RUMOUR - Harper to Middlesborough

944 posts
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

Re: RUMOUR - Harper to Middlesborough

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 24 Aug 2008 15:35

loyalroyal4life How is harper rated as being priced the same if not more than bullard??

He's only rated at the value he has, by Coppell - he'd only be worth that value if a club were prepared to meet it and quite rightly no club is! - Im surprised that some clubs were rumoured to be offering £3m, as given on the first 3 games this term and many last term, he's worth nowhere near that amount

I think the longer the season goes on, Coppell will rue putting such a high value against such a mediocre player

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 25 Aug 2008 22:02

He's worth about 500k, asking for £5million plus for him is nothing short of hilarious.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 25 Aug 2008 22:03

Royalee He's worth about 500k, asking for £5million plus for him is nothing short of hilarious.

I'd say he is worth more than 500k

More like...

£2m

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 25 Aug 2008 22:07

I'd say a million tops - and that's only because the market's so inflated.

Streets

by Streets » 25 Aug 2008 22:17

Royalee He's worth about 500k, asking for £5million plus for him is nothing short of hilarious.

500k? That's ridiculous? Are you bored and after a cuddle?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 25 Aug 2008 22:19

Streets

500k? That's ridiculous? Are you bored and after a cuddle?

I could do with one ;)

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 25 Aug 2008 22:19

Streets

500k? That's ridiculas? Are you bored and after a cuddle?

I don't think many clubs are in the market for cheerleaders with no strength, heading or tackling ability or brains to be honest. Amy Winehouse has more awareness around the park than Harper.

Streets

by Streets » 25 Aug 2008 22:21

Royalee
Streets

500k? That's ridiculas? Are you bored and after a cuddle?

I don't think many clubs are in the market for cheerleaders with no strength, heading or tackling ability or brains to be honest. Amy Winehouse has more awareness around the park than Harper.

Well take a seat love, Fulham, Wigan and Boro have all had bids in excess of £3m knocked back by Reading this summer. Water sir? :wink:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 25 Aug 2008 22:26

Streets
Well take a seat love, Fulham, Wigan and Boro have all had bids in excess of £3m knocked back by Reading this summer. Water sir? :wink:

You make it sound like teams have never tried to sign overrated players before - Darren Bent went for £16 million 12 months ago and don't tell me Shevchenko was worth £30 million to Chelsea.

Streets

by Streets » 25 Aug 2008 22:31

Royalee
Streets

You make it sound like teams have never tried to sign overrated players before - Darren Bent went for £16 million 12 months ago and don't tell me Shevchenko was worth £30 million to Chelsea.

No but for the goals he scored on the continent, that was a fair value for what was possibly the best striker in the world at that time.

He just blew it in the Premiership and has struggled to be the same player since leaving Italy.

Harper is never worth as little as 500k though. That's darft.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 25 Aug 2008 22:44

As daft as selling Andy Hughes to Norwich for 500k?

Streets

by Streets » 25 Aug 2008 22:53

Royalee As daft as selling Andy Hughes to Norwich for 500k?

That was just silly. :lol:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 12:00

Gareth Southgate confirms Middlesborough are not going to be purchasing any new players before the tranfer window closes.

Bye bye then James.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 06 Sep 2008 08:02

Give Harper to Derby, they could do with some help.
While we're at it, swap Jewell for Coppell too.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 07 Sep 2008 14:23

readingbedding

Give Harper to Derby, they could do with some help.
While we're at it, swap Jewell for Coppell too.

No thanks. :D

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 22 Sep 2008 08:12

Streets
Royalee
Streets

No but for the goals he scored on the continent, that was a fair value for what was possibly the best striker in the world at that time.

He just blew it in the Premiership and has struggled to be the same player since leaving Italy.

I wouldn't say blew it. Chelsea signed him but the manager didn't have a real place for him the squad. Confidence is as much a contributing factor to form as skill so you go to a club where the manager doesn't like you - what do you think would happen to your form.

Plus, of course, the style of the game differs in key areas between the English and Italian top flight. A younger player would, imo, adapt quicker and more easily.

Anyway, Harper: is it any surprise no-one in the Premiership went for him when he barely shone in an underperforming side last season especially given that our weakest link was our midfield. There's a wonderful few pages of argument near the start ... :lol:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Sep 2008 18:54

I don't understand why people are slagging off Harper. He has played well for us so far this season and did well for us in some stages of last season.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 24 Sep 2008 14:32

Ideal
papereyes Anyway, Harper: is it any surprise no-one in the Premiership went for him when he barely shone in an underperforming side last season especially given that our weakest link was our midfield.

You do realize he was one of our best players last season ...

Only due to a significant lack of competition ...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Sep 2008 22:11

Being one of the best 3 or 4 players in a poor team when that team's problem is that for the whole season it had at most 2 decent midfielders playing and for half the season only one surely emphasises what a good player he is.

It's difficult playing well when you're the only one capable of playing in midfield at that level for at least a dozen games.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Sep 2008 02:08

Ideal
papereyes Anyway, Harper: is it any surprise no-one in the Premiership went for him when he barely shone in an underperforming side last season especially given that our weakest link was our midfield.

You do realize he was one of our best players last season, and the midfield deficiency was not his fault seeing as he is an attacking midfielder, and what was lacking was a defensive midfielder? I think it is very unrealistic of certain people to expect Harper to be a DMC, while at the same time none of you expect the same from Matejovsky, it is simply very unfair to expect such a player to do the same job as Roy Keane.

I also realise he is currently one of our worst perfoming players this season

944 posts