Hard to see any progress for the forseeable future

2091 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Hard to see any progress for the forseeable future

by Ian Royal » 16 Sep 2008 22:29

Archie's penalty
Ian Royal Well, I'm only allowing tentative judgement until we've played at least 10. Doesn't stop me enjoying a damn fine win and laughing at people who seemed to have written us off after 5 games.

Let's not laugh at anyone. In the premiership there's this new policy of respect for referees. If the so called RTG's and STG's can respect each other it would be a much nicer and more accommodating board...

I agree we should wait until the 10th game till we reserve judgement...

Tbh, I'm not fussed about comeback if we turn shit. I got that last season, I reckon I probably enjoyed it much more than those who were right about relegation. Away form is a concern, but I'll stick by my prediction of play offs because I've seen nothing to say we can't get it.

Obviously it's still early days. I have plenty of concerns over players like; Convey, Rosenior, Kebe, Ivar, Doyle, Karacan, Pearce etc. I hope most of them vanish over the next couple of games.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Sep 2008 22:31

While it's very nice to bask in the glow of this result, it will be all for nowt if it's followed up by another lacklustre away display against Watford - we really need a win if we want to stay in touch at the top - a scrappy 1-0 win will do.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Sep 2008 22:32

I think we could cope with a draw against Watford, but we do need to get that ellusive away win soon.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 16 Sep 2008 22:33

Platypuss While it's very nice to bask in the glow of this result, it will be all for nowt if it's followed up by another lacklustre away display against Watford - we really need a win if we want to stay in touch at the top - a scrappy 1-0 win will do.

A 1-0 win would be perfect. We need to win a tight game away. Would give our confidence a wonderful lift.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Sep 2008 22:37

howser but lets please not get too blinkered by this result,

Oh, just like Schards was blinkered by last Saturday's result?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Sep 2008 22:54

6-0, 10-0, 110-0 it isn't going to matter unless we can get results away from home.

We looked impressive against Palace only to turn in another dismal performance away against Ipswich. LOL at anyone who judges progress on the strength of one game.

For the record, after a 6-0 win, I don't think we'll get automatic promotion and very much doubt we'll make the play offs.

Whilst it's enjoyable, none of the fundamental problems facing this club outlined in the original post are addressed by a big win at home to appalling opposition.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Sep 2008 22:57

PS - LOL at anyone sad enough to put someone on an ignore list, you must have to be an absolute twat to do that.

Good job the dunce concerned won't be reading this or the brain dead moron might be offended.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 16 Sep 2008 22:58

Are you not happy at all with a 6-0 win then Schards?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Sep 2008 23:01

Archie's penalty Are you not happy at all with a 6-0 win then Schards?

I'm very happy but it doesn't resolve any of the fundamental problems

It doesn't change my opinion that this will be wasted season. I suspect many will be agreeing again after Saturday.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Sep 2008 23:03

Well I suppose there has to be a certain amount of respect for you for digging your heels in and sticking to your guns after a 6-0 thrashing.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 16 Sep 2008 23:04

Schards#2
Archie's penalty Are you not happy at all with a 6-0 win then Schards?

I'm very happy but it doesn't resolve any of the fundamental problems

It doesn't change my opinion that this will be wasted season. I suspect many will be agreeing again after Saturday.

You're right it doesn't.

I have a feeling we have found our best team though.

I think Nhunt will complement Doyler (from what I heard on the radio Doyle seemed to like playing with him) and Bikey is an ox.

I hope our heads don't go down on saturday. We can do well in this division we just need to believe in ourselves more...

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Sep 2008 23:05

Ian Royal Well I suppose there has to be a certain amount of respect for you for digging your heels in and sticking to your guns after a 6-0 thrashing.

TBH, I greatly resent Dirk Gently's implication that I was predicting automatic promotion after the Palace game when that game changed my opinion no more than this one.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Sep 2008 23:17

Ian Royal
Archie's penalty
Ian Royal Well, I'm only allowing tentative judgement until we've played at least 10. Doesn't stop me enjoying a damn fine win and laughing at people who seemed to have written us off after 5 games.

Let's not laugh at anyone. In the premiership there's this new policy of respect for referees. If the so called RTG's and STG's can respect each other it would be a much nicer and more accommodating board...

I agree we should wait until the 10th game till we reserve judgement...

Tbh, I'm not fussed about comeback if we turn shit. I got that last season, I reckon I probably enjoyed it much more than those who were right about relegation. Away form is a concern, but I'll stick by my prediction of play offs because I've seen nothing to say we can't get it.

Obviously it's still early days. I have plenty of concerns over players like; Convey, Rosenior, Kebe, Ivar, Doyle, Karacan, Pearce etc. I hope most of them vanish over the next couple of games.

I'm sure you 'LOL'd' at everyone when Reading beat Liverpool too. Bit like COppell, few lessons learnt.

Going to the original post, hard to see any progress, in the wider scale I think Pearce and Karacan give me optimism in that both of them are going to be top top players in a few years time, Karacan oozed class tonight and Pearce is a proper defender.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 16 Sep 2008 23:20

Dirk Gently
readingbedding This topic is ridiculous.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Don't be silly. It makes perfect sense. When we beat Palace two weeks ago we were certs for automatic promotion. It's only natural that when we lose an away game everything is disastrous and we have no future.

All is sweetness and light again - promotion certs again!

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 16 Sep 2008 23:23

Alan Partridge
I'm sure you 'LOL'd' at everyone when Reading beat Liverpool too. Bit like COppell, few lessons learnt.

Going to the original post, hard to see any progress, in the wider scale I think Pearce and Karacan give me optimism in that both of them are going to be top top players in a few years time, Karacan oozed class tonight and Pearce is a proper defender.

Cos if anyone can, Karacan, Karacan, etc etc. Sorry.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 16 Sep 2008 23:27

LOl at Shards being a tw@t and trying to put as much of a downer on this as possible, to try and rescue a scrap of credibility.

face it, youve spoken too soon.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Sep 2008 23:30

willz_royal face it, youve spoken too soon.

And you run the same risk. Watford is a biggie.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 16 Sep 2008 23:33

Platypuss

No he doesant....
Schards is stating we wont make the PLAY OFFS... regardless of what happens at watford there isnt a sane man in the land that would back against us making the play offs

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Sep 2008 23:35

juanpablo
Platypuss

No he doesant....
Schards is stating we wont make the PLAY OFFS... regardless of what happens at watford there isnt a sane man in the land that would back against us making the play offs

I think there are quite a few that would back us not to be in the top 6, what a strange thing to say :|

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Sep 2008 23:35

Platypuss

He only runs the risk if he says off the back of this result we're certainties for play offs or autos.

There is a difference between calling someone on a follish stance and making the opposite (but still foolish) stance.

2091 posts