Transfer Deadline Predictions....

198 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Transfer Deadline Predictions....

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Sep 2008 19:59

19.54 Skysports.com understands Joe Ledley is disappointed Cardiff have rejected a bid from Stoke City.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can just see it now, reporters outside ledley's house looking through the window while on the phone to the web team.

" he looks dissapointed lads".

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 01 Sep 2008 19:59

Terminal Boardom
Arch
FiNeRaIn Will be another typical transfer deadline for reading. 1/2 Out for big fee's, f c u k all in as usual.

When was the last transfer deadline that anyone left us for a big fee?

Halford to Sunderland perhaps but probably not. Apart from Halford, who else have we sold in excess of £1m since 1995?

I'm hoping you mean on deadline day.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 01 Sep 2008 19:59

FiNeRaIn 19.54 Skysports.com understands Joe Ledley is disappointed Cardiff have rejected a bid from Stoke City.

I can just see it now, reporters outside ledley's house looking through the window while on the phone to the web team.

" he looks dissapointed lads".

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Sep 2008 20:00

Drew_3
FiNeRaIn
floyd__streete Reading sign Paddy O'Doors from Craggy Island Rovers for 3 Euros, some tarmac and a Guinness fridge magnet.

Wages could be a problem.

Will be another typical transfer deadline for reading. 1/2 Out for big fee's, f c u k all in as usual. " happy with what we've got".
Same old club with no ambition.

i know Roy Keane is stupid but surely he would not pay a big fee for half a player?not sure doyle or hunt would be too happy about it either really! :wink:
If Cappello, Lippi, and Anncellotti (sp) fall for it, then Keane will :wink:
Halford wasn't on deadline day...

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 Sep 2008 20:05

I haven't any issues with any of the 'outs' so far this window. Mostly good business IMHO.

The next few hours will show the extent of our ambition.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 01 Sep 2008 20:08

Rumours from Reading 107 is that we have accepted a player plus cash offer from Blackburn for Leroy Lita. The player is believed to be Paul Gallagher. All but agreed, just awaiting Gallaghers decision on whether he wants to move

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Sep 2008 20:08

That Friday Feeling I haven't any issues with any of the 'outs' so far this window. Mostly good business IMHO.

Yep. Lita could go too without ruffling my feathers. Doyle or Hunt would be depressing. If there's a premium to be paid after the beginning of the season, it should become a king's ransom with only a couple of hours to line up a replacement.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2008 20:14

Arch
That Friday Feeling I haven't any issues with any of the 'outs' so far this window. Mostly good business IMHO.

Yep. Lita could go too without ruffling my feathers. Doyle or Hunt would be depressing. If there's a premium to be paid after the beginning of the season, it should become a king's ransom with only a couple of hours to line up a replacement.

Lita and Ince on the training ground? I would pay a few bob to watch that!

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 01 Sep 2008 20:16

Only Viktor Unnar Illugason loaned out so far

Spudulika

by Spudulika » 01 Sep 2008 20:21

Coppell's Right Footed 11 Rumours from Reading 107 is that we have accepted a player plus cash offer from Blackburn for Leroy Lita. The player is believed to be Paul Gallagher. All but agreed, just awaiting Gallaghers decision on whether he wants to move

That seems strange seeing Gallagher was only just loaned out to Plymouth for a season on Saturday.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2008 20:23

I'm hoping you mean on deadline day.[/quote]

Actually, on any day - not necesarily a deadline day (excluding Kits and Sonks of course).

royal-arkansas

by royal-arkansas » 01 Sep 2008 20:35

I am hateing this .. I don't know what website to look at first .. This feels S***

JS28ZoD

by JS28ZoD » 01 Sep 2008 20:36

Coppell's Right Footed 11 Rumours from Reading 107 is that we have accepted a player plus cash offer from Blackburn for Leroy Lita. The player is believed to be Paul Gallagher. All but agreed, just awaiting Gallaghers decision on whether he wants to move

Yes Please! I've always rated Gallagher.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 01 Sep 2008 20:38

Terminal Boardom I'm hoping you mean on deadline day.

Actually, on any day - not necesarily a deadline day (excluding Kits and Sonks of course).[/quote]

Shorey, Seol...who else have we had thats been worth a big fee?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Sep 2008 20:43

Southbank Old Boy
Terminal Boardom
I'm hoping you mean on deadline day.

Actually, on any day - not necesarily a deadline day (excluding Kits and Sonks of course).

Shorey, Seol...who else have we had thats been worth a big fee?

It's entirely beside the point. It was claimed that a "typical" transfer deadline for Reading involved shipping out one or two players for big fees and bringing no one in. That's not true whether it means deadline day or the whole window. This is the first window we've brought in more in fees than we've spent since the invention of the transfer window.

bootboy

by bootboy » 01 Sep 2008 20:45

Spudulika

That seems strange seeing Gallagher was only just loaned out to Plymouth for a season on Saturday.

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ ... 95,00.html

Yep, he was. Here's the link

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2008 20:49

It's entirely beside the point. It was claimed that a "typical" transfer deadline for Reading involved shipping out one or two players for big fees and bringing no one in. That's not true whether it means deadline day or the whole window. This is the first window we've brought in more in fees than we've spent since the invention of the transfer window.[/quote]

I agree entirely with your point. I started thinking about any big fees received. This is probably only the second time in my lifetime that we have actually had players that have attracted attention from the top flight.

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 01 Sep 2008 20:50

I can't stand this I'm going to lay down in a darkened room

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Sep 2008 20:51

Terminal Boardom It's entirely beside the point. It was claimed that a "typical" transfer deadline for Reading involved shipping out one or two players for big fees and bringing no one in. That's not true whether it means deadline day or the whole window. This is the first window we've brought in more in fees than we've spent since the invention of the transfer window.

I agree entirely with your point. I started thinking about any big fees received. This is probably only the second time in my lifetime that we have actually had players that have attracted attention from the top flight.[/quote]
Understood.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 01 Sep 2008 20:55

I was just answering the question as set

If that doesn't relate to the point then thats hardly my fault is it :shock:

198 posts