"I will be delighted if this group of players stays"

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: "I will be delighted if this group of players stays"

by floyd__streete » 31 Jul 2008 13:56

TBM
“We’ll be on standby come what May but I will be delighted if this group of players stays here and starts the campaign. “

These are Coppells words in today's EP - what i dont understand is if he wants to keep these players together then keep them together and simply reject any offers for players....its not as if we need the money :?

Compare to Coppell's words at the end of the last, miserable season - maybe I have been too loyal to some players. They are ok for you now then, yes? :|

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Jul 2008 13:59

floyd__streete
TBM
“We’ll be on standby come what May but I will be delighted if this group of players stays here and starts the campaign. “

These are Coppells words in today's EP - what i dont understand is if he wants to keep these players together then keep them together and simply reject any offers for players....its not as if we need the money :?

Compare to Coppell's words at the end of the last, miserable season - maybe I have been too loyal to some players. They are ok for you now then, yes? :|

Well, we are in a different division now.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 31 Jul 2008 14:03

As a whole the group of players we have is good. If we're still playing some of them even if they put in a dire performance, and there's no competition for places then we'll have been too loyal to some. That's how I see it anyway.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jul 2008 18:38

floyd__streete
Ian Royal Rosenior has made several crucial slips and has a habit of placing his passes into touch or to the opposition from the few bits and bobs I've seen of him.

8)

I didn't say he was shit though Floyd, so don't think I agree with you on him. I just don't think he is necessarily the saviour that many believe him to be.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Jul 2008 19:48

Ian Royal
floyd__streete
Ian Royal Rosenior has made several crucial slips and has a habit of placing his passes into touch or to the opposition from the few bits and bobs I've seen of him.

8)

I didn't say he was shit though Floyd, so don't think I agree with you on him. I just don't think he is necessarily the saviour that many believe him to be.

I don't think many people on here think he is a saviour, if anything he is under-rated.

Let's not forget this is a guy with premiership experience, and it is not long since he was being linked with Man Utd and being touted as the next England RB.

He is a class above the championship, and slipping too much is a nice problem to have as it is easy to rectify, unlike a lack of pace...which is murts' problem.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 01 Aug 2008 07:01

Ian Royal
floyd__streete

8)

Rosenior 2008 > Murty 2008

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Aug 2008 10:43

This slipping myth...

Off the top of my head, Liam slipped against Fulham. That's it. He may have also slipped at an away game I didn't go to. Against Spurs he did not slip, he tried to tackle Keane.

Also remember Murty's slip against Villa which cost us a goal.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Aug 2008 10:56

SCIAG This slipping myth...

Off the top of my head, Liam slipped against Fulham. That's it. He may have also slipped at an away game I didn't go to. Against Spurs he did not slip, he tried to tackle Keane.

newcastle away.

still two slips is no reason to suddenly think hes awful.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 01 Aug 2008 10:57

SCIAG This slipping myth...

It's certainly not a myth. To my the best of my recollection, he definitely slipped at Tottenham, Arsenal, Newcastle and at home to Fulham and Tottenham. And they are just the ones I remember (I've a feeling he might have had a wobble at Boro as well?). It's definitely an issue for him.

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 01 Aug 2008 10:59

IIRC he also slipped at home to Birminham while the scores were 0-0 to give Mcsheffry(?) a glorious chance to put them ahead but he fluffed and put it just wide...but the slip and consequencial opportunity were still there.

I don't mind players mqaking the odd slip but Rosenior seems to slip on a regular basis and either needs new boots or needs to do some serious balance work with the sport scientist

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Aug 2008 12:00

LOl at player slipping over = bad player

its bad studs, thats it

hopefully lesson learned- it aint a technique thing is it FFS

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 01 Aug 2008 12:05

brendywendy Sense

too much of the Team Board Bollox

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Aug 2008 12:11

Handsome Man
brendywendy Sense

too much of the Team Board Bollox

LOL thanks mr man.
you aint too bad yourself.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 Aug 2008 13:17

Lol at anyone who doesn't rate Rosenior, he's full of shit, but he's a decent Prem right back.

Agree with Floyd though, is there anything Coppell said at the end of last season that he actually meant?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Aug 2008 13:34

brendywendy LOl at player slipping over = bad player

Agreed. It's the bad decision making, poor positional sense & woeful crossing which seal the deal.

Leamington Royal

by Leamington Royal » 01 Aug 2008 14:04

Bill Oddie's Beard
rhroyal He's not making do, we genuinely have a good squad. Name me a better Rb than Rosenior in this league, or a better CB than Bikey, or a better left back than Shorey, or a better CM than Matejovsky, or a better LM than S. Hunt. Then Doyle and Lita are on a similar level to the likes of Phillips, Bent and McFadden at Brum, whilst Long could prove himself this season and N. Hunt has a good record in the SPL. Harper was still good last season and appears to be staying, Hahnemann was our player of the season. On the right Kebe has had a great pre-season and James Henry is highly rated, as are other youngsters Jem Karacan and Alex Pearce.

People can moan all they want, the fact of the matter is 22 of the other 23 clubs in this league would swap their squad with ours without thinking about it.

I'm sure there are a number of left midfielders in the division that can actually put a cross in :wink:

Convey?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 01 Aug 2008 14:12

floyd__streete

Agreed. It's the bad decision making, poor positional sense & woeful crossing which seal the deal.

That description narrows things down doesn't it.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Aug 2008 15:00

floyd__streete

disagree-but its a more persuasive argument

Y25

by Y25 » 01 Aug 2008 22:22

if Shorey doesn't go now - he will have to have a great season as no one will be interested in 12 months :lol: