MOM v NF??

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MOM v NF??

by londinium » 10 Aug 2008 21:06

Focher Convey didnt put 1 single cross in today, anything that came from the left came from Hunt. As for shooting, his best effort was the shot in the 94th minute, which was about 10 yards over the bar.

The only cross Convey put in was a free kick from the right.

Agreed, Convey did absolutely zip today.

Hunt put in any cross of substance today.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Aug 2008 21:06

Focher
loyalroyal4life
Sarah Star As I rememer it (from watching on the telly) I thought Convey did well getting the ball, taking it up the field and his passing/crossing wasn't too bad, but his final touch let him down when going for a goal.

Yes by all means he wasnt amazing but compared to other players he put in a decent shift on the left. I am sure he would be getting more ratings had we scored through doyle and him claiming the assist.

i think you will find Hunt crossed that :roll:

Apologies yeah my bad it was hunty :oops:

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Aug 2008 21:07

Why is everyone having a pop at Convey, i thought he was good today, and will be an important player for us this season.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Aug 2008 21:11

LoyalRoyal22 Why is everyone having a pop at Convey, i thought he was good today, and will be an important player for us this season.

I am in agreement with you. He is getting stick when there were some awful performances out there from the likes of harper and co. I dont think convey will get in though once we finally get a left back and hunt moves up field.

I think if we aint going to spend we should put hunt on the right instead of KEBE

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 10 Aug 2008 21:12

im not having a pop, he was was just total rubbish today, lightweight, and to not put a cross in for a winger means he has not done his job properly. He's a decent player who thrives on confidence, unfortunately he's been injured too much to gain the confidence he had in 2005/2006 season.

Winvey

by Winvey » 10 Aug 2008 22:16

by Focher on 10 Aug 2008 21:12

im not having a pop, he was was just total rubbish today

I disagree, my Reading man of the match would go to Sonko with Convey a close second, granted it wasn't Convey's best game for the club but he did look quite lively

Was impressed with Moussi for Forest

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 10 Aug 2008 23:38

Have to admit, watching the 'highlights' of the match again, I may have muddled Doyle and Convey up from time to time. Sorry.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Aug 2008 09:28

Perhaps yesterdays performance will be a bit of an eye opener to all those that wrote of Sonko after his poor form last season.

There is still away to go for him to regain his best form but he certainly looked like he was getting there yesterday.

I'm a bit worried that Ivar has hit a brick wall and his legs have gone or something. He was excellent for a few seasons, and never really got the plaudits his centre back partner did, but he's a shaddow of his former self.

SteveRoyal Was also shocked to see that Long got a place on the bench ahead of N Hunt and Kelly got a place ahead of Karacan - how did they manage to earn their place on the bench?

Unless i've missed any injuries? :oops:

We were playing with a left winger at left back and with Cisse on the bench to cover the central midfield positions. That explains why Kelly was on the bench as he's a fullback who could've come on if Hunt wasn't working out or needed to be moved further forward.

Karacan could possibly be feel a bit unlucky to be edged out by Cisse though.

Why would Hunt be on the bench above Long, who has proved time and time again that his very adept at coming off the bench and making an impact. A shame that Coppell seemed to forget that yesterday.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Aug 2008 09:43

Hunt MOTM for me. Didn't look out of place at LB and he was the only one to put any quality into the box. Well done to him.

Heart-warming to see Sonko getting close to his eye-popping best in the 2nd half.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 11 Aug 2008 10:16

Royal Rother Hunt MOTM for me. Didn't look out of place at LB and he was the only one to put any quality into the box. Well done to him.

Heart-warming to see Sonko getting close to his eye-popping best in the 2nd half.

yup i would agree with that, with all the speculation on Hunt he was totally committed and apart from Moussi the best player on the pitch.

Sonko, either seen the errors of his ways and wants to show his committment to the club, or he's putting himself in the shopwindow :P

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 11 Aug 2008 10:17

Sonko looks bigger, if that were possible, this season. Although it might just have been the constrast to Earnshaw.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 11 Aug 2008 10:49

He's a bit fatter, that's for sure.

MotM for me was the guy who cooked my burger that I had for lunch.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 11 Aug 2008 12:28

Royal Rother Hunt MOTM for me. Didn't look out of place at LB and he was the only one to put any quality into the box. Well done to him.

If there has ever been such a contrast between the first half performance and the 2nd of a player more erratic than Sonko's Sunday I wouldn't mind seeing it. First half he was an utter joke, looked a complete liability from the first whistle, second half he was supreme in all honesty. I'm not a big Sonko fan at all but he was excellent Sunday (2nd half).

Hunt MOTM? for Reading, yeah why not. Playing out of position I thought he did very well. Maybe it could be his calling? Similar to Hughes I always thought his best games were at RB, Hunt has the attributes to actually be a half decent left back.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Aug 2008 12:32

Alan Partridge Hunt MOTM? for Reading, yeah why not. Playing out of position I thought he did very well. Maybe it could be his calling? Similar to Hughes I always thought his best games were at RB, Hunt has the attributes to actually be a half decent left back.

Are you feeling OK? That's almost optimistic :)

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 11 Aug 2008 12:33

papereyes He's a bit fatter, that's for sure.

MotM for me was the guy who cooked my burger that I had for lunch.

The pasties in the ground tasted cheap :(

Beer wasn't bad though ;)

fridays child

by fridays child » 11 Aug 2008 13:08

USA for me

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 11 Aug 2008 14:20

Sarah Star As I rememer it (from watching on the telly) I thought Convey did well getting the ball, taking it up the field and his passing/crossing wasn't too bad, but his final touch let him down when going for a goal.

Completely agreed.
I thought he'd score right at the end.
Yet it was high, wide, and about as beautiful as the beast.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 11 Aug 2008 14:23

Hoop Blah
SteveRoyal Was also shocked to see that Long got a place on the bench ahead of N Hunt and Kelly got a place ahead of Karacan - how did they manage to earn their place on the bench?

Unless i've missed any injuries? :oops:

We were playing with a left winger at left back and with Cisse on the bench to cover the central midfield positions. That explains why Kelly was on the bench as he's a fullback who could've come on if Hunt wasn't working out or needed to be moved further forward.

Karacan could possibly be feel a bit unlucky to be edged out by Cisse though.

Why would Hunt be on the bench above Long, who has proved time and time again that his very adept at coming off the bench and making an impact. A shame that Coppell seemed to forget that yesterday.

I see your point. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 11 Aug 2008 14:26

Long has not 'proven time and time again' that he can make an impact as a sub. That's seriously stretching things.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Aug 2008 14:27

SteveRoyal

Completely agreed.
I thought he'd score right at the end.
Yet it was high, wide, and about as beautiful as the beast.

Yeah, Convey's shooting was atrocious, but at least he was willing to have a stab at it.