Ipswich v Reading - Match thread

232 posts
chandog

Re: Ipswich v Reading - Match thread

by chandog » 13 Sep 2008 17:06

semtex1871
winchester_royal
semtex1871 OMG - Coppell has just hinted at his resignation on Sky Sports!!!

we can only dream!!

Grow up.

good come back - how can you possibly have an insight to my level of maturity.......I take it you were one of the knobs in the car park then!!!!

i take it that you were n't

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Sep 2008 17:07

Chaney are you watching the car park crew?..what a load of total knobs!!!
We wanted Coppell to stay as we thought he was the very best person to get us back into the Prem. We didn't foresee that we'd sell our best players and spend a couple of hundred grand on a 3rd choice left back who gets subbed in his second game. :roll:

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 13 Sep 2008 17:08

chandog
Royal Lady What possible evidence has been shown that would make anyone of sound mind think that we had a chance of promotion this season??

the fact that we were in the prem last season
and we won the championship last time we were in it
unfortunately the past counts for nothing

When we were promoted was the work of a bunch of commited individuals and some almost miraculous work from Coppell, this is our level at the moment and I think that the level has been raised from the last time we were in this division. Before I think we were a mid table team, now I think that we are a top half team, progress is slow and a super duper team doeasn´t appear overnight.

chandog

by chandog » 13 Sep 2008 17:09

Royal Lady
We wanted Coppell to stay as we thought he was the very best person to get us back into the Prem. We didn't foresee that we'd sell our best players and spend a couple of hundred grand on a 3rd choice left back who gets subbed in his second game. :roll:

also if coppell went madejski would get in the cheapest possible replacement for him - in the same way we replace players who are sold

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Sep 2008 17:10

LOL @ everyone writing off our chances after 6 games. We are currently 7th, and have had 3 tricky away games.

We still have Marek to come back.....things are not as bad as some of the cocks on here make out.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 13 Sep 2008 17:11

I just think Coppell needs to start taking the blame for the mistakes. If he is not getting the backing of the board, then he needs to have the balls to come out and say it like Keegan has....why would any manager want to continue if he wasn't getting backed. I can't help but feel that Coppell has had his best time here - we need some new direction.
Last edited by semtex1871 on 13 Sep 2008 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Sep 2008 17:11

Ok come on people. Let's give the team a little more time.

We have a game on Tuesday to make up for the dross on show today.

Coppell will make changes. If we fail to win that one then the negativity would be more warranted...

What we need is to stamp our authority on the game. We need to believe we can win away. At the moment I'm not sure where that confidence will come from...

chandog

by chandog » 13 Sep 2008 17:13

winchester_royal LOL @ everyone writing off our chances after 6 games. We are currently 7th, and have had 3 tricky away games.

We still have Marek to come back.....things are not as bad as some of the cocks on here make out.

when you look at the table we are not doing too bad
it's the performances that are bugging me - our away form is verging on incompetence
how is coppell going to change the mentality of the team when we are playing away?
personally i can't see this happening in the near future

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Sep 2008 17:14

winchester_royal LOL @ everyone writing off our chances after 6 games. We are currently 7th, and have had 3 tricky away games.

(Spacey mode on) It's only been five games (Spacey mode off)

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 13 Sep 2008 17:14

chandog
Royal Lady

also if coppell went madejski would get in the cheapest possible replacement for him - in the same way we replace players who are sold

If you want instant results, have a w*nk, after that maybe have athink about how to run a football club that has just been relegated in a country possibly heading for recession.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 13 Sep 2008 17:14

chandog
Avon Royal
chandog whatever happened to a quick return to the prem?

LOL at anyone who ever thought that was going to happen! This should be a rebuilding year.

The frustrating thing about this year is the lack of evolution. All we get is the same old plodders, half of whom don't want to be here, with zero planning for the future. A 2-0 loss away at Ipswich would be ok for a team being actively rebuilt for the future.

From what has happened so far this season i would call it a falling apart year
LOL at anyone who thought we would rebuild after getting relegated and losing some of our main players
and no a 2-0 defeat at ipswich is not an ok result for anyone - in a league so close and competitive i cannot see any manager saying losing to an average team like ipswich is ok

When you rebuild a team you will lose games. That is an unfortunate fact. If we cleared out the dead wood and started to rebuild a team with the spirit and ethic of the team that got promoted then sensible fans would forgive the odd blip.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Sep 2008 17:15

I don't have a problem if we can't win at Old Trafford,but i do have a problem if we can't win at Portman Road.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 13 Sep 2008 17:15

I`m afraid its a problem of having players that don`t actually want to be here.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Sep 2008 17:16

thirtyyarder
chandog
Royal Lady We wanted Coppell to stay as we thought he was the very best person to get us back into the Prem. We didn't foresee that we'd sell our best players and spend a couple of hundred grand on a 3rd choice left back who gets subbed in his second game. :roll:

If you want instant results, have a w*nk, after that maybe have athink about how to run a football club that has just been relegated in a country possibly heading for recession.
Like Birmingham you mean?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Sep 2008 17:16

Avon Royal When you rebuild a team you will lose games. That is an unfortunate fact. If we cleared out the dead wood and started to rebuild a team with the spirit and ethic of the team that got promoted then sensible fans would forgive the odd blip.

Who are the dead wood then in your opinion?

chandog

by chandog » 13 Sep 2008 17:17

Avon Royal
chandog
Avon Royal LOL at anyone who ever thought that was going to happen! This should be a rebuilding year.

The frustrating thing about this year is the lack of evolution. All we get is the same old plodders, half of whom don't want to be here, with zero planning for the future. A 2-0 loss away at Ipswich would be ok for a team being actively rebuilt for the future.

From what has happened so far this season i would call it a falling apart year
LOL at anyone who thought we would rebuild after getting relegated and losing some of our main players
and no a 2-0 defeat at ipswich is not an ok result for anyone - in a league so close and competitive i cannot see any manager saying losing to an average team like ipswich is ok

When you rebuild a team you will lose games. That is an unfortunate fact. If we cleared out the dead wood and started to rebuild a team with the spirit and ethic of the team that got promoted then sensible fans would forgive the odd blip.

the problem is we haven't rebuilt
the team has been considerably weakened
if we had brought in good replacements for the likes of kitson and little people would be willing to allow the new players time to settle in - unfortunately this has not been the case

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Sep 2008 17:17

Royal Lady Like Birmingham you mean?

:roll: Right back at ya'!
Last edited by Archie's penalty on 13 Sep 2008 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Sep 2008 17:18

I still have no idea why Long started.
Mooney or N.Hunt would of been fine.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 13 Sep 2008 17:18

Chaney I`m afraid its a problem of having players that don`t actually want to be here.

Spot on.

We have a team full of 2007-2008 Shoreys. No wonder we have an away kit to make us look like traffic cones.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Sep 2008 17:19

Good persuasive argument there. Well done.

232 posts