Fans forum

216 posts
Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Fans forum

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2008 08:55

floyd__streete My source at tonights forum informs me of the following revelations which came direct from SC himself:

- We were offered Kevin Phillips.
- We were interested in Ben Watson but Palace refused to do business with us.
- Coppell effectively offered his resignation in February.
- Expect a player to leave over the next day or two.

My source suspects that Lita might be the one to go because when asked about his front two for Saturday Coppell said that it would likely be Long and Doyle. Nick(y) Hammond was not at the forum because he was finalising the aforementioned departure.

1. Proven goalscorer at this level - he'd have been worth a go for one season as Birmingham are finding out.

2. LOL

3. Just goes to show his bottle - why didn't we accept?

4. Hopefully both Sonko and Lita will clear off.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 29 Aug 2008 09:16

floyd__streete My source at tonights forum informs me of the following revelations which came direct from SC himself:

Actually my recollection was that SC said "Palace will not do business with me" which is not the same as with us. Given his long history at Palace it may well be that he knows just what can and can't happen there.

UTDSTEVE

by UTDSTEVE » 29 Aug 2008 09:20

The whole year inn Why would Palace refuse to do business with Reading?

For fear of strengthening a promotion rival? :|

What a load of rubbish! As said on another site its probably code for "they refused to budge from their asking price, and we didn't want to pay that much"

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 29 Aug 2008 09:37

starliaison Actually my recollection was that SC said "Palace will not do business with me" which is not the same as with us. Given his long history at Palace it may well be that he knows just what can and can't happen there.

I find that really surprising. Coppell and Jordan weren’t exactly bosum buddies, but even so, business is business.

when asked about his front two for Saturday Coppell said that it would likely be Long and Doyle

That's left me rather incredulous to say the least.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 29 Aug 2008 09:37

Long and Doyle? Must be a bluff.. expect to see Lita and Hunt...

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 29 Aug 2008 09:38

Yorkshire Royal Long and Doyle? Must be a bluff.. expect to see Lita and Hunt...

Not even Coppell could pick Long on Tuesdays performance ahead of N Hunt, what more does the bloke have to do?!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Aug 2008 09:46

Maybe he's not really playing Doyle and Long up front, but he's lulling Colin into a false sense of security. He'll unleash the Hunt and we'll tonk them. Or something.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 29 Aug 2008 09:46

Alan Partridge
Yorkshire Royal Long and Doyle? Must be a bluff.. expect to see Lita and Hunt...

Not even Coppell could pick Long on Tuesdays performance ahead of N Hunt, what more does the bloke have to do?!!

Coppell will have watched them both in training.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 29 Aug 2008 09:50

Royal Lady Maybe he's not really playing Doyle and Long up front, but he's lulling Colin into a false sense of security. He'll unleash the Hunt and we'll tonk them. Or something.

That was my point.. mind games.. maybe he recognised a Palace spy at the fans forum..

Or maybe he's going just a little bit mental..

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Aug 2008 09:52

I hope he is playing mind games. It's pretty obvious that whatever he says will be posted on here and then other people get to hear of it, inc those at Palace - so he's not going to give away too many secrets 48 hours before a big game. That's what I'm hoping. It could be a double bluff of course, and he actually IS playing Long and Doyle up front, in which case, I despair. :cry:

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 29 Aug 2008 09:53

I think if Doyle and Long start, I really might start supporting Stoke...

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Aug 2008 10:06

I am also told that as many as 8 or 9 players banged on Coppell's door following relegation, demanding a move. "Perhaps I have been too loyal to some of these players" - they showed no loyalty to you did they?

Coppell's reign is now unravelling painfully in front of anyone who cares to open their eyes and see the evidence in front of them. This is a long drawn out goodbye, devoid of any of the dignity you would expect from the man himself. Thanks again to the car park crew for their sterling work in persuading Mr Ponderous to stay :roll:

Streets

by Streets » 29 Aug 2008 10:15

Schards#2

My source suspects that Lita might be the one to go because when asked about his front two for Saturday Coppell said that it would likely be Long and Doyle. Nick(y) Hammond was not at the forum because he was finalising the aforementioned departure.

:shock:

If Long is selected ahead of N Hunt on Saturday, I will give up on Coppell.

Indeed. :|

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2008 10:27

floyd__streete I am also told that as many as 8 or 9 players banged on Coppell's door following relegation, demanding a move. "Perhaps I have been too loyal to some of these players" - they showed no loyalty to you did they?

Coppell's reign is now unravelling painfully in front of anyone who cares to open their eyes and see the evidence in front of them. This is a long drawn out goodbye, devoid of any of the dignity you would expect from the man himself. Thanks again to the car park crew for their sterling work in persuading Mr Ponderous to stay :roll:

Spot on as usual.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2008 10:28

Royal Lady I hope he is playing mind games. It's pretty obvious that whatever he says will be posted on here and then other people get to hear of it, inc those at Palace - so he's not going to give away too many secrets 48 hours before a big game. That's what I'm hoping. It could be a double bluff of course, and he actually IS playing Long and Doyle up front, in which case, I despair. :cry:

Coppell, mind games? LOL - how is he capable of mind games if he can't learn from mistakes which have been going on for twenty years?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 29 Aug 2008 10:29

Streets
Schards#2

:shock:

If Long is selected ahead of N Hunt on Saturday, I will give up on Coppell.

Indeed. :|

But what if Long scores tomorrow, will you forgive Coppell? :roll:

Anyway, I would expect N Hunt to start instead of Long, Hunt was superb on Tuesday night.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 29 Aug 2008 10:31

That Friday Feeling
Alan Partridge

Players can rifle in 100 goals i training, in the games is when it counts. Hunt showed he is streets ahead of Long again on Tuesday and is the only 1 of our 4 strikers to show any glimpse of form, if he doesn't play in favour of Long then he has officially lost the plot.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 29 Aug 2008 10:34

Alan Partridge
That Friday Feeling
Alan Partridge

Players can rifle in 100 goals i training, in the games is when it counts. Hunt showed he is streets ahead of Long again on Tuesday and is the only 1 of our 4 strikers to show any glimpse of form, if he doesn't play in favour of Long then he has officially lost the plot.

I think you missed my point. It's one of Coppell's favourite selection quotes.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 29 Aug 2008 10:35

I know, I wasn't having a pop at you TFF, a pop at Coppell if he is seriously considering playing Long instead of N Hunt. That would be scandolous.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Aug 2008 10:39

SC likes to have an impact player on the bench which is the primary reason why NHunt will retain a spot on the bench rather than gaining a start.

Additionally SC says he needs to play Long as its now time for Long to start delivering.

To my mind it seems odd to start with Doyle and Long and drop Lita considering Doyle has been failing to deliver in the first team for 8 months and Lita only for 3 games.

Anyway, when all is said and done, the problem we have at the moment is we have players at the club who have played in the Premiership and some of those players think they are good enough to play there still. And so they are thinking that some club or other is going to make a move for them. As a result we are going be in a bit of a peculiar state for the next month or so while those players who don't move re-aquaint themselves with reality and get on with the job in hand. If they fail in that then one hopes SC will drop them completely and replace with a mixture of loans and youngsters.

216 posts