Lita's Spot Kick v Stoke

149 posts
juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Lita's Spot Kick v Stoke

by juanpablo » 26 Sep 2008 12:34

Platypuss On O/S:

After Lita's midweek penalty miss at Stoke, there were preposterous suggestions he had missed on purpose; claims that Steve was disgusted with.

"Shame on anyone for thinking that, absolutely no way at all. If you see him score in a five-a-side in training it changes his day and whole demeanour - and it's multiplied by ten in the first team, it's so important to him to score."

cant believe this crap goes so far that our own manager has to comment....

worrying really

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Sep 2008 12:41

When he does next score (God, let it be soon please!) what are the odds the shirt will come off?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 26 Sep 2008 12:41

Platypuss On O/S:

After Lita's midweek penalty miss at Stoke, there were preposterous suggestions he had missed on purpose; claims that Steve was disgusted with.

"Shame on anyone for thinking that, absolutely no way at all. If you see him score in a five-a-side in training it changes his day and whole demeanour - and it's multiplied by ten in the first team, it's so important to him to score."

Couldn't and still can't believe Reading 107 even ran the story, sorry, non story. :roll:

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 26 Sep 2008 12:43

Royal Rother When he does next score (God, let it be soon please!) what are the odds the shirt will come off?

I hope so :?

Thames

by Thames » 26 Sep 2008 14:01

Lita will be getting boo'ed from the SROT section of the Madejski stadium should he ever play for the first team again.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Sep 2008 14:09

2 world wars, 1 world cup yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

Predictable.

The guy we love to hate misses a crucial penalty and all of a sudden he's not only the worst player ever, but did it on purpose to piss off Coppell and Reading fans.

Gotta go, there's a pig flying outside my window.

Precisely. Lita is neither thick nor arrogant enough to make a deliberate miss look that blatant! What would that have done for his prospects at this and every other club in the football league?!!

Had he really wanted to stitch his own club up in the manner it would have been in a far more subtle and skilled way i.e. slightly scuffed just wide or just within reach of the keeper.

As for those coming up with this potentially libellous suggestion - do you really think Coppell would have given Lita a potentially critical penalty to take had he any doubts whatsoever about his character, motivation and ability?

Thames I hope he suffers a painful injury playing against Forest Green reserves.

If his attitude was right, Leroy Lita would be a proven Premiership striker by now. However, I think he will be non league by the times he's 30.

Even if that is the case, he will still have achieved far more than you can even dream of doing!

Wishing any football player of any club a painful injury says volumes about your character/personality. :evil:

KC Royal I wasn't too hopeful to begin with when i heard he was taking the 5th penalty, but then when Tony Gale and Paul Walsh on Sky Soccer Special said he was walking up "casually" i just knew he was going to miss it...

Did make me wonder whether someone else should have taken it instead, but then there weren't really any better options.

I seem to remember that Lita's style with penalties has always been to walk up 'casually'. Despite that I suspect he has still scored far more than he missed. However, IIRC he did miss one for England in the European U21 Championships. No doubt some idiots on here would suggest that was deliberate too!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 26 Sep 2008 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

Thames

by Thames » 26 Sep 2008 14:20

Even if that is the case, he will still have achieved far more than you can even dream of doing!

Wishing any football player of any club a painful injury says volumes about your character/personality.

1) At least I am successful in my career

2) It could be a blessing in disguise. He would get a multi million pound pay out for doing nothing. Come to think of it, he's doing nothing at the moment so I say a seriously broken leg sounds like a good idea, dont you?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 Sep 2008 14:25

Thames

Wishing any football player of any club a painful injury says volumes about your character/personality.

1) At least I am successful in my career

2) It could be a blessing in disguise. He would get a multi million pound pay out for doing nothing. Come to think of it, he's doing nothing at the moment so I say a seriously broken leg sounds like a good idea, dont you?

What career would that be? Unlike you I am fully familiar with the law relating to libel so I won't give an indication of some of the careers that cross my mind! However, I somehow doubt your vocation lies in the caring professions!

And how high are those dizzy heights you have reached? Have we seen you on global television? Have you competed against some of the best in Europe? Can you afford to retire by the age of 30?

Thames

by Thames » 26 Sep 2008 14:30

What career would that be? Unlike you I am fully familiar with the law relating to libel so I won't give an indication of some of the careers that cross my mind! However, I somehow doubt your vocation lies in the caring professions!

And how high are those dizzy heights you have reached? Have we seen you on global television? Have you competed against some of the best in Europe? Can you afford to retire by the age of 30?

For a start I dont want to give out personal details, Perv. You are correct however, it is not a caring profession. That would be sad.

The heights aren't quite dizzy, but I'm on my way up. Yes, you have seen me on Global television. Well, at least continental. And my plan is to be retired by the age of 30.

So.....LOL @ you.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Sep 2008 14:36

Absolutely nothign big or clever about wishing anyone has an injury, sorry.

Sad being in a caring profession?

:roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 Sep 2008 14:43

Thames

For a start I dont want to give out personal details, Perv. You are correct however, it is not a caring profession. That would be sad.

The heights aren't quite dizzy, but I'm on my way up. Yes, you have seen me on Global television. Well, at least continental..

They're showing re-runs of 3-2-1 on continental television?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 26 Sep 2008 15:06

Thames For a start I dont want to give out personal details, Perv. You are correct however, it is not a caring profession. That would be sad.

The heights aren't quite dizzy, but I'm on my way up. Yes, you have seen me on Global television. Well, at least continental. And my plan is to be retired by the age of 30.

So.....LOL @ you.

Brilliant entertainment! And free!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Sep 2008 15:53

I hope Graham reads the Moderator reports soon. :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Sep 2008 16:14

I was going to snitch but thought there was very little point.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Sep 2008 16:38

I've snitched and left the report open, so unless another mod has closed it, he should see it.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

Ep tonight......

by rfcjoe » 26 Sep 2008 17:19

Back page is, left column, Coppell slamming internet posters who said leroy missed his kick on Tuesday on purpose........ I wonder which internet forum this was ay.... :wink:

Btw, is this the first time in HNA?'s history that it has made it onto a front or back page?

SmellyAli

Re: Ep tonight......

by SmellyAli » 26 Sep 2008 17:37

OAE made it onto The Evening Post, The Reading Chronicle, Radio Berkshire, and forced the club to make an official statement when Royal Bloke made up stories about 'kids round my way planning to burn effigies of Pardew'.

This narrowly beats another made up story, this time about the 'Middlesborough' disabled bus being attacked by the infamous Thames Train Crew, which found its way to a local paper in the North East and also got a mention in the EP or Chronicle (Can't remember which) as well as on numerous web sites.

Other OAE claims to fame include a false marriage proposal on Radio Berks which Joel Hufford got very excited about, and fans of other football clubs discussing The Scorpians and arranging to meet in The Frog & Pickle for a fight.

Made up stuff is much better than real life.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 26 Sep 2008 17:38

SmellyAli OAE made it onto The Evening Post, The Reading Chronicle, Radio Berkshire, and forced the club to make an official statement when Royal Bloke made up stories about 'kids round my way planning to burn effigies of Pardew'.

This narrowly beats another made up story, this time about the 'Middlesborough' disabled bus being attacked by the infamous Thames Train Crew, which found its way to a local paper in the North East and also got a mention in the EP or Chronicle (Can't remember which) as well as on numerous web sites.

Other OAE claims to fame include a false marriage proposal on Radio Berks which Joel Hufford got very excited about, and fans of other football clubs discussing The Scorpians and arranging to meet in The Frog & Pickle for a fight.

Made up stuff is much better than real life.

By miles.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 26 Sep 2008 17:41

frimmers. for example ...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 Sep 2008 18:32

rfcjoe Back page is, left column, Coppell slamming internet posters who said leroy missed his kick on Tuesday on purpose........ I wonder which internet forum this was ay.... :wink:

Btw, is this the first time in HNA?'s history that it has made it onto a front or back page?

Fortunately for Thames, due to the fact he has been so successful in his chosen career, he should be able to afford a decent lawyer. Not sure about Tamworth_Royal though!

149 posts