Official RFC v Luton Thread

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Official RFC v Luton Thread

by Royalee » 26 Aug 2008 22:03

So the three main youngsters all score in the cup and prove a point - nevermind though because they won't play on Saturday as Coppell knows what's best as he's seen them all in training.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 26 Aug 2008 22:06

Royalee So the three main youngsters all score in the cup and prove a point - nevermind though because they won't play on Saturday as Coppell knows what's best as he's seen them all in training.

I've got a feeling there may be a little change of heart in that department. Doyle won't be dropped unless he's DEFINITELY leaving so I would imagine NHunt will come in for Leroy. Karacan's very much in with a shout given how completely awful Cisse's been.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 26 Aug 2008 22:06

Great result today, but we have to remember who we were paying tonight. Luton sold all of their half decent players and are in leaue 2. Encouraging performances from the likes of Noel hunt, Keracan, and Pearce, but will they be able to reproduce this form in the Championship????

I am not trying to put a dampner on things, but might be wise to manage ones own expectations a bit.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 26 Aug 2008 22:08

juanpablo
papereyes
loyalroyal4life N.Hunt and Lita will be the best partnership to go with.

You are wrong.

As for cup money - a pittance.

what a great post, what would you suggest then?

I emboldened Lita as a hint to what my opinion is. If Doyle is lacking in confidence, then what the hell is Lita lacking? I'd probably start Hunt Doyle and bring Lita on against a tired defence. That's what having a squad is for.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Aug 2008 22:08

Big Ern Great result today, but we have to remember who we were paying tonight. Luton sold all of their half decent players and are in leaue 2. Encouraging performances from the likes of Noel hunt, Keracan, and Pearce, but will they be able to reproduce this form in the Championship????

I am not trying to put a dampner on things, but might be wise to manage ones own expectations a bit.

Big Ern in voice of reason shocker!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Aug 2008 22:09

Big Ern Great result today, but we have to remember who we were paying tonight. Luton sold all of their half decent players and are in leaue 2. Encouraging performances from the likes of Noel hunt, Keracan, and Pearce, but will they be able to reproduce this form in the Championship????

Yes.

It's not that long ago that Luton were haulting our unbeaten record at Championship level - they can't do any worse than Doyle, Harper and Sonko.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 26 Aug 2008 22:09

Here's a revolutionary thought - play them in the Championship and find out???

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 26 Aug 2008 22:11

papereyes I emboldened Lita as a hint to what my opinion is. If Doyle is lacking in confidence, then what the hell is Lita lacking? I'd probably start Hunt Doyle and bring Lita on against a tired defence. That's what having a squad is for.

totally agree, might see Lita come on and really get into them aswell for last 25 or so

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 26 Aug 2008 22:35

Luton were a bunch of dirty fcukers and the ref was completely clueless. Was good to see the youngsters play well though. Noel Hunt looked very good, Mooney looked a bit lost when he came on mind. Nice to see a few goals regardless of how rubbish the opposition was.

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 26 Aug 2008 22:58

Mooney doesnt appear to have a great deal of pace and kept goal hanging. Still I am optimistic ! :wink:

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Aug 2008 23:04

woodley_royal_124 Mooney doesnt appear to have a great deal of pace and kept goal hanging. Still I am optimistic ! :wink:

Tbh we slowed the game down after a while and when we went down to ten men due to kelly's injury we only had one up top.

Elliott

by Elliott » 26 Aug 2008 23:09

Mooney didn't get much of a chance to be fair. He was just expected to pick up a few long balls and didn't really get the service from midfield.

S Hunt and Golbourne linked up well on the left wing with some great overlaps and Pearce was solid at the back. Just a shame we conceded because it really should have been a foul.

But overall, a great performance, I don't think we scored so many goals at the Mad Stad since West Ham on that new years day??

total_biscuit

by total_biscuit » 26 Aug 2008 23:28

My observations:
Golbourne = quality but lacking match fitness
Karacan = diamond (and as hard as)
Henry = not ready to step up yet
Pearce = 'cool' personified

Referee = blind to$$er - missed the attempt to rip Kelly's arm out of its socket & booking Noel Hunt when compared to the agricultural treatment we were getting off Nicholls et al

TB

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 27 Aug 2008 05:59

Terminal Boardom Any likelihood of there being a third Hunt by the name of Michael that we could sign?

Mike Hunt, at your service :lol:

Streets

by Streets » 27 Aug 2008 06:50

Wether any of the younguns get a game at the weekend, probably not, how great was it to see five, was it five, products of our youth academy on the pitch last night at the final whistle?

Now it's been a long time in coming, but we have a few youngsters there and they're all knocking on Coppell's door for a start in the first team! 8)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Aug 2008 08:19

Elliott Mooney didn't get much of a chance to be fair. He was just expected to pick up a few long balls and didn't really get the service from midfield.

In other words he found himself in a similar position to that experienced by the likes of Lita and Doyle on a regular basis!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Aug 2008 19:46

Victor Meldrew Whatever the result tonight please let us keep a perspective-Luton are the bottom club inthe whole of the football league and sold all their best players last season.
This is like playing one of those Swedish sides in pre-season and why I haven't spent another £40 or so just on petrol.
Anything less than a 5-0 would be poor IMHO.

But only courtesy of a 30 point deduction

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Aug 2008 19:58

Stevie G
Terminal Boardom Any likelihood of there being a third Hunt by the name of Michael that we could sign?

Yep, plays US college league.

Not found a C'Hunt yet!

I used to work with a really great bloke by the name of Chris Hunt - why oh why did his parents not THINK FIRST !!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Aug 2008 20:16

Streets Wether any of the younguns get a game at the weekend, probably not, how great was it to see five, was it five, products of our youth academy on the pitch last night at the final whistle?

Now it's been a long time in coming, but we have a few youngsters there and they're all knocking on Coppell's door for a start in the first team! 8)

Henry, Pearce, Karacan, Kelly= ours.
Sigurdsson, Golbourne= not ours.

Sigurdsson played for Bredavik or something. Though tbh he's been in our academy system since he was 16, so we could count him.

I know Karacan played for Fenebache (or was it Galatasary) but he was in our youth system first.