Worrying info about Lita

195 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Worrying info about Lita

by Stranded » 18 Sep 2008 09:01

Deathy
The 17 Bus Will soon be off on loan, you heard it here first.

Very easy for anyone to just come out with that. Source?

I can't see him going on loan to a League 1 club and I doubt we'd want to loan him to anyone in this league. He might be a bit of an idiot but he's one of the best strikers in this division. :|

Hardly much conclusive proof of that to be fair.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Sep 2008 11:25

Stranded
Deathy
The 17 Bus Will soon be off on loan, you heard it here first.

Very easy for anyone to just come out with that. Source?

I can't see him going on loan to a League 1 club and I doubt we'd want to loan him to anyone in this league. He might be a bit of an idiot but he's one of the best strikers in this division. :|

Hardly much conclusive proof of that to be fair.

His record at Charlton demonstrates his quality

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 18 Sep 2008 12:03

Bit harsh Stranded. He was a key player both when we got promoted and in the Premiership that season. He's certainly one of the top 5 strikers in the Championship.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 18 Sep 2008 12:44

Deathy Bit harsh Stranded. He was a key player both when we got promoted and in the Premiership that season. He's certainly one of the top 5 strikers in the Championship.

He is nowhere near the top 5.

Doyle
Hunt
Ebanks Blake
Phillips
Hulse
Parry
etc etc etc

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 18 Sep 2008 12:48

Focher
Deathy Bit harsh Stranded. He was a key player both when we got promoted and in the Premiership that season. He's certainly one of the top 5 strikers in the Championship.

Doyle
Hunt
Ebanks Blake
Phillips
Hulse
Parry
etc etc etc

Hulse and Parry :|

Hulse when fully fit, yes, but he hasn'r been for abut 3 years. More so actually. He was in and out of Leeds' squad too.

LOLz at suggesting Hunt is in the top 5 after one quality performace and some cup goals.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Sep 2008 13:01

Yep, he had a decent impact that season 11 in 26, good record.

Charlton was 3 in 8, all goals coming in 2 games back to back - didn't do much of note in the other games by all accounts.

And started very poorly this.

He's not in the top 5 strikers in this division.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 18 Sep 2008 13:03

Hmmm.

Important, certainly, definitely, but 'key' given that he had months out injured?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 18 Sep 2008 13:37

Focher

Doyle
Hunt
Ebanks Blake
Phillips
Hulse
Parry
etc etc etc

Have you seen Parry play? Far more graft and impact than Lita. Yes Hunt is yet to prove himself, but on Tue he did twice as much as Lita all season. Lita is nowhere near the top 5 in the championship (at the moment), with the correct attitude he should be the best in the league.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Sep 2008 16:13

Royal Lady Well, I'm going to stick up for him a bit here - I know someone who knows him quite well. They used to say he was very arrogant and they didn't care for him much, however, they have told me that he has changed and the change seemed to come about last season. He told this person in the close season that he didn't want to leave, that he really loved it here, but that "someone" (I know who but I'm not going to say) didn't like him and wanted him out.

He said he'd had interest from 3 or 4 clubs in the close season, but nothing came of it.

I have also met him and in the very brief chat that we had he came across as rather more shy than anything else - he was also very witty.

When he was left out of the squad last game, this person tried to contact him, as they thought he was probably off to another club, but he didn't want to talk about it.

I would venture to suggest that he probably was an arrogant idiot up until fairly recently - he probably also carries a bit of a chip on his shoulder. From what I saw of him, I liked him and he surprised me. He didn't have to communicate with me at all, but he did. He knew I knew the other person I am talking about here (if you can understand that) but he was genuinely friendly and not putting on an act.

He's early twenties, he obviously earns more money than many many others of the same age (and older!) and he has found it hard to handle himself in certain situations. There are always "lads" out and about in Reading, who revel in trying to take a "pop" at some of the players and I think Lita has had more than his fair share.

I think his swagger etc has more to do with the fact that he's being what he thinks people perceive him to be, he didn't know how to handle himself and the money situation - but as he's getting older and wiser, he's calming down. He argued with Kitson, I know that for a fact from two different people, but I also know a lot of the other players didn't like Kitson much. Maybe Lita was the only one who told him to his face.

I get really fed up when our players are being knocked all the time, by their own fans. I can only go on what I've seen with my own eyes and what I've heard from someone who has known him fairly well.

Thanks RL very informative.

For the record I'm not slagging him of just posting what I've been told as info.

I suspect it's a case of him being fundamentally a good lad but with an odd quirk that comes to light when drunk or really irked by something.

I'd still love to see him brought back into the fold and starting games, but after recent developments Doyle and Hunt should start I guess.

Forever Reading
Location: We are the boys of the Elm Park Choir, Singing on a Saturday keeps us fit....

What now for Lita???

by Forever Reading » 18 Sep 2008 21:09

There is a lot of talk recently about the emergence of N Hunt and how this has pushed Long down the pecking order but what does all this mean for Leroy. I personnaly believe that Lita and N. Hunt are similar types of players but Hunt is more effective at linking play together and holding up the ball, simply put better.

So Lita doesnt look close to getting back into the team and surely Mooney is next in line for a chance should injuries etc create an opportunity. Is this the end of the line for Leroy? The one time U21 starlet used to carry a supposed price tag of around £6M could we even get our £1M back we paid for him?

Your thoughts please

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: What now for Lita???

by Uke » 18 Sep 2008 21:09

wibble

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Sep 2008 21:56

Maybe he could find some fish to go with those well balanced chips he might open a shop?

HTH

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 18 Sep 2008 22:24

I don't think NH is a better player than Lita, but I suspect he follows orders whereas Lita just does what he likes on the pitch. Leroy's problem is temperament: I suspect he is just not a team player. I hope we sell him at Christmas, and, who knows, someone desperate might give us a tidy sum for him.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 18 Sep 2008 22:44

facaldaqui I don't think NH is a better player than Lita, but I suspect he follows orders whereas Lita just does what he likes on the pitch. Leroy's problem is temperament: I suspect he is just not a team player. I hope we sell him at Christmas, and, who knows, someone desperate might give us a tidy sum for him.

I'd say someone who isn't a team player in a team game is unlikely to be better than someone who is - QED.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 18 Sep 2008 22:54

His attitude obviously wound up Coppell last year (hence the loan) and the fact he has been omitted from the squad recently suggests another flare up has happened. He should be a big part of plans this year, but if he's not prepared to be a team player then I suggest he's not in Coppell's plans at the moment. Noel Hunt has shown what a hungry player can do!

I doubt Coppell will loan him to a rival in the Championship, so I imagine he will remain in the stiffs untill January when he'll be sold.

Good ridance I say.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 18 Sep 2008 23:04

Or the club finally took a look at his overall goal scoring record and performances and worked out that Irish >> Lita.

Forever Reading
Location: We are the boys of the Elm Park Choir, Singing on a Saturday keeps us fit....

by Forever Reading » 18 Sep 2008 23:38

I just can't see him climbing the pecking order so I think he will go unfortunately for a lot less than the figures which were quoted last season.
Then we will be left with our all Irish strike force.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 19 Sep 2008 00:36

Hasn't this already been discussed in UR&G?!?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Sep 2008 09:09

SpaceCruiser Hasn't this already been discussed in UR&G?!?

ad nauseum

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Sep 2008 12:32

papereyes Or the club finally took a look at his overall goal scoring record and performances and worked out that Irish >> Lita.

Let's sign Robbie Keane!

:wink:

195 posts