who wants him?

Aldershit

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fans forum

by weybridgewanderer » 29 Aug 2008 10:48

That Friday Feeling
Alan Partridge
Yorkshire Royal Long and Doyle? Must be a bluff.. expect to see Lita and Hunt...

Not even Coppell could pick Long on Tuesdays performance ahead of N Hunt, what more does the bloke have to do?!!

Coppell will have watched them both in training.

Since last december Long has not been able to oust a non scoring doyle from the team

Hunt has scored 2 in 2 starts, long has 0

Why would Long be ahead of Hunt in the pecking order? length of service?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 29 Aug 2008 10:49

weybridgewanderer Hunt has scored 2 in 2 starts, long has 0

And not just that, Hunt set up three goals on Tuesday.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Aug 2008 10:51

Thaumagurist*

But let's not forget that both those starts came against teams 2 divisions below us, so that may well count against him a little.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2008 10:52

That Friday Feeling
Alan Partridge
Yorkshire Royal Long and Doyle? Must be a bluff.. expect to see Lita and Hunt...

Not even Coppell could pick Long on Tuesdays performance ahead of N Hunt, what more does the bloke have to do?!!

Coppell will have watched them both in training.

LOL, the excuse always used for Coppell's incompetence when deciding on a team selection.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 29 Aug 2008 10:54

Royalee
That Friday Feeling Coppell will have watched them both in training.

LOL, the excuse always used for Coppell's incompetence when deciding on a team selection.

And you have watched them in training, have you, dickhead?

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 29 Aug 2008 10:54

Barry the bird boggler
Thaumagurist*

But let's not forget that both those starts came against teams 2 divisions below us, so that may well count against him a little.

and lets also not forget that while NHunt scored against both these teams, Long also started and didn't score against either of them

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 29 Aug 2008 10:58

floyd__streete I am also told that as many as 8 or 9 players banged on Coppell's door following relegation, demanding a move. "Perhaps I have been too loyal to some of these players" - they showed no loyalty to you did they?

If that's true, then its madness.

One of the main arguments used on here against changing things was loyalty and 'team spirit'.

Kes

by Kes » 29 Aug 2008 10:58

a win against Palace on Saturday and all will be forgotten by most fans.......

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2008 11:00

Thaumagurist*
Royalee
That Friday Feeling Coppell will have watched them both in training.

And you have watched them in training, have you, dickhead?

Yes, the players who haven't played well in first team action for about a year magically morph into world beaters - James Harper becomes Patrick Vieira once he has his training top on as it's made of special material with special crystals. The goals are also five times as big as real pitches so all the strikers score plenty of goals, especially Lita and Doyle, so you can't blame Coppell for picking them really when they show that sort of form on the training pitch.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 29 Aug 2008 11:00

Kes a win against Palace on Saturday and all will be forgotten by most fans.......

Until the next defeat

chandog

by chandog » 29 Aug 2008 11:01

Kes a win against Palace on Saturday and all will be forgotten by most fans.......

agreed
we will be back to talking about promotion and how great our team is based on the most recent result

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Aug 2008 11:08

Big Ern

Until the next defeat

It's the HobNob way. :wink:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2008 11:27

Thaumagurist*

Stephen's and Henry's, but didn't the others come from Stephen and Henry (x2)?

That doesn't make much sense. I thought Noel only set up his brother's goal and James Henry's. IIRC Stephen set up Noel's and Henry set up Pearce and Karacan's.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 29 Aug 2008 11:34

You don't remember Noel breaking down the right to chase down the ball and cross for Karacan to tap in? It was a superb goal and it was Hunt, not Henry who set up that goal.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 29 Aug 2008 11:36

Royalee Yes, the players who haven't played well in first team action for about a year magically morph into world beaters - James Harper becomes Patrick Vieira once he has his training top on as it's made of special material with special crystals. The goals are also five times as big as real pitches so all the strikers score plenty of goals, especially Lita and Doyle, so you can't blame Coppell for picking them really when they show that sort of form on the training pitch.

You're showing yourself up to be a prize dickhead as ever. I don't know why I bothered to click on your post in the first place.

I'm sure there's more to it than how individuals perform.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2008 11:41

Thaumagurist*
Royalee Yes, the players who haven't played well in first team action for about a year magically morph into world beaters - James Harper becomes Patrick Vieira once he has his training top on as it's made of special material with special crystals. The goals are also five times as big as real pitches so all the strikers score plenty of goals, especially Lita and Doyle, so you can't blame Coppell for picking them really when they show that sort of form on the training pitch.

You're showing yourself up to be a prize dickhead as ever. I don't know why I bothered to click on your post in the first place.

Football's a results business - if every manager turned team selection into a popularity contest then Drogba and Ronaldo would have left their respective clubs ages ago and neither would have made the Champions League Final last season. Football is a business and in business you put differences aside to achieve to best results using the best people - clearly you're too stupid to have learnt this, along with Coppell.

knobby_1871

by knobby_1871 » 29 Aug 2008 11:44

Royalee
Thaumagurist*

Football's a results business - if every manager turned team selection into a popularity contest then Drogba and Ronaldo would have left their respective clubs ages ago and neither would have made the Champions League Final last season. Football is a business and in business you put differences aside to achieve to best results using the best people - clearly you're too stupid to have learnt this, along with Coppell.

Why do u bother Royalee, is there anything about this club you like ? or is this just a massive fishing trip for you ? slagging off our manager / other fans when they disagree with you is not a very intelligent way of discussing things

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2008 11:49

I like the potential of the club and that it is based in my hometown, I like the memories it has given me over the years, I like Bikey, Pearce, Karacan and Matejovsky along with other players, I am pleased our chairman has safeguarded our long term future.

However, I despise the negativity surrounding the club with the current management in charge and the small-club syndrome we seem to have embraced, which is why I can't wait for Coppell to leave so that a new positive era can begin and I can start enjoying my football again.

216 posts