Noel Hunt signs

429 posts
irishroyal81

Re: RUMOUR - Noel Hunt

by irishroyal81 » 23 Jul 2008 14:36

noel hunt is an absolute legend of a player. he scored 18 goals last year (granted in the SPL) but also take into account that Reading are playing in the Championship this year. He is young, very skillful, great header (unreal leap) and very atheltic with same celebration as leroy. check out youtube for some vids. also celtic were interested in him too but he is believed to fancy a move down south so its an awesome signing for Reading. he has excellent temprament and i fancy him to have a field day on the better quality pitches and with good delivery and injury free will hit the 15+ mark again . Also having two hunts in the one team will be extra funds through marketing etc and give more media pressence. i expect him to get his first full irish cap in the upcoming qualifying campaign.

typical negative pessimistic comments on him signing. its reading we support. not liverpool.

Streets

by Streets » 23 Jul 2008 14:40

When he turns out to be shit, you dead meat sukka.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 23 Jul 2008 14:50

irishroyal81 very atheltic with same celebration as leroy.

Like this? Good finish too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlasP4H_YBA&feature=related

BNWA

by BNWA » 23 Jul 2008 14:52

Streets, will you get a sodding grip - it's embarassing.

Anyway, 15-20 goals in the SPL isn't exactly a bad record and considering we're a Championship club curently it's more likely than not going to mean he is perfectly capable at this level.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 23 Jul 2008 15:15

BNWA Streets, will you get a sodding grip - it's embarassing.

Anyway, 15-20 goals in the SPL isn't exactly a bad record and considering we're a Championship club curently it's more likely than not going to mean he is perfectly capable at this level.

FON

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 23 Jul 2008 15:22

He scored 12 goals in 34+(2) games in the spl, considering dundee utd scored 53 goals in total that is a decent return for a player not playing for the big 2 in my view.

Streets

by Streets » 23 Jul 2008 15:27

BNWA Streets, will you get a sodding grip - it's embarassing.

Embarassing is a club finishing just outside Europe, still refusing to spend even £4m in the transfer market the following season and then getting relegated.

Embarassing is getting relegated, pockets full of cash and still refusing to spend the money required to get in the better proven players required.

Yes of course, as with our promotion, you don't always need a team of 'proven' players, but that team was together a long time and had one hell of a fighting spirit.

We are going to struggle this season because our chairman is holding us back.

NoeLOL Hunt. Great.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 23 Jul 2008 15:27

Wycombe Royal
papereyes
Wycombe Royal THe thing that annoyed me most about our play last season was our tendancy to hit long balls to Kitson whenever he was on the pitch, and when he wasn't we generally kept the passes shorter and on the ground. I know which style of play I prefer to watch.

It is also a style that is more likely to be successful. If you can get it right.

Is it? West Brom were not a long ballside, and neither were Hull or Bristol City.

It is a style that is good if you are just an average team with big strong players but is awful to watch.

I'd much prefer us to go back to playing 442 with traditional wingers and getting the ball out wide at every opportunity and breaking with pace. IF you can get that working you will win most matches as we proved 3 seasons ago.

I really do think that I was agreeing with you there or is it a general preset on hobnob to assume someone, anyone, is disagreeing with you? My sentence is meant to follow on directly from the "style of play that [you] prefer to watch".

I've posted my thoughts on this elsewhere but IMO, it is easier in the short term to get promotion from the Championship with a longer, more direct game as it requires less able players and is more consistent once sorted. But if you have the players, or the money, or the patience, then a more controlled passing game will be more successful once you are promoted. Well, until financial inequalities kick in.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Jul 2008 15:31

'traditional wingers' Kebe & Hunt :|

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 23 Jul 2008 15:33

Streets We are going to struggle this season because our chairman is holding us back.

LOL - I'm saving this one.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 23 Jul 2008 15:39

papereyes I really do think that I was agreeing with you there or is it a general preset on hobnob to assume someone, anyone, is disagreeing with you? My sentence is meant to follow on directly from the "style of play that [you] prefer to watch".

I assume everyone is disagreeing with me. It is better that way.........

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 23 Jul 2008 15:52

Noel Noel, Noel Noel,
He scores goals and tackles as well.

BNWA

by BNWA » 23 Jul 2008 15:55

Streets Embarassing is a club finishing just outside Europe, still refusing to spend even £4m in the transfer market the following season and then getting relegated.

Embarassing is getting relegated, pockets full of cash and still refusing to spend the money required to get in the better proven players required.

Yes of course, as with our promotion, you don't always need a team of 'proven' players, but that team was together a long time and had one hell of a fighting spirit.

We are going to struggle this season because our chairman is holding us back.

NoeLOL Hunt. Great.

It's a nice little rant, but how is it relevant to the player in question? He's on the back of a decent season, apparently wants to play with his brother (however much of a LOL that is) and it takes a substantial amount of spin to make this into a shit signing.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 23 Jul 2008 16:35

Wycombe Royal
papereyes I really do think that I was agreeing with you there or is it a general preset on hobnob to assume someone, anyone, is disagreeing with you? My sentence is meant to follow on directly from the "style of play that [you] prefer to watch".

I assume everyone is disagreeing with me. It is better that way.........

No it's not...

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: SPECULATION - Hunt

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Jul 2008 16:42

Noel Hunt "Stephen has spoken a lot about how huge they are."

Was he talking about dolly parton's tits, or reading fc?

Streets

by Streets » 23 Jul 2008 16:57

SpaceCruiser
Streets We are going to struggle this season because our chairman is holding us back.

LOL - I'm saving this one.

Bank it Spacey. Mid-table season coming your way kiddo.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 23 Jul 2008 17:04

Had a quick look at him on youtube, looks like a good player.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 23 Jul 2008 17:13

I am surprisingly excited by this signing.

He has a reasonable scoring record and is a hard worker. Dundee fans are almost all praising him and sad to see him going (if he does). Just because he doesn't carry a huge price tag does not mean he is no good. Look at Doyle and Kitson who we paid 3350K and £78K for respectively.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Jul 2008 17:17

andrew1957 I am surprisingly excited by this signing.

He has a reasonable scoring record and is a hard worker. Dundee fans are almost all praising him and sad to see him going (if he does). Just because he doesn't carry a huge price tag does not mean he is no good. Look at Doyle and Kitson who we paid 3350K and £78K for respectively.

Doyle cost over tree million as well as the points of Guinness

David Kitson what a bargain respectively!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 23 Jul 2008 17:24

Uke
andrew1957 I am surprisingly excited by this signing.

Doyle cost over tree million as well as the points of Guinness

David Kitson what a bargain respectively!

Eh?

429 posts