Hunt dissapointed

260 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Hunt dissapointed

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Sep 2008 00:14

bottom line is he should know what a release clause is and what it means. If a club had met it then i am sure he would not be with us. Why the hell does he expect the club to let him go for less than the £5mill release clause when they have wasted £20,000 a week for at least 30 weeks last season when he was playing shit!

compare his comments to Doyle and we can see who the real professional is out the 2

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11673_4087128,00.html

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Sep 2008 00:33

loyalroyal4life compare his comments to Doyle and we can see who the real professional is out the 2

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11673_4087128,00.html

They both sound like spoilt kids. Judge them by their actions on the pitch in the coming months, not their weasel words now.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 03 Sep 2008 00:41

Exactly. Despite any dip in form from the two at least they know that the only way to garner the interest and get any asking price met is to play convincingly and deliver the goods on the pitch. IF Doyle and Hunt go after good service to the club this season then so be it. The club will benefit from success on the pitch and in the next transfer window. Players do not have to sign a contract in blood, and if anyone here had a chance to further their career for selfish reasons, i am sure they would all take the chance. Football has long got away from local polayers playing in their local team, and contracts are not always leagally binding.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Sep 2008 00:50

A fuller account:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=sport-qqqm=sport-qqqa=sport-qqqid=71365-qqqx=1.asp

Angry Hunt goes on warpath

ANGRY. Wounded. Disappointed. Stephen Hunt doesn’t make any attempt to hide his feelings about Reading’s refusal to sell him to Everton before the transfer deadline passed.

“It was a big club and it was disappointing that Reading could not have helped me out a little bit to benefit my career,” he said yesterday in Dublin, shortly after he had trained with the Irish squad.

“For what I have done for them, it would have been nice. I spoke to the manager, to the director of football, and the coaches in terms of leaving. I respect the manager and know where he is coming from. But I am still disappointed.

“I have not been a bad apple over the last two or three years. I could have been but I was ultra-professional and I probably deserved a little bit better.”

While Steve Coppell admits that he had a conversation with Everton manager David Moyes at the weekend, the Reading boss yesterday denied that there had been a £3.5 million (€4.3m) bid tabled for the Irish international.

Coppell told the club website: “I read on Sky we were supposed to have turned down a £3.5m bid for Stephen Hunt but that was not the case. I spoke with David Moyes, I think it was Sunday, and he was just making a call regarding a number of players and asking the situation. I explained the situation and never heard from him again. Nobody at this club heard from anyone else at Everton so that was incorrect and just part of a media frenzy.”

But that clearly wasn’t Hunt’s understanding of the situation.

“From what I was told, Reading would have got a good figure with the rest to follow over a certain period of time,” he said. “They would have got £5m (€6.1m) within the year but they did not want to budge. There were other clubs as well but you cannot say anything until they bid £5m. That’s in my contract that had to be paid straight up front to allow me to go. Most of it (the Everton offer) would have been up front with only a little bit left. Maybe if I had not played well in the last few weeks, I would have got my move (laughs). But the club got me for free and it would have been nice to be rewarded.”

Hunt will now have to wait until the January transfer window for another chance, if there is to be one, to move back up to the Premiership. But, ironically, he maintains that this current setback will only cause him to redouble his efforts in the blue and white hoops.

“I’m ready for the next four months and I’ll put my head down and work hard,” he promised. “If someone pays the money that furthers my career, then all the better. I know what I want from football and I’m back in the zone where I am angry and disappointed. And that may benefit Reading.”

When it was put to Hunt that the ‘good boy’ tag may have hurt both himself and Kevin Doyle – in so far as neither attempted to rock the Reading boat — he didn’t demur.

“That’s pretty much true and Kevin has acted the same way as me,” he said. “We have been professional, and we had this conversation with other players today, saying that had they been bad apples then they would have got out. A bit like Berbatov, even though it’s a different scale. But it’s our careers as well. And now I will refocus my career.”

So, all in all not a great start to a big international week?

“Well, I went straight to the gym when I got here to relieve a bit of tension,” he laughed grimly, adding, “although there was no punch bag. But, yeah, I suppose you can say that I’m a little bit wounded and disappointed. Then again, if a club wanted me that badly they would have paid the £5m, so I must not have been doing that good. But, at the same time, I have done myself justice in the Premier League before and that’s where I am determined to get back to – with Reading or without Reading.”

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Sep 2008 01:06

I'm starting to lose all respect for him.

After the loyalty that Coppell has shown him.....he has a bloody nerve.

Hard luck Stephen, I know it will be really hard for you earning 15k a weak.....tw@t.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 03 Sep 2008 01:18

Wow, this makes Shorey--gate look like a storm in a tea cup.

Still LOL @ Coppell...'We never received any bids'.. :shock:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Sep 2008 01:23

Denver Royal Wow, this makes Shorey--gate look like a storm in a tea cup.

Still LOL @ Coppell...'We never received any bids'.. :shock:

it makes him look like such a mug, maybe hammond has decided to bypass him in any transfer deals

bowmans tash

by bowmans tash » 03 Sep 2008 01:32

I am sick of these overpaid bloody footballers coming out with this "It's a short career, so i want to move onto the next club". I feel that we need to reintrooduce the capping of wages and make these people understand that careers don't stop at 35. If i remember rightly, the retirement age is 65 at present, so i'm starting to get a bit hacked off every time i hear this. Maybe these people should come a do proper jobs, where doctors, nurses, fireman, etc are saving lives or making a valuable contribution to the standard of living for everyone. Some might say that footballers impact on society, yeah some may hate losing, but most of them seem to take it very well when you see them at the end of the game. I wonder what this world would be like if everyone had them same mentality of getting as much money as possible by 35 and then buggering off and living it up.
If Hunt feels his career has been hindered, maybe he should come and do a couple of shifts in my hospital, where cleaning up shit and sick, whilst being critised by the media at how bad we do our jobs, is part of my everyday life. If he needs the extra money that badly, NHS professionals are always on the lookout for health care assistants, earning £8-9 an hour.
I blame bloody Jimmy Hill

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 03 Sep 2008 02:33

But as with all professions - it's a case of bloody hard work, bad conditions and low pay. This is something that is governed by our employers. Very few of us are lucky to be in a job we profess to be 100% happy in working in.
In football, or any entertainment industry, it's supply and demand that often govern wages. Weekly wages in some cases are completely off the scale. This drives the have and have nots to drive a wedge between players in the same team, and natually between clubs in the same division. This is bearing fruition and in the particular instance of the prem, provides the three tiered structure that clubs are well aware of. £130K a week is not sustainable, but sadly with the likes of international television coverage, and competition for televised rights this enables clubs to set players wages. Supporters investment into clubs and the players fame game in some instances turns certain players into publicity seeking sponsorship clotheshorses. This is a minority few, and yes, certainly players put back into a community, as do clubs, but this is another world. It would be certainly a refreshing breath of fresh air to have more players like Murts who have nailed their flag to the mast with RFC. Again longevity within a club is based on profit ratio, player attitude, advertising rights, commitment to the club, and sales units shifted (Ronaldo and Beckham) being good examples. It's all a heady mix which evokes the polarity of opinion shown here.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 03 Sep 2008 03:24

winchester_royal I'm starting to lose all respect for him.

Hard luck Stephen, I know it will be really hard for you earning 15k a weak.....tw@t.

Yeah, what an idiot! He wants to move to a bigger club to further his career - huge twat ay?

Get real people. If people offered you a higher position in your current job with more money then you're gonna take it.

Like he says, he could have rocked the boat by declaring he wanted to leave but he's kept his nut down and put in some good performances - even at left back.

Good luck to you stephen, you deserve a move m8ey.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 03 Sep 2008 04:04

rfcjoe
winchester_royal I'm starting to lose all respect for him.

Yeah, what an idiot! He wants to move to a bigger club to further his career - huge twat ay?

Get real people. If people offered you a higher position in your current job with more money then you're gonna take it.

Like he says, he could have rocked the boat by declaring he wanted to leave but he's kept his nut down and put in some good performances - even at left back.

Good luck to you stephen, you deserve a move m8ey.

while i agree mostly,if it wasnt for us im pretty confident he would be in league1 at best now! We made Hunt and he owes us 1 season to try and get back up imo

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Sep 2008 04:31

Will all the Madejski booers be willing to boo Hunt, the whining little tit. What an utter load of bollocks, as though the club owes him a damn thing other than to fulfil the terms of his contract. The message could not be louder or clearer. Find someone else, someone younger and hungrier without the big dollar signs in their eyes. How the fock many times does Hunt think he'll get to play at Everton before they figure out he's a talentless pikey.

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 03 Sep 2008 07:28

It's just funny how he suddenly wants to join a 'bigger' club to further his career...fair enough, I can understand that...just odd how last year when we were Premier League he was happy to sign a contract extension (with possibly the worst kept get out clause in history...hasn't he/his agent done a fantastic job of letting that one 'slip' out!)

Personally I like Hunty, I like the fact that he works hard and will give his all in the games that he plays, but I just don't understand comments like 'If I had rocked the boat I could have been gone...but I've been professional etc'...(yes I no they are not exact comments)...sorry Hunty, but your paid a good wage to be here and I would expect you to be professional! I would suggest that he is his own man and not taken in by others tactics to get there moves.

Think that maybe he should look at himself today after reading that article and remember that 3 years ago he was on the verge of joining Bradford City and probably spending the rest of his career with less experienced managers running out in front of 5000 crowds. Instead he is now an established Irish international with a nice weekly wage...and lets face it...would he be half as noticed if he hadn' been involved in the incident with Cech? I don't think so!

Hunty...remember that time and how the club protected you rather than sending you out to the Premier League hungry press? But I guess that you deserved that as well as it's the clubs job to protect you.

Y25

by Y25 » 03 Sep 2008 07:42

I hope he can carry on the way he has started the season

If he plays out of his skin til January and they come back i'd open the door for him

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Sep 2008 08:09

Y25 I hope he can carry on the way he has started the season

If he plays out of his skin til January and they come back i'd open the door for him

'greed

As long as he is fully committed on the pitch as he has been then I won't have any complaints. Won't be happy if he goes for anything under £3m though...

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 03 Sep 2008 08:16

football is pretty shit these days isnt it :(

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Sep 2008 08:24

royalexile Exactly. Despite any dip in form from the two at least they know that the only way to garner the interest and get any asking price met is to play convincingly and deliver the goods on the pitch. IF Doyle and Hunt go after good service to the club this season then so be it. The club will benefit from success on the pitch and in the next transfer window. Players do not have to sign a contract in blood, and if anyone here had a chance to further their career for selfish reasons, i am sure they would all take the chance. Football has long got away from local polayers playing in their local team, and contracts are not always leagally binding.

They may not have to sign contracts in blood but they do sign them of their own free will, having received very good professional advice. Why the hell then should they have the right to ask for a contract to be abided by when it suits them but just ignore it when it doesn't.

'Contracts not always legally binding'?!! In what circumstances? I think you will find that a contract drawn up within the laws of this land and freely entered into is always legally binding. Certain restrictive covenants may not be binding (because they are deemed not to fall within the law of this land in terms of their application) but lawyers nowadays take great care to ensure that even if such provisions are struck out, the rest of the contract stands.

As for the the 'anyone here had a chance to further their career line'. Please step forward anyone on here who has the luxury of a fixed term contract for a year or more paying in excess of £10K a week!! You are just not comparing like with like. And if you are the type who would walk away from your employer without serving your notice, then please stay away from where I work!

The only part that I have sympathy with Hunt on is where he suggests that had he been a bad apple/disruptive he would have been allowed to leave. In not being seen to take a firm line against such disruptive players, Coppell and co have made a potentially very large rod for their own backs.

Just like dealing with kids, giving in to bad behaviour and letting them have their own way is not a wise move in terms of both their future behaviour and that of their peers!

Finally, 'got me for free and it would have been nice to have been rewarded'. Oh, I take it all back Mr Hunt, I just hadn't realised that you've spent all your time at Reading Football Club playing solely for the love of the game and absolutely no financial reward whatsoever! :twisted:

Watch out mate, the words in your song can be very easily changed to be more in line with what Chelski fans think of you - although the Mad Stad stewards would have a field day slinging us out for singing it!

Arch Will all the Madejski booers be willing to boo Hunt, the whining little tit.

Yeh, more than happy if he also fails to deliver on his words i.e. still give his all to the club!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 Sep 2008 08:35

being a bad apple would have made no difference, our and his valuatuion was never offered, therefore he stays, for Sonks and Kitson our valuation was met and they left.

The only thing Hunt should be disappointed in is that no one thought he was worth £5m, and that will be because he did not play that well after Jan last season, and among others was one of the reasons we went down.

I cannot see why big clubs seem to want players that have been proven to fail, we are not talking about any of players that left being in the Upson mould at Brum.

The clubs all moan about how hard it is to compete in the Prem and how much it costs, perhaps if more had faith in the players that got them there they might find it different.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Sep 2008 08:35

LOL @ this thread.

Player misses out on what he thinks was a possible a move to a top club ( although given the option between what he is led to believe happened by his agent next to what Coppell says actually happened i know which version i'd be inclined to believe) and expresses his disappointment. Big deal. I doubt theres a single player at the club who wouldn't feel the same way in the same instance. He's just being more up front about than most.

Lets just see what he does on the pitch before unduly hammering him. Sadly its just the way with the modern Premiership player and is why i'm extremely glad that as a football club we've gone a far as we can not to further feed the ridiculous situation in the modern game.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 03 Sep 2008 08:42

Personally If I was Coppell I would fine Hunt a months wages (That must be £60k) and then make him play in the reserves until January.

WTF does he think he is coming out with comments like that at this stage of the season.

Whilst I can see the point about him playing out of his skin between now and January so ge can b@@ger off then, and we may get a benefit, the whole ethos of the club is a team spirit and not about overpaid egos.

We will never buy our way back in the Prem (and we certainly didn't buy a way to stay there) so its all about creating a 'TEAM' and unfortunately what Hunt has just done is not in that spirit.

260 posts