Our Squad

Jank

Re: Our Squad

by Jank » 19 Aug 2008 19:04

Jez lol started something there id play

Kightly Matejovisky Cisse Mcfadden
-----------Ebanks-Blake Lita----------

The fact you have Cisse in there is questionable, when you could have Carsley or Bodde.

Other than that it looks good.

royal-arkansas

by royal-arkansas » 19 Aug 2008 20:27

I was very impressed with Rosenior when Kelly came on he gave him guidence and support .. future captain I feel in a season or two .. Great replacement both physically and mentally for Murts

Y25

by Y25 » 19 Aug 2008 21:53

royal-arkansas I was very impressed with Rosenior when Kelly came on he gave him guidence and support .. future captain I feel in a season or two .. Great replacement both physically and mentally for Murts

Thought he looked different class - my MOM

Murty will struggle to play again if Rosenior can keep that form up

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 20 Aug 2008 00:10

Jez To be Honest i'd say that Birmingham and Reading's strike forces are similar but id edge towards theres. But the Grass is always greener on the other side.

Phillips
Jerome
Bent
O'Conner
(Mcfaddon)

or

Doyle
Lita
Hunt
Long

Here we go again.... :roll: 'THEIRS'
P.S. Can anyone on here actually spell.....and yes, it does matter!

Wealdstone at home

by Wealdstone at home » 20 Aug 2008 00:33

McFadden's a poser - I'd have loved to have played against him. One decent goal with a mishit clearance for Scotland (I know they are always desperate for a footballing hero) a squad player for Everton - he will do one or two things this season but I think he'll be off in January if Brum are not certs to go up by then - which I don't think they will be. Convey is quicker and a better team player (When fit of course)

Kebe will be far better than Kightly this season - he's much quicker, much taller and much more awkward - I think if we get behind him as fans and with SCs guidance - he will be a force.

Carsley's probably the only one I may agree with, but why did Moyes let him go? I reckon he might end up injured for half the season

Paddy Kenny is not in the same class as USA - he's a good shot stopper (but USA is better) but is not good on crosses and hesitant off his line.

Noel Hunt will be a handful. He scored 16 goals in SPL last year and not for an Old Firm club. he will be aggressive and persistent. He's played one game, scored, hit the woodwork and yes he missed a few but its the fact hat he's in the right place etc..He'll be a pain in the arse for any Champ defence

Kameraman is Kamcaran or whatever his name is - unfortunately I keep thinking Kameraman - but he looks very promising.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Aug 2008 01:08

Jez To be Honest i'd say that Birmingham and Reading's strike forces are similar but id edge towards theres. But the Grass is always greener on the other side.

Phillips
Jerome
Bent
O'Conner
(Mcfaddon)

or

Doyle
Lita
Hunt
Long

Brums strikeforce is better than ours. they have the best strike force on paper.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 20 Aug 2008 04:06

Wealdstone at home Kameraman is Kamcaran or whatever his name is - unfortunately I keep thinking Kameraman - but he looks very promising.

Jem Karacan ?

I have only seen one English Game Live (Fulham v Bolton Aug 2006) and thought Rosenior stood out. I think he was a great acquisition for us.

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 20 Aug 2008 06:59

too early to truly tell how our squad is.

now, that aside, i think its very promising. if things keep looking as they are i probably wont even be able to complain about hunt (overlooking the fact that he shouldnt be at left back of course). but we cant know for sure how things will turn out until we see some more play. we certainly arent going to run wild like 05-06 but i think weve got a shot at automatic promotion, and definatly should be in for the playoffs. all that could change, however, with a few key injuries here, a player losing form there. we dont have all the best players as the op claims, but weve got a team with a lot of potential. so lets just see how it goes, shall we.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Aug 2008 09:03

loyalroyal4life

Phillips
Jerome
Bent
O'Conner
(Mcfaddon)

or

Doyle
Lita
Hunt
Long

Brums strikeforce is better than ours. they have the best strike force on paper.

The major difference is that theres looks like a balanced attack with players who can all provide something different whereas our 4 offer pretty much the same thing.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Aug 2008 09:22

Mike Hunt
Wealdstone at home Kameraman is Kamcaran or whatever his name is - unfortunately I keep thinking Kameraman - but he looks very promising.

Jem Karacan ?

For the record, despite the spelling, Jem's surname is actually pronounced Karajam
Last edited by Barry the bird boggler on 20 Aug 2008 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 20 Aug 2008 09:22

Wealdstone at home McFadden's a poser - I'd have loved to have played against him. One decent goal with a mishit clearance for Scotland (I know they are always desperate for a footballing hero) a squad player for Everton - he will do one or two things this season but I think he'll be off in January if Brum are not certs to go up by then - which I don't think they will be. Convey is quicker and a better team player (When fit of course)

Kebe will be far better than Kightly this season - he's much quicker, much taller and much more awkward - I think if we get behind him as fans and with SCs guidance - he will be a force.

Carsley's probably the only one I may agree with, but why did Moyes let him go? I reckon he might end up injured for half the season

Paddy Kenny is not in the same class as USA - he's a good shot stopper (but USA is better) but is not good on crosses and hesitant off his line.

Noel Hunt will be a handful. He scored 16 goals in SPL last year and not for an Old Firm club. he will be aggressive and persistent. He's played one game, scored, hit the woodwork and yes he missed a few but its the fact hat he's in the right place etc..He'll be a pain in the arse for any Champ defence

Kameraman is Kamcaran or whatever his name is - unfortunately I keep thinking Kameraman - but he looks very promising.

Being a bit picky I know but

Hunt - he scored 13 goals in the SPL, a few of which were penalties, so make that 10 proper goals
Carsley - his contract had expired and he wanted to return home to the midlands apparently. He actually turned down Moyes offer of a new contract. Last season he played pretty much every game for Everton so his fitness doesn't seem to be in much question

As for Kebe vs Kightly, I think Wolves have the more reliable player who would have a greater impact over a season, but Kebe might well do some very interesting things in flashes. His performance against Plymouth was much much better than I expected, lets just see how long he can keep that kind of form up