Madejski's comments to BBC Radio Berkshire

527 posts
backintheday

Re: "The fans Invest in so what's JM's Excuse???

by backintheday » 23 Aug 2008 23:01

Royal Rother Good grief. The other thread not good enough for you?

It's JM! He can't answer a question with a simple answer either.
Answer to your question, No. :)

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 23 Aug 2008 23:06

backintheday
:evil: "Where's the loot Mr Ego"?? :evil:

I am sure 'creative accounting' in the next published accounts will leave us more perplexed.

I think he is taking all his loans out now while he can as there is no guarantee when he will be in a position to do it again, and afterall it's his money so you can't really blame him.

As a fan it is hard to take and although some will argue he runs a tight ship as far as finances are concerned, he will never invest millions of his own cash paying players wages, and after so many years at the club, we should know that by now. Afterall he said the 3 things wrong with foorball ar "players wages, players wages and players wages". While many clubs are run as the play things of the very rich, Madejski has always seen it like a business and whereas other Chairman look at results first, the first priority with Madejski will always be the balance sheet.

some may argue that out cautious approach will reep it's rewards as the money drys up in football, however with the current trend of successful clubs being ones run by those who are prepared to put their hand in their pocket and fund the club as a hobby,this frugal apprach may never result in the success we fan crave for. To that ends, I think it is time for Madejsi to go, however the underlining problem is there seems to be a lack of very rich RFC supporters out there willing to plough cash into the club so it looks like we are stuck with John 'tighter than a ducks arse' Madejski.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 23 Aug 2008 23:43

Arch
backintheday JM comes out with "The money's all gone"

Source?

His back trouser suit pocket is where it's gone.There was blood pouring from it today because that's where he's bleeding the club dry from. But don't worry his tailor say's he can "cut the cloth accordingly" so he won't look like a "Bloody ARSHOLE"

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 24 Aug 2008 02:30

Tamworth_Royal
Arch
backintheday JM comes out with "The money's all gone"

Source?

His back trouser suit pocket is where it's gone.There was blood pouring from it today because that's where he's bleeding the club dry from. But don't worry his tailor say's he can "cut the cloth accordingly" so he won't look like a "Bloody ARSHOLE"
"Cut the cloth accordingly" is yours to make as free with as you like. Give me an a source for legitimately attributing "the money's all gone".

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Aug 2008 06:36

Try this one Arch, but it only relates to the last 3 years, not this season, for those that care it also states that RFC are repaying millions of pounds of loans.

Which some on here have said has not happened.

http://www.getwokingham.co.uk/sport/foo ... y_signings

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Aug 2008 08:47

John Madejski
“I don’t think we experienced a real sense of doom and gloom,” insisted Madejski.

“The boat has been shaken up a bit which was inevitable, but I just think the attitude in the camp is very positive and has been for weeks with the culmination of Steve Coppell staying at the request of the fans.

“To start the season with an away draw and a win is great. We certainly looked the better side against Plymouth in my opinion and there were some great performances from some of the players.”

The guys just an idiot when it comes to football and understanding football supporters. Comments like this give me NO HOPE at all that that things will change.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 24 Aug 2008 18:07

The 17 Bus Try this one Arch, but it only relates to the last 3 years, not this season, for those that care it also states that RFC are repaying millions of pounds of loans.

Which some on here have said has not happened.

http://www.getwokingham.co.uk/sport/foo ... y_signings

Good one. The very first five words quoted directly: "there is money to spend."

527 posts