Hunty at Left Back

Y25

Hunty at Left Back

by Y25 » 04 Aug 2008 13:46

I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere but as I'm so concerned about it I thought I'd start a thread

this to me is totally wrong of RFC

I know it was only a friendly the other day but Hunt looked totally out of place and would get skinned all season there - he was ok going forward but it was as good defensively as Tony Rougier

we know Shorey has left RFC mentally and very soon physically and we have shit loads of cash (no big signings, parachute payments, £5.5 for kits, 6+ player wages wiped from books) so why we havent already got a replacement beats me

i'm astonished we haven't done something already - Shorey is far from happy and wants to leave - so we should have sorted this ages ago

not 6 days before the season starts

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: Hunty at Left Back

by Alan Partridge » 04 Aug 2008 13:52

'Stephen Hunt isn't happy with the situation but it would help me out'

Well I'm not too surprised he's unhappy Mr Coppell, you've had over a year to sort this out, and now that we are going to fail (Again) you want Stephen Hunt to play completely out of position so we don't have to bring someone new in. Well lets just say for arguemenets sake this happens, Hunt as expected looks like a fish out of water and totally incapable of playing left back, Convey is in on the left and plays like he did in 05. You finally bring in that replacement and where does that leave Hunt? It leaves him as sub again.

Either, swallow your damn pride and do something about it, bring in someone new, not a relation of another player or someone that knows Kevin Dillon's son but a fresh new player to play left back, or give one of the youngsters are chance, Kelly or Golbourne.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Aug 2008 13:53

Y25 I know it was only a friendly the other day but Hunt looked totally out of place and would get skinned all season there - he was ok going forward but it was as good defensively as Tony Rougier

I can remember Rougier playing right-back under Pardew. We lost an LDV Vans trophy tie 4-1 at Barnet :lol:

Reading Football Club - placing square pegs in round holes since 1871.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 04 Aug 2008 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 04 Aug 2008 13:53

Golbourne is injured, isn't he?

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 04 Aug 2008 13:57

Sarah Star Golbourne is injured, isn't he?

He's also not that great from what I've seen of him.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 04 Aug 2008 13:58

I've posted this on two other threads already, but, whatever - we don't have a left-back. What a ridiculous situation to be in.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 04 Aug 2008 14:00

Bill Oddie's Beard

I have also asked this in other threads - regardless of whether people think he is any good can anyone tell me what his injury is and when is likely to be fit?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Aug 2008 14:01

cmonurz I've posted this on two other threads already, but, whatever - we don't have a left-back. What a ridiculous situation to be in.

well we do, whether we have a decent one in a day or two remains to be seen.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 04 Aug 2008 14:01

Alan Partridge 'Stephen Hunt isn't happy with the situation but it would help me out'

Well I'm not too surprised he's unhappy Mr Coppell, you've had over a year to sort this out, and now that we are going to fail (Again) you want Stephen Hunt to play completely out of position so we don't have to bring someone new in. Well lets just say for arguemenets sake this happens, Hunt as expected looks like a fish out of water and totally incapable of playing left back, Convey is in on the left and plays like he did in 05. You finally bring in that replacement and where does that leave Hunt? It leaves him as sub again.

Either, swallow your damn pride and do something about it, bring in someone new, not a relation of another player or someone that knows Kevin Dillon's son but a fresh new player to play left back, or give one of the youngsters are chance, Kelly or Golbourne.

Bang on squire.

I maybe having a bad Monday, but I am getting a little suspicious of the goings-on at the club.

There is a massive reluctance to invest in the playing staff, and i think it will come back to bite us on the bum if we fail to go back up.

If JM says we are in the brown stuff moneywise after our flirtation with the PL, then we are going to be really in it if and when the parachute dosh disappears !

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 04 Aug 2008 14:03

Archies Volley
Bill Oddie's Beard

I have also asked this in other threads - regardless of whether people think he is any good can anyone tell me what his injury is and when is likely to be fit?

He's got a pelvic injury. No idea how long he'll be out for.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 04 Aug 2008 14:05

Is anyone really that surprised?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 Aug 2008 14:07

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Is anyone really that surprised?

No

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 04 Aug 2008 14:09

Bill Oddie's Beard He's got a pelvic injury. No idea how long he'll be out for.

Thanks - I for one hope it is not too long. I have not seen much of him play but I would rather have a player who knows the position and more importantly the rest of the defenders and our method of play etc (which he must have picked up even if he has spent time out on loan) than an out of position Hunt.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 04 Aug 2008 14:20

Y25 I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere but as I'm so concerned about it I thought I'd start a thread

this to me is totally wrong of RFC

I know it was only a friendly the other day but Hunt looked totally out of place and would get skinned all season there - he was ok going forward but it was as good defensively as Tony Rougier

we know Shorey has left RFC mentally and very soon physically and we have shit loads of cash (no big signings, parachute payments, £5.5 for kits, 6+ player wages wiped from books) so why we havent already got a replacement beats me

i'm astonished we haven't done something already - Shorey is far from happy and wants to leave - so we should have sorted this ages ago

not 6 days before the season starts

Nothing surprises me with this club...it's typical Reading FC.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 04 Aug 2008 14:30

cmonurz I've posted this on two other threads already, but, whatever - we don't have a left-back. What a ridiculous situation to be in.

Names and dates of when we've started a season without a player for every position please ...

:lol:

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 04 Aug 2008 14:34

Y25 I'm so concerned about it I thought I'd start a thread

LOL

Y25

by Y25 » 04 Aug 2008 14:40

I don't think Rougier ever played in defence but whenever he dropped deep he looked more shite than usual and prone to helping the other team score - that was my point

Spend some fcking money Reading

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Aug 2008 14:42

Here's a novel thought. Why don't we actually wait until Shorey is gone and the transfer window closes before we slag off the club for not getting a replacement.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 04 Aug 2008 14:45

Ian Royal Here's a novel thought. Why don't we actually wait until Shorey is gone and the transfer window closes before we slag off the club for not getting a replacement.

OK, but do you think its good business to get a replacement first, for the reasosn I stated before.

Its probably fair to say that if Shorey stays, its not down to him having a change of heart, so is he really going to be up for it ?

If we get a quality LB in now, it will push Shorey, if he slips, we bin him, and bring in the new lad.

Pressure for places and all that.

Just a thought.

Y25

by Y25 » 04 Aug 2008 14:46

Lets hope that doesn't happen

I'm pissed off with RFC before the season has even started

lets hope things improve on the pitch