1107 posts
West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jimmy Kebe is a good player, sign in

by West Stand Man » 18 Aug 2008 12:13

papereyes
West Stand Man
Trev
Kebe For Mali. If we chant this at every game he might actually make the national squad.

Errr .. surely he is already in it?

I don't actually think so

Didn't go to the ACON in Jan, that's for sure. Wiki says he has 8 caps but also that he wasn't picked for their last friendly.

Surely the reason he is joining up with the Mali team squad in Paris is because he is part of it - or am I missing something here?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2008 12:15

never let the facts get in the way of a chance to mock a reading player

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 18 Aug 2008 12:17

Avon Royal
cmonurz Our expectation levels are ridiculously low sometimes.

But not quite as low as your IQ.

What a stupid thing to say to what is a fair point.
Kebe,Cisse and Fae were all bought to play in The Premiership so at this level they should be star players.
What was good about Kebe on Saturday was actually seeing a Reading player running at the opposition with pace,something which we have not seen for many years,as Spacey says since the days of Gilkesy,apart from the odd parts of games with Nathan playing.
Much better opponents to come but he has certainly lifted the spirits and shown how exciting a speedy winger can be.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 18 Aug 2008 12:35

brendywendy never let the facts get in the way of a chance to mock a reading player

:|

Point out the ACON games he played in and the recent friendly he played in, please.

If he's on the fringes of the squad, then fair play to him, but he's barely played a handful of games.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2008 12:39

you were saying he wasnt in the squad, and he is.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 18 Aug 2008 12:43

brendywendy you were saying he wasnt in the squad, and he is.

No, I didn't.

What I said was that I didn't think he was, given that he was neither picked for the African cup of nations or their last friendly. If he's just been picked for their next friendly, then fair play to him.

Further to that, I wasn't 'mocking' him and I was using 'facts'. If you could show me where I was mocking him, or using mocking language, then I'd be happy to see that as well.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Aug 2008 12:54

juanpablo
West Stand Man

As your opinion is clearly utter rubbish I'll not bother with taking any notice of it.

a number of classics on this thread but i may as well begin with that one

Kebe is a good player and you are going to see performances like that all season, some of the people on this site need to form an opinion themselves instead of following others

Notable mentions so far

Joe999 - this guy is comedy gold on here “hes absolute oxf*rd”

Alan Patridge “Nah it's ok, you can't help but LOL when Kebe gets the ball. We need a laugh if nothing else this season.”

Fine rain “Why is he wearing a reading shirt? The guy is an absolute joke.”

Chilitspill “A hearty LOL at this thread” hearty indeed

Cmonurz “I am signing in because I do not think Jimmy Kebe is a good player.
Thanks.” Noooo thank you , awww it’s the taking part that counts

Scarface “Where are all the RTG's that thought Kebe was going to be good this season, based on a few good friendly performances ?"
What were you basing your opinion on?

Smokingkills dancing doe “What a terrible player.”

Trev “In answer to the question, Jimmy Kebe is a good player............NOT!" lol see what you did there trev classic mate go on tour

Howser = mocking faces etc

Yes yes its one game but he showed he had the skills…… I think you all realise he is going to be a great player for us this season (at least I hope you do)

1 very good performance so far in his albeit short RFC career and you harp on as if he's Pele!! When he turns up at Doncaster midweek and it's freezing and he plays similarly well come on here and give it the big i am. I am still not convinced that he will consistently be good enough for a team wanting to go up, I remarked elsewhere he is (similar to Seol) one of them players that will vary from the sublime to the ridiculous and very little in between. I think there is evidence to suggest that could well be the case, especially after the first two games.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Aug 2008 13:02

Pretty much Coppell's view their AP - we have to see how he does in the dead of winter but so far so good:

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 61,00.html

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 18 Aug 2008 13:08

Stranded Pretty much Coppell's view their AP - we have to see how he does in the dead of winter but so far so good:

Hadn't seen that, great minds i suppose! :P

I have also remarked elsewhere that he has got something to work with, he isn't a Savage who literally had nothing! Kebe has nimble feet, he is very quick and he's direct. When he plays well like Saturday he is the sort of player I like to watch, an exciting edge of the seat player. At Forest he was wretched I don't care what anyone says. He looked hopelessly out of his depth especially in the 2nd half. At the minute pitches are superb, the opposition was terrible saturday and Kebe to his credit exploited them. He also put in 1 superb cross that we should have scored from, I want to see more of that. True tests for Kebe (and where Seol failed) was when it gets to December and January and we face Burnley away midweek and the likes. When the pitch is crap and the opposition are more intent on stopping you than playing themselves.

I still chuckled when he got it Saturday for the record, it's not mocking, it's just something about him which i can't really explain! Could well be a bit of a cult hero.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 18 Aug 2008 13:09

Alan Partridge
juanpablo
West Stand Man

As your opinion is clearly utter rubbish I'll not bother with taking any notice of it.

a number of classics on this thread but i may as well begin with that one

Kebe is a good player and you are going to see performances like that all season, some of the people on this site need to form an opinion themselves instead of following others

Notable mentions so far

Joe999 - this guy is comedy gold on here “hes absolute oxf*rd”

Alan Patridge “Nah it's ok, you can't help but LOL when Kebe gets the ball. We need a laugh if nothing else this season.”

Fine rain “Why is he wearing a reading shirt? The guy is an absolute joke.”

Chilitspill “A hearty LOL at this thread” hearty indeed

Cmonurz “I am signing in because I do not think Jimmy Kebe is a good player.
Thanks.” Noooo thank you , awww it’s the taking part that counts

Scarface “Where are all the RTG's that thought Kebe was going to be good this season, based on a few good friendly performances ?"
What were you basing your opinion on?

Smokingkills dancing doe “What a terrible player.”

Trev “In answer to the question, Jimmy Kebe is a good player............NOT!" lol see what you did there trev classic mate go on tour

Howser = mocking faces etc

Yes yes its one game but he showed he had the skills…… I think you all realise he is going to be a great player for us this season (at least I hope you do)

1 very good performance so far in his albeit short RFC career and you harp on as if he's Pele!! When he turns up at Doncaster midweek and it's freezing and he plays similarly well come on here and give it the big i am. I am still not convinced that he will consistently be good enough for a team wanting to go up, I remarked elsewhere he is (similar to Seol) one of them players that will vary from the sublime to the ridiculous and very little in between. I think there is evidence to suggest that could well be the case, especially after the first two games.
Hah! He's not "harp[ing] on as if he's Pele", he's quoting a number of people who did the exact opposite, you included. The only rush to judgement is the people who insisted he was shit.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 18 Aug 2008 13:15

On that particular post yes, however if you go through the guy is world class according to juanpablo. We all have our favourites and if he turns out to be a top player then we know who would have told us all first. Personally he's got a long way to go yet.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Aug 2008 13:47

I thought he was a significant part of a much improved team performance and even managed to remind me of Glen Little on a number of occasions :shock:

Whilst this doesn't excuse Coppell releasing Oster and failing to replace him, Kebe should have left no one in any doubt that he does have the skills to do the job required at this level, if not a higher one.

We all felt he was moved in the latter stages so that Kelly could give Rosenoir some protection........................let's hope Kebe can add more of this to his game................but well done nevertheless..

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2008 14:01

papereyes
brendywendy you were saying he wasnt in the squad, and he is.

No, I didn't.

What I said was that I didn't think he was, given that he was neither picked for the African cup of nations or their last friendly. If he's just been picked for their next friendly, then fair play to him.

Further to that, I wasn't 'mocking' him and I was using 'facts'. If you could show me where I was mocking him, or using mocking language, then I'd be happy to see that as well.

bugger all difference between saying "he isnt", or "i dont think he is"

either way he is, and you thought he wasnt

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 18 Aug 2008 14:01

Glen who?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2008 14:03

Stranded Pretty much Coppell's view their AP - we have to see how he does in the dead of winter but so far so good:

im glad coppell isnt getting carried away by one positive display,
nice to see his head still screwed on properly

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 18 Aug 2008 14:04

Woodcote Royal Whilst this doesn't excuse Coppell releasing Oster

Yes it does. In fact, anything and everything excuses Coppell from "releasing" Oster (not that excuses are needed).
Last edited by Man Friday on 18 Aug 2008 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2008 14:05

Alan Partridge On that particular post yes, however if you go through the guy is world class according to juanpablo. We all have our favourites and if he turns out to be a top player then we know who would have told us all first. Personally he's got a long way to go yet.

plenty on here have been saying hes not a proper footballer at all
no better than pub quality-not good enough for league 2 in france etc
and i think his single good performance has already put those morons opinions to bed
though i agree - whether hell prove up to a season long campaign at this level is still to be proven

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Aug 2008 14:09

Man Friday Glen who?

Your comment is very small.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 18 Aug 2008 16:28

Alan Partridge On that particular post yes, however if you go through the guy is world class according to juanpablo. We all have our favourites and if he turns out to be a top player then we know who would have told us all first. Personally he's got a long way to go yet.

wow you get a lot of respect on this site for somebody that completely makes things up, thread title sums my feelings up , he is a good player....

:roll:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 18 Aug 2008 16:37

juanpablo

wow you get a lot of respect on this site for somebody that completely makes things up, thread title sums my feelings up , he is a good player....

:roll:

One decent performance and it's LOLs a plenty at others, This could to and fro on the weekly basis!
:P

1107 posts