944 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Harper to Middlesborough

by Stranded » 18 Aug 2008 17:43

Drew_3
Streets ****************************** PLEASE *******************************

If Harper is sold, we still wont buy Watson, not for £2m. Wake up please!

Some of you are living in a computer game I swear.

Same for Doyle if he goes. It'll be a cheapy replacement and we'll be told Long is ready to step up. F**king frightens the fook outta me!

forget it streets your about the only one living in the real world around here!

Streets lives in a world, the real one it ain't.

Streets

by Streets » 18 Aug 2008 17:58

Stranded
Drew_3
Streets ****************************** PLEASE *******************************

If Harper is sold, we still wont buy Watson, not for £2m. Wake up please!

Some of you are living in a computer game I swear.

Same for Doyle if he goes. It'll be a cheapy replacement and we'll be told Long is ready to step up. F**king frightens the fook outta me!

forget it streets your about the only one living in the real world around here!

Streets lives in a world, the real one it ain't.

Behave.

You really think Madejski will give Coppell £2m for one player? At this level?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Aug 2008 18:04

Well, we spent £1m on Lita at this level last time, it's not unreasonable to think we wouldn't spend more than that this time round. :roll:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 18 Aug 2008 18:09

Streets You really think Madejski will give Coppell £2m for one player? At this level?

It works the other way round - SC or NHa goes to Jm and says I need this player, he will cost whatever..... as far as I know no request for funds has ever been turned down, so I don't see why it would be now.

Streets

by Streets » 18 Aug 2008 18:14

You wouldn't find anyone happier if I was proved wrong. But the way Madejski is banking all this money from player sales, I have little faith in our transfer activity this summer.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 18 Aug 2008 18:54

Streets You wouldn't find anyone happier if I was proved wrong. But the way Madejski is banking all this money from player sales, I have little faith in our transfer activity this summer.
What is that way, Jay? Do tell because you seem to have more knowledge of it than anyone else.

Streets

by Streets » 18 Aug 2008 18:56

Arch
Streets You wouldn't find anyone happier if I was proved wrong. But the way Madejski is banking all this money from player sales, I have little faith in our transfer activity this summer.
What is that way, Jay? Do tell because you seem to have more knowledge of it than anyone else.

Of course. It's called an opinion. HTH

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 18 Aug 2008 19:01

Streets
Arch

There's such a thing as giving reasons for an opinion, but I'm just interested in what sense you think JM is "banking" the money from player sales. You think he's putting it in his own private bank account, is that it?

Streets

by Streets » 18 Aug 2008 19:05

Fair point. He did say of course that it's gone on the stadium and those huge player wages, even though we were told that Coppell had to sell to be able to spend!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Aug 2008 19:10

Arch
Streets
Arch What is that way, Jay? Do tell because you seem to have more knowledge of it than anyone else.

There's such a thing as giving reasons for an opinion, but I'm just interested in what sense you think JM is "banking" the money from player sales. You think he's putting it in his own private bank account, is that it?

Wouldn't bother trying to hold Jay to an opinion - he'll just have another contrary one in a minute.

MattPR

Boro back for Harper

by MattPR » 18 Aug 2008 20:28

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate admits he is still trying to prise James Harper away from Reading.

The former Arsenal midfielder has started the Championship season with Reading, despite interest from Boro and Bolton over the summer.

Boro have seen the likes of Fabio Rochemback, George Boateng and Lee Cattermole depart this summer and with Julio Arca sidelined - Southgate knows he need midfield reinforcements.

Southgate has already seen a couple of bids turned down by Reading - who are standing firm on their valuation of the player, believed to be around £5million.

Boro's previous bids have been under £4million, but reports now claim they have returned with a final £5million offer.

"We've been back a few times because I know he would be good for us," said Southgate.

After unveiling new signing Justin Hoyte before Saturday's opening day win over Totttenham, Southgate will now hope to seal a deal for Harper before the weekend's trip to Liverpool.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Boro back for Harper

by PEARCEY » 18 Aug 2008 20:29

Sorry Matt but this is already being covered in great deal in the Unfounded Rumours/Gossip section.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Aug 2008 20:29

Ken Dodd will be trying to sign him soon.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 18 Aug 2008 20:31

Norfolk Royal Ken Dodd will be trying to sign him soon.

Who Matt or James Harper?..And will he play alongside Michael Murked and William Whooshed?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 18 Aug 2008 20:55

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 77,00.html

Southgate happy

Meanwhile, manager Gareth Southgate insists he is more than happy with his squad and he has not upped his bid for Reading's James Harper.

Southgate and sources at Boro were quoted about Harper over the weekend, but he says he is happy with his players at the moment.

"We've got a small squad but we believe it's a good one, and I want to keep everybody involved this season," said Southgate.

"I was delighted with the attitude and the character we showed for the Spurs game and I want to have a look at a couple of games before making a final decision.

"I'm pleased to have added Justin Hoyte to the squad, but we have no more bids in at the moment and it may stay that way.

"It may leave us a little bit short, but then we have players who have proved they can play in a number of positions. Villa only had a small squad last season and they finished above us in the table.

"I like the idea of everybody having a chance of playing. On the other hand I do not want to leave us exposed, so it's a situation that needs a lot of thought."

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Aug 2008 01:09

rg6royal
LoyalRoyalFan
loyalroyal4life please sell him for £5 mill

ben watson will be better than him, and we can get surman in too

i know wishful thinking!!

I'm sorry i would rather have Harper.

Surman + Watson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harper

Definately!

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 20 Aug 2008 08:32

MattPR Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate admits he is still trying to prise James Harper away from Reading.

The former Arsenal midfielder has started the Championship season with Reading, despite interest from Boro and Bolton over the summer.

Boro have seen the likes of Fabio Rochemback, George Boateng and Lee Cattermole depart this summer and with Julio Arca sidelined - Southgate knows he need midfield reinforcements.

Southgate has already seen a couple of bids turned down by Reading - who are standing firm on their valuation of the player, believed to be around £5million.

Boro's previous bids have been under £4million, but reports now claim they have returned with a final £5million offer.

"We've been back a few times because I know he would be good for us," said Southgate.

After unveiling new signing Justin Hoyte before Saturday's opening day win over Totttenham, Southgate will now hope to seal a deal for Harper before the weekend's trip to Liverpool.

This sounds like a Southgate statement to save face ! In reality he has seen Harper in both games this season and thought, "£6m for that pile of shite- better reverse out of this one"!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Aug 2008 10:32

played a blinder on saturday
midfield was much much improved from the forest display against a midfield 5
what are you on about

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 20 Aug 2008 10:33

sounds more like he would love to have him but can't afford it!

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 20 Aug 2008 11:46

brendywendy played a blinder on saturday
midfield was much much improved from the forest display against a midfield 5
what are you on about

Are you talking about Harper? :? A blinder is a bit of an over exaggeration. I mean, he played two passes and (tried to) tackle someone

944 posts