Our Squad

Wealdstone at home

Our Squad

by Wealdstone at home » 18 Aug 2008 20:21

Pre-season I forgot the massive gap between Prem and Champ.

I forgot how the players we have signed over the past year or so are very good - in fact some of the absolute best on show in the Champ.

Kebe - is there a quicker and more dangerous right winger? (And \i believe there is a lot more to come from him)
Cisse - He will physically intimidate and bully where it's needed - in the middle of the park
Bikey - Again, he will physically intimidate and he's very quick - dangerous at set pieces - and an awesome defender.
Noel Hunt - I believe he will create havoc with pure courage, aggression, pace and desire.
Stephen Hunt - Love him or hate him - his endless enthusiasm, energy and great crosses
Matejovsky - inventive and classy on the ball - with Cisse as his minder in away games
Convey - class, speed touch and intelligence (When fit)
Sonko - at his best - awesome in this league - another great bully
Rosenior - quick, young - wants to learn - he will become an excellent buy over time as Murts is on his way out now

That's not including Kameraman, Lita, Doyle, Harper, Ingimarson, Henry, USA et al

Are there any Champ players who you would pick ahead of any of ours - I don't mean players you'd like in our squad - I mean would you swap one of our players like for like with them?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Our Squad

by rg6royal » 18 Aug 2008 20:24

Wealdstone at home Pre-season I forgot the massive gap between Prem and Champ.

I forgot how the players we have signed over the past year or so are very good - in fact some of the absolute best on show in the Champ.

Kebe - is there a quicker and more dangerous right winger? (And \i believe there is a lot more to come from him)
Cisse - He will physically intimidate and bully where it's needed - in the middle of the park
Bikey - Again, he will physically intimidate and he's very quick - dangerous at set pieces - and an awesome defender.
Noel Hunt - I believe he will create havoc with pure courage, aggression, pace and desire.
Stephen Hunt - Love him or hate him - his endless enthusiasm, energy and great crosses
Matejovsky - inventive and classy on the ball - with Cisse as his minder in away games
Rosenior - quick, young - wants to learn - he will become an excellent buy over time as Murts is on his way out now

That's not including Kameraman, Lita, Doyle, Harper, Ingimarson, Henry, USA et al

Are there any Champ players who you would pick ahead of any of ours - I don't mean players you'd like in our squad - I mean would you swap one of our players like for like with them?

Who the feck is he? :lol:

Wouldn't mind Andrew Surman or Ben Watson in there. But looking at the squad it does look strong.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 18 Aug 2008 20:44

They were saying Convey lacks a little in the premiership but that he can destroy Championship defences on BBC Berkshire during the match

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 18 Aug 2008 20:50

:shock:
(Yes I know he set up both our goals on sat but still :shock: )

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Aug 2008 10:55

Kebe - is there a quicker and more dangerous right winger? (And \i believe there is a lot more to come from him) He's slow, so yes, several. James Henry included. Dangerous- I'll raise you Seb Larsson and Michael Kightley
Bikey - Again, he will physically intimidate and he's very quick - dangerous at set pieces - and an awesome defender. Easily the best defender in the league
Stephen Hunt - Love him or hate him - his endless enthusiasm, energy and great crosses Crossing has certainly improved in the off season
Matejovsky - inventive and classy on the ball - with Cisse as his minder in away games Pure class, best CM in the league
Sonko - at his best - awesome in this league - another great bully Imagine Bikey and Sonko at CB :lol:

I'd take Larsson for Kebe/Henry, Phillips for Lita, McFadden for Convey... see a pattern emerging here? Kightley, Bodde and possibly Whaley are the only non-Brum players I'd consider, and ofc any left back...

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 19 Aug 2008 11:18

Wealdstone at home Kebe - is there a quicker and more dangerous right winger?

On the evidence seen so far...then YES...and you could extend that to League 1 & 2 as well.

Wealdstone at home
them?

As long as we are playing a team of girls

Wealdstone at home Bikey - Again, he will physically intimidate and he's very quick - dangerous at set pieces - and an awesome defender.

Agree...as long as we keep hold of him.

Wealdstone at home Noel Hunt - I believe he will create havoc with pure courage, aggression, pace and desire.
with them?

Possibly..too early to tell at the moment. Don't get your hopes up though as previous signings from the SPL have been gash and so has Coppells recent recrod in the transfer market.

Wealdstone at home Stephen Hunt - Love him or hate him - his endless enthusiasm, energy and great crosses

Not so sure about great crosses...just hope he doesn't stay at left back for the season otherwise he will be wasted.

Wealdstone at home Matejovsky - inventive and classy on the ball - with Cisse as his minder in away games
players like for like with them?

Has scored 1 good goal and did well in a 10 minute cameo against Man Utd. Thus far, if the truth be known, he has controbuted nothing and looks like a liability at the moment. I can.'t see why people rave about him. Yes he might be an international, but he has done nothing for us and needs to improve quickly. He can play like Pele for his national team, but if he is shite for us, then I say get rid.

Wealdstone at home Convey - class, speed touch and intelligence (When fit)

An on form Convey will be a valuable asset to the team. I hope he rediscovers his form and stays fit as he could be a vital player for us this year.

Wealdstone at home Sonko - at his best - awesome in this league - another great bully
them?

Sonko was poor last year, but many forget he didn;t have a pre-season. Lets hope he reutnr to the Sonko of old, although there are question marks about his committment

Wealdstone at home Rosenior - quick, young - wants to learn - he will become an excellent buy over time as Murts is on his way out now

Has shown good signs, He should excel at this level as long as he doesn't fall over too much.

Wealdstone at home That's not including Kameraman, Lita, Doyle, Harper, Ingimarson, Henry, USA et al

Lita - Attitude problems but could score lots if he sorts his head out and stay away from the nightclubs

Doyle - Was not great last year. He might have been found out and his profile will mena he get a lot of attention and is no longer the surprise package he once was.

Harper - Does he really want to be here

Ingimarson - Solid, but on current firm, a player on the decline

Henry - Too young and inexpereinced. He might have done well in the reserves, but this is a different level. People seem to be putting a lot of faith in him...possibly more in hope than anything else.

USA - Still good enough at this level.

Wealdstone at home

I would certaionly take Beattie, Paddy Kenny, and about 3 or 4 of Birmingham Citys players ahead of ours, and if I took the time to look through all the squads in the Championship, then I am sure I would find many more.

Try taking those RTG off

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 19 Aug 2008 11:27

Big Ern previous signings from the SPL have been gash

Well, the last one I remember being any good was Jimmy McIntyre and that was after he was moved to left wing.

Wealdstone at home That's not including Kameraman

Who?

Big Ern Harper - Does he really want to be here

Yes. He has been reported as being happy either way. Although he would prefer to be in the Premiership, I think he's quite happy to try and help Reading get back to the Premiership. If, by the end of this season, we have failed to go up, he'll probably be off.

Big Ern Try taking those RTG off

You try taking off those STG!!!!

Jank

by Jank » 19 Aug 2008 13:32

SpaceCruiser
Big Ern Harper - Does he really want to be here

Yes. He has been reported as being happy either way. Although he would prefer to be in the Premiership, I think he's quite happy to try and help Reading get back to the Premiership. If, by the end of this season, we have failed to go up, he'll probably be off.

Tbh...i would be more than happy to let Harper go as long as we could find a replacement before the end of the transfer window who will provide genuine competition for the first team (rather than somebody that we bring in and leave him out of the squad until the end of the season) and complements Marek.

I think although we didnt get off to a flier against Forest, we still have a strong squad compared to just about every team in the league with the exception of Birmingham who have a lot more quality than us with players such as Mcfadden, Larsson, Phillips and Carsley. We will go straight back up, no question...its just whether we strengthen once we go up because by going on last seasons evidence the current squad is not good enough. And i for one cant see Coppell making the necessary changes once we do go back up.

Jez
Location: playing hide and seek with Lord Lucan and Rudolph Hess

by Jez » 19 Aug 2008 14:30

I'd swap a few

Kightly for Kebe
Ebanks Blake for Doyle
Mcfadden for Convey

Id also love to see us sign Cameron Jerome! always rated him.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 19 Aug 2008 15:02

Jez I'd swap a few

Kightly for Kebe
Ebanks Blake for Doyle
Mcfadden for Convey

Mcfadden would be excellant but for Convey?? I'd swap him for harper, and play him just behind the front two

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Aug 2008 15:43

kwik-silva
Jez I'd swap a few

Kightly for Kebe
Ebanks Blake for Doyle
Mcfadden for Convey

Mcfadden would be excellant but for Convey?? I'd swap him for harper, and play him just behind the front two

Where would you play Marek then?

Ebanks Blake for Lita, shirley?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 19 Aug 2008 15:46

SCIAG
kwik-silva
Jez I'd swap a few

Kightly for Kebe
Ebanks Blake for Doyle
Mcfadden for Convey

Where would you play Marek then?

Ebanks Blake for Lita, shirley?

ummm... good point, have Marek on the right (and Kebe on the left, or keep Convey on the left)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Aug 2008 15:48

Surely it's better to play players in their natural position? Marek behind the strikers, McFadden on the right.

Before you say "Marek can play right wing," he never played right wing for Mlada Boleslav.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 19 Aug 2008 15:54

SCIAG Surely it's better to play players in their natural position? Marek behind the strikers, McFadden on the right.

Before you say "Marek can play right wing," he never played right wing for Mlada Boleslav.

then have Harper playing CM? Or bike?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Aug 2008 15:56

kwik-silva
SCIAG Surely it's better to play players in their natural position? Marek behind the strikers, McFadden on the right.

Has to be someone who can tackle really, so Bikey or Cisse. Um, we've highjacked this a bit, carry on.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 19 Aug 2008 16:08

SCIAG
kwik-silva

Has to be someone who can tackle really, so Bikey or Cisse. Um, we've highjacked this a bit, carry on.

Bikey, so, anyway, yes, we do have a squad capable of bouncing back, and alot of our players will be more comfortable at Championship level

Jez

by Jez » 19 Aug 2008 17:51

lol started something there id play

Kightly Matejovisky Cisse Mcfadden
-----------Ebanks-Blake Lita----------

hutch

by hutch » 19 Aug 2008 18:01

I`d take Kevin Philips like a shot, an absolute class act at this level, what a superb striker to have coming off the bench. you are almost guaranteed a goal when he comes on. CLASS. :D

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 19 Aug 2008 18:09

hutch I`d take Kevin Philips like a shot, an absolute class act at this level, what a superb striker to have coming off the bench. you are almost guaranteed a goal when he comes on. CLASS. :D

'greed

Shame he is getting on though.

Jez

by Jez » 19 Aug 2008 18:20

To be Honest i'd say that Birmingham and Reading's strike forces are similar but id edge towards theres. But the Grass is always greener on the other side.

Phillips
Jerome
Bent
O'Conner
(Mcfaddon)

or

Doyle
Lita
Hunt
Long