Confirmed - Sonko to Stoke

301 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: More than just a Rumour? Sonko to Stoke

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2008 14:01

woodley_royal_124 Sonko has gone to stoke for 2.5 million .

1. That's what the whole thread is about
2. No he hasn't. Yet. There needs to be confirmation on an OS.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 29 Aug 2008 14:06

woodley_royal_124 Sonko has gone to stoke for 2.5 million .

:lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2008 14:10

It seems the BBC are basing their report purely on this 606 topic, which in turn is likely to be either based on this topic or the same thing as this thread.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 29 Aug 2008 14:29

LOL @ 52 guests viewing the forum. Probably all Stoke fans hoping to see how sorry we are Superman is leaving.

Just for them this needs re-quoting:

Maguire Somebody give Tony Pulis an MBE for his charity work. 8 million for Kitson and Sonko? Stick that in your pipe Pudsey Bear.

Cheerio Sonko. Maybe we can have a footballer playing at centre-half again sometime soon.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 29 Aug 2008 14:56

Hmmm. Still no announcement.. I wonder if he has failed his medical?

I will try and find out...

Stuart

by Stuart » 29 Aug 2008 14:59

The Evening Post are reporting it now at http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2034651_sonko_seals_stoke_switch although not much more than the BBC article

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Aug 2008 15:11

nice one stoke you truly are a club close to my heart now for obvious reasons :D

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Aug 2008 15:12

Setanta and the Chronic are also reporting it as an imminent deal saying it he should finally have agreed terms in the next couple of hours.

So expect BBC Berks and the OS to confirm at some point after 5 or 6 tonight.

Wonder if anyone's bought a new shirt today and put Sonko 31 on the back.... :lol:

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 29 Aug 2008 15:17

The deal has not quite been finalised - I'm not sure if it's because Stoke want more than just Sonko to sign a contract, before a joint announcement about multiple signings. Or there has been a problem with his medical. Or he cannot agree terms. Or maybe Kitson has warned him off at the last minute... Either way, it's not finalised yet.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 29 Aug 2008 15:24

Yorkshire Royal The deal has not quite been finalised - I'm not sure if it's because Stoke want more than just Sonko to sign a contract, before a joint announcement about multiple signings. Or there has been a problem with his medical. Or he cannot agree terms. Or maybe Kitson has warned him off at the last minute... Either way, it's not finalised yet.

That was kind of stating the obvious ... if it had been finalised Stoke would have announced it.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 29 Aug 2008 15:32

Yorkshire Royal The deal has not quite been finalised - I'm not sure if it's because Stoke want more than just Sonko to sign a contract, before a joint announcement about multiple signings. Or there has been a problem with his medical. Or he cannot agree terms. Or maybe Kitson has warned him off at the last minute... Either way, it's not finalised yet.

Perhaps it is waiting for Robbie to finish his medical at our place so we can announce one in one out.

Royal Fleet

by Royal Fleet » 29 Aug 2008 15:44

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 Aug 2008 15:56

premiership_bound

Perhaps it is waiting for Robbie to finish his medical at our place so we can announce one in one out.

Hasn't Robbie gone to Blackburn?

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 29 Aug 2008 15:59

winchester_royal
premiership_bound

Hasn't Robbie gone to Blackburn?

Blackburn boss Paul Ince has revealed the club have yet to agree a deal with Robbie Fowler.

Fowler is reported to have spurned the offer of a pay-as-you-play deal as he looks to secure a longer-term contract.

The 33-year-old striker has been training with Rovers this summer after he left Cardiff.

His former Liverpool and England team-mate, Paul Ince, is now in charge at Ewood Park and had hoped to utilise the veteran forward this season.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 29 Aug 2008 16:01

Royal Waster That was kind of stating the obvious ... if it had been finalised Stoke would have announced it.

Well not really. They can chose to announce what they like, when they like. About an hour ago I tried to find out what was going on, and the deal was not quite finalised - I did not know why though. It seems now it is, as Sky are reported it as a done deal with quotes from his agent. Stoke still haven't announced anything...

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Aug 2008 16:04

Let's hope we pass these players (Sonko & Kitson ) on the way back to the Premiership.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Aug 2008 16:05

Man Friday
Ian Royal My concern is that Charlton barred Sonko had been looking better and certainly better than Ivar.

However you have to laugh at Stoke. He has the ability to be a dominating Championship defender, but in the premiership where his lunges and slightly lacking positional sense can be exploited by more cynical, quick and talented players he is a total liability.

We're strong at centreback providing we don't lose anymore. Hopefully this will help make Coppell see Cisse as a defender and not a midfielder as well.

Good Business IMO. About £8m in upfront in total for only one crucial player lost and that player with a dodgy injury record, is fine by me.

Its irrelevant how much he's sold for - the club won't see the money and it won't be used to buy new players. It will join the £5.5m for Kitson and the £3.5m for Shorey and go towards paying off JM's loan.

Call me stupid, but paying off loans is a way of the club seeing the money. It means we owe less money. Also, just because we've made a load of money on sales doesn't mean we have to immediately spunk it on some high price players.

Maybe, just maybe, a significant pile of transfer fees received is being used to increase the clubs wage ceiling so we don't end up with as much mediocre dross if we get promoted again, or so we can continue to pay top end Chump wages for the forseeable future.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 Aug 2008 16:06

I'm becoming concerned that there has been no confirmation on either OS.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 29 Aug 2008 16:08

winchester_royal I'm becoming concerned that there has been no confirmation on either OS.

Nearly every Reading transfer gets put on the OS at about 5/6pm very rarely before. Always seems to go up on the site just as i leave work! :evil:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 29 Aug 2008 16:09

winchester_royal I'm becoming concerned that there has been no confirmation on either OS.

Concerned?

Are you sitting there with a furrowed brow, nervously rubbing your temples and hitting F5 every 30 seconds on Stoke City's website?

Just relax. All will be revealed shortly.

301 posts