The Championship

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Championship

by TFF » 31 Aug 2008 23:54

Schards#2
ArfnipIsARoyal Harper up to his usual tricks. Bloke presenting it was stood between the two teams coming out and Harps just barges into him on his way past.

TV coverage a bit too instrusive for my liking.

Quite.

Two Kingsleys :shock: ??

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Sep 2008 10:08

hate the appalling program

cant see why itv need to squeeze the entire rest of the league into a single hour, at some ridiculous time in the morning.
barely show anything, just the goals for most teams, no analysis, even of their main match

cant see why this cant be two hours long, or split the championship and the rest of the leagues

im sure if it was higher profile,longer and more quality theyd get very good viewing figures for it

georgerob

by georgerob » 01 Sep 2008 10:29

this is why everyone should subscribe to reading world, you get full highlights on there from everygame :)

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 01 Sep 2008 10:35

brendywendy hate the appalling program

cant see why itv need to squeeze the entire rest of the league into a single hour, at some ridiculous time in the morning.
barely show anything, just the goals for most teams, no analysis, even of their main match

cant see why this cant be two hours long, or split the championship and the rest of the leagues

im sure if it was higher profile,longer and more quality theyd get very good viewing figures for it

And why the hell is their presenter standing at the front of the tunnel in the way of everybody. Good job that Harp's barged him out the way. :roll:

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 01 Sep 2008 10:41

Handsome Man Lots of Reading mentions as they went through the leagues as well - Cox, Robson-Kanu and somebody else. I think the Championship is a good programme - better then anything involving Alan Shearer on MotD.

It looked a good game and we looked excellent - with a normal ref it would have been 6-0 or 7-0

You get decent coverage when you're the featured game, the other games just fly by in a blur. And, although you don't get Mr Charisma-by-pass, you do get Ned Boulting and Peter Drury :|

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 01 Sep 2008 20:28

RoyalBlue
bcubed missed this
Anyone know if it is repeated ?

Me too (can't get used to us being on it!). Sadly I don't think it is repeated. I've looked everywhere and can't find any mention of it. Doesn't even look like you can watch it again on ITV.com, although it does look like you will be able to watch a few seconds coverage of the goals on their website in the next day or so. I suspect the FL want too much extra money if they broadcast the programme more than once!

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/readingvideo/

I Hope this helps people who want to watch highlights and goals over and over again,.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 02 Sep 2008 07:39

meeky_no9
RoyalBlue
bcubed missed this

Me too (can't get used to us being on it!). Sadly I don't think it is repeated.

As far as I know, ITV don't show a repeat of the Championship. Which, IMO, is a bit of a pisstake considering that they have 4 channels and fill one of them up with endless repeats of Jeremy Kyle or Police, Camera, Action :roll:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Sep 2008 07:44

ITV = "not very good at sport". HTH

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 02 Sep 2008 20:17

T.R.O.L.I.
bcubed missed this

As far as I know, ITV don't show a repeat of the Championship. Which, IMO, is a bit of a pisstake considering that they have 4 channels and fill one of them up with endless repeats of Jeremy Kyle or Police, Camera, Action :roll:

They don't I looked it up on the A-Z thing on sky and there wasn't any repeats :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Sep 2008 21:06

meeky_no9
RoyalBlue
bcubed missed this

Me too (can't get used to us being on it!). Sadly I don't think it is repeated. I've looked everywhere and can't find any mention of it. Doesn't even look like you can watch it again on ITV.com, although it does look like you will be able to watch a few seconds coverage of the goals on their website in the next day or so. I suspect the FL want too much extra money if they broadcast the programme more than once!

I Hope this helps people who want to watch highlights and goals over and over again,.

Excellent Job Meeky.

Palace really were awful in defence. Harper very unlucky with the pen and just got sucked too far into the box whilst his man pulled back to run in for the other goal. Unless I've mistaken him for Armstrong.

Good takes from Doyle and his tee up was nice. I hope thats his corner turned. Hunt looked lively and Harper was in the mix at the business end a few times which is nice.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 03 Sep 2008 10:21

Sky+ Series Link. sorted.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Sep 2008 18:51

meeky_no9
RoyalBlue
bcubed missed this

Many thanks for the link meeky.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Sep 2008 19:54

belated thanks from me too
Good work Meeky

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 06 Sep 2008 22:13

No problems mate

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 06 Sep 2008 22:26

virgin media seem to do good highlights tbh...

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 17 Sep 2008 16:12

Does anyone know if the highlights of last night/tonights games are gonna be shown before Sunday?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 17 Sep 2008 16:24

I imagine they will be on Big League Weekend 1 on Sky Sports 3, 5:30pm on Friday