likes of Noel Hunt when we could of had a Rob Hulse.

THis is the same Rob Hulse who Blades fans aren't sorry to see go and are happy that they still have Stead instead of him? The same Rob Hulse who has not regained any sort of form since coming back from serious injury? The same Rob Hulse who did not score a single goal in 24 appearances in the 07/08 season? The same Rob Hulse who has just cost Derby £1.75m?

For the Blades Henderson is an improvement on Hulse.

I'd rather have Ade Akinbiyi (Ok maybe not, but you get my point). But I'd definately rather have Noel Hunt.

Have you seen Hunt play or is it just because we are after him?

Hulse is >>>>>>>>>>>>> Henderson. I'd wager a good chunk of cash on Hulse getting 15 goals at least for Derby next season.

429 posts