Laura Norder
Location: my loaction is seccret but it is near wallingford ha ha

Re: Relief as the window closes and the clouds clear

by Laura Norder » 02 Sep 2008 17:16

are sqaud is fine and we are gon up this saseson for sore

North Somerset Royal

Re: I have always been a sceptic

by North Somerset Royal » 02 Sep 2008 17:29

ankeny But after a nail biting Monday evening I can now see that our club is safe in Coppells hands.He could have blinked at the Hunt offer and give in but he didnt.He said their were no new Doyle offers for the last few weeks and some of us did not believe him but it turned out to be true.Now the pressure is off the players I think we can look foreward to a fruitful new season.All the best Ankeny

According to the OS there was no Hunt offer. Ifthere had been SC would probably have sold him.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Sep 2008 17:31

of course :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Sep 2008 17:33

hi laura!

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 02 Sep 2008 17:59

I got mugged off by one of my mates last night. I was out, but he text me saying that we'd sold Hunt and Doyle to Everton for £12 mill, with Phil Neville going to Reading! :lol:

Streets

by Streets » 02 Sep 2008 18:08

Bob the Builder
Schards#2 Some good prices obtained for players but the fact that we spent only about 10% of the money we received demonstrates the loss of ambition at this club.

Rubbish, people need to be a bit more realistic on here. We have a very very good squad for this division and we have cover in every position.

Yeah but, can he fix it?

[raises hand to ear]

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Sep 2008 18:13

YES HE CAN!!!

:lol:

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 02 Sep 2008 18:17

Barry the bird boggler
The Rouge YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Happy with keeping Hunt and Doyle. Promotion is a real possibility.
Come on Reading!

Until the next game.....

To be fair, I don't tend to ever make snap judgments based on one game...

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Sep 2008 18:31

Feel the transfer window could have been a lot worse in the end...happy the squad we have can now make a serious challenge for promotion.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 02 Sep 2008 20:12

North Somerset Royal
ankeny But after a nail biting Monday evening I can now see that our club is safe in Coppells hands.He could have blinked at the Hunt offer and give in but he didnt.He said their were no new Doyle offers for the last few weeks and some of us did not believe him but it turned out to be true.Now the pressure is off the players I think we can look foreward to a fruitful new season.All the best Ankeny

According to the OS there was no Hunt offer. Ifthere had been SC would probably have sold him.

At what price is this fabled offer, because he turned down all earlier offers :?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2008 20:18

It's been our best transfer window for a few years. We've held on to our three key players on deadline day and made sensible purchases for reasonable money whilst moving on those who no longer want to be here for very good money. I think the squad is evolving well. It's a new challenge to get back up and I think we've made a very promising start.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Sep 2008 21:27

From Despair To Where? It's been our best transfer window for a few years. We've held on to our three key players on deadline day and made sensible purchases for reasonable money whilst moving on those who no longer want to be here for very good money. I think the squad is evolving well. It's a new challenge to get back up and I think we've made a very promising start.

I am feeling positive again, which is nice.

Let's hope we keep the momentum up as we definitely have a good squad for this level...

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 02 Sep 2008 21:41

PEARCEY Feel the transfer window could have been a lot worse in the end...happy the squad we have can now make a serious challenge for promotion.

Any of us would have taken this at the begining of the summer. We've kept a strong spine, Little and SOnko aren't big loses with Little's injury record and our depth at centre half. The midfield looks stronger with the emergence of Karacan and Kebe. We'll miss Kitson and I worry if any of our strikers can form a partnership and maybe we could have spent more on a striker of proven quality, but N Hunt has shown promise and Lita SHOULD be scoring goals at this level.

Keeping hold of DOyle is a massive plus for us, he's too good for the Championship and with the window now shut hopefully the goals will keep coming.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Sep 2008 23:39

PEARCEY Feel the transfer window could have been a lot worse in the end...happy the squad we have can now make a serious challenge for promotion.

Any of us would have taken this at the begining of the summer. We've kept a strong spine, Little and SOnko aren't big loses with Little's injury record and our depth at centre half. The midfield looks stronger with the emergence of Karacan and Kebe. We'll miss Kitson and I worry if any of our strikers can form a partnership and maybe we could have spent more on a striker of proven quality, but N Hunt has shown promise and Lita SHOULD be scoring goals at this level.

Keeping hold of DOyle is a massive plus for us, he's too good for the Championship and with the window now shut hopefully the goals will keep coming.

Yes I agree but when you hear Hunt and Doyle tonight its very clear they dont want to hang around. I can see Doyle staying throughout the season if we are in with a chance of promotion but Hunt has given Everton a very big green light. I expect him to go in January and good riddance. He should be keeping his mouth shut after all the dressing room problems last season.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Sep 2008 11:18

PEARCEY

Yes I agree but when you hear Hunt and Doyle tonight its very clear they dont want to hang around. I can see Doyle staying throughout the season if we are in with a chance of promotion but Hunt has given Everton a very big green light. I expect him to go in January and good riddance. He should be keeping his mouth shut after all the dressing room problems last season.

The point is that none of those who have attracted interest from the Premiership want to hang around. The crucial part is whether wanting to be elsewhere affects what they contribute to us whilst they remain here.

I do think people are making far too much of Hunt's interview. He's away on international duty and given the speculation of the Everton bid was asked by the Irish press of his feelings. He might have been wise to say nothing of course but i genuinely don't see the harm in someone actually telling it how it is rather than hiding behind a load of mumbo jumbo when everyone knows he'd rather be playing in a higher league for better money.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Sep 2008 12:12

4 months is a long time for businesses in a recession hit economy, so it is quite possible that Everton just won't be able to come up with £5m.

I guess we have to hope that none of Man City's newly found billions filters down to Everton in January.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 03 Sep 2008 12:16

Royal Rother 4 months is a long time for businesses in a recession hit economy, so it is quite possible that Everton just won't be able to come up with £5m.

I guess we have to hope that none of Man City's newly found billions filters down to Everton in January.

Definitely not after they stumped up £15 million for the player they signed before the deadline. Even then, they could only afford that after AJ went to Fulham first

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Sep 2008 12:32

Maybe Man City will sign Hunt themselves to play alongside Ronaldo, Robinho, Torres and Kaka.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 03 Sep 2008 18:51

Laura Norder are sqaud is fine and we are gon up this saseson for sore

we are gon up
we-are-gon-up!
we are gon up
we-are-gon-up!

I am with Laura! I am even willing to get sore screaming for the Royals.

145 posts