Royals vs Swans match thread

145 posts
Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Royals vs Swans match thread

by Hampshire Royal » 28 Sep 2008 10:06

Schards#2
Royal Rother If 50% of the time we played like we did against Watford and the other 50% like we did against Sheff Wed and Swansea I reckon 99% of the supporters will be very happy.

Not you of course, you'll still be clinging onto your belief that with Coppell and Madejski at the helm RFC will be dull and uninspiring. :lol:

Aren't you the guy that bitches continually about people posting after a bad result that reinforces their stated opinions?

Yet you seem to do the same whenever there's a result that reinforces your opinions.

Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

We can save the ridicule until the end of the season when we can establish who was right and who was wrong. Like we did last seson. Do you remember that? When you were proven completely and utterly wrong?

You would have thought that might engender a little humility and respect for other people's opinions, particularly those whos opinions have been repeatedly correct in the past.

Do you really mean that you are looking forward to the end of the season so that, if you are right, you can pour ridicule on someone who dares to support his team and chooses to see the positives rather than exagerate the negatives?

It's what I've always said about people like you, it's more important that you're proved right on an anonymous internet forum than supporting your team.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 28 Sep 2008 10:10

Hampshire Royal
Schards#2
Royal Rother If 50% of the time we played like we did against Watford and the other 50% like we did against Sheff Wed and Swansea I reckon 99% of the supporters will be very happy.

Not you of course, you'll still be clinging onto your belief that with Coppell and Madejski at the helm RFC will be dull and uninspiring. :lol:

Aren't you the guy that bitches continually about people posting after a bad result that reinforces their stated opinions?

Yet you seem to do the same whenever there's a result that reinforces your opinions.

We can save the ridicule until the end of the season when we can establish who was right and who was wrong. Like we did last seson. Do you remember that? When you were proven completely and utterly wrong?

You would have thought that might engender a little humility and respect for other people's opinions, particularly those whos opinions have been repeatedly correct in the past.

Do you really mean that you are looking forward to the end of the season so that, if you are right, you can pour ridicule on someone who dares to support his team and chooses to see the positives rather than exagerate the negatives?

It's what I've always said about people like you, it's more important that you're proved right on an anonymous internet forum than supporting your team.

Good point. Touche.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 28 Sep 2008 10:39

Hampshire Royal
Schards#2

No - HTH

I'm saying Royal Rother should restrain from ridiculing other opinions until it's been established whether they are, in fact, correct.

Oh and "people like you"? :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 Sep 2008 10:56

Cant believe this thread has decended to this level.and that people are talking like they want us to fail.

The last two home games have seen superb attacking football,and some of the best goals ive seen us score.

We were good.it was a good performance.
Get a grip peeps!

Lol at consistently right.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 28 Sep 2008 11:08

brendywendy Cant believe this thread has decended to this level.and that people are talking like they want us to fail.
The last two home games have seen superb attacking football,and some of the best goals ive seen us score.

We were good.it was a good performance.
Get a grip peeps!

Lol at consistently right.

Where's that then?

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 28 Sep 2008 11:17

Yup, people like you! Oh, I can't remember individuals you all seem to just blend into one. Last year, when we had the first bad season for years, you were in your element taking great delight when we failed and laughing at those who, even when things were really bad, chose to grasp at straws and hope beyond hope that we would stay up.

This season after we didn't risk our financial stability by buying over-priced dross and are going ahead with a mixture of reasonably priced players, youth and those players who, for whatever reason, decided to stay you people are saying things like 'no ambition', 'no progress', even 'we're going down'. From what I can see, we are playing extremely well at home but have, as yet, to see us replicate that away. We fans prefer to think that the home form will continue and the away form will improve. Even if we don't go up this season, we are in the process of rebuilding the team ready for promotion next year. This rebuilding process may well continue if players like Doyle and S Hunt are sold and they are replaced, in the same way as we don't really miss Sonko, Shorey or Kitson.

Exciting times ahead, I feel.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 28 Sep 2008 11:24

Hampshire Royal Yup, people like you! Oh, I can't remember individuals you all seem to just blend into one. Last year, when we had the first bad season for years, you were in your element taking great delight when we failed and laughing at those who, even when things were really bad, chose to grasp at straws and hope beyond hope that we would stay up.

This season after we didn't risk our financial stability by buying over-priced dross and are going ahead with a mixture of reasonably priced players, youth and those players who, for whatever reason, decided to stay you people are saying things like 'no ambition', 'no progress', even 'we're going down'. From what I can see, we are playing extremely well at home but have, as yet, to see us replicate that away. We fans prefer to think that the home form will continue and the away form will improve. Even if we don't go up this season, we are in the process of rebuilding the team ready for promotion next year. This rebuilding process may well continue if players like Doyle and S Hunt are sold and they are replaced, in the same way as we don't really miss Sonko, Shorey or Kitson.

Exciting times ahead, I feel.

:lol:

You give the impression that you actually believe this.

Do you seriously believe that I would spend thousands supporting a side over a season but want to see them lose so that I can win some petty internet argument with an anonymous moron that I will never knowingly meet? That that would be more important than seeing my team suceed?

Stop and think about this for a minute and realise how utterly ridiculous your point is.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Sep 2008 11:28

I think that the most pleasing thing about yesterday is that we won convincingly without playing particularly brilliantly to be quite honest. Swansea must have had more of the possession and territory in the second half but we showed them how to finish and to be honest for all their pretty passing they only warmed Hahnemann's gloves once, with a tame looping header towards the end.

I liked Noel Hunt again. He is hard working and very decent in the air; several inches shorter than Shane Long but he times his jumps and his positional awareness meant that every flicked header seemed to find a Reading man, and then most importantly he peeled away from his man at a corner to bury a header for the opening goal after a scrappy start to the game. He looks to be the real deal at this level.

The main difference for me between the sides yesterday was the Reading wingers. I still have plenty of misgivings about Kebe (that piece of skill, demonstration of pace and then abysmal second touch taking the ball out of play in the second half was all too typical to be honest - we can laugh it off at 3-0 up but if it had been 0-0 or indeed 0-1 you'd all have been fuming at his lack of technique) but there is no doubt that his unorthodox style gave Swansea plenty to think about all game. Has he got enough for this level? Yeah, perhaps he has. Although he infuriated me again when he failed to run on to S Hunt's clever pass outside of the full back in the first half; lack of awareness and perhaps lack of a footballing brain.

Brings me neatly on to SHunt actually. I have slated him as a player in the past and as a man more recently for his pathetic comments about Reading being obliged to allow him a transfer, but I have to give him the utmost praise for the way he has kicked on in recent times. A bit part player in the 05/06 team, he seized his chance in the Premier League and through sheer bloody-minded honest endeavour and hard work he has become a very important player to us and one we will struggle to replace when he inevitably leaves in January. Leroy Lita, take note.

Vey disappointed to see Pearce dropped from the XV altogether - was he injured? If not, it hardly sends out a very encouraging message from Coppell to his younger players. That said, Karacan continues to impress; he gave the ball away far too much for my liking yesterday but that rarely deters him, he continues to be busy, get involved and try and bring the ball forward. Another good performance from the young man.

So, 4-0 but we're a long way from perfection yet - isn't that nice to see/say. We'll all take that at this stage of the season; now for a point or three at Molineux please.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 28 Sep 2008 11:40

I'm sorry, I tried to de-personalise this and the YOU I was talking about was the collective. There were people who seemed to take enormous delight in our failure. Whether it was you or not, I really can't remember. All I remember about you is that you placed a bet on us failing.

Internet forums like this are all about discussing issues and arguing points. It's when the arguing of the points becomes more important than the reason why we're all on this forum and the winning of arguments, no matter how weak your points are simply because you repeat the same old nonsense time after time, that's when it all becomes pathetic.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Sep 2008 12:01

Hampshire Royal I'm sorry, I tried to de-personalise this and the YOU I was talking about was the collective. There were people who seemed to take enormous delight in our failure. Whether it was you or not, I really can't remember. All I remember about you is that you placed a bet on us failing.

Internet forums like this are all about discussing issues and arguing points. It's when the arguing of the points becomes more important than the reason why we're all on this forum and the winning of arguments, no matter how weak your points are simply because you repeat the same old nonsense time after time, that's when it all becomes pathetic.

Just because you keep repeating it, it doesn't make it true.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 28 Sep 2008 12:33

To be honest, I don't really give a toss whether I'm right or wrong over a matter that I have absolutely no control over. If people didn't really take delight in our failure, then I apologise. To the people who saw their winning an argument more important than the fortunes of my team then I say that I hope you're happy and that you enjoy pouring ridicule and scorn on all those that had a different opinion.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Sep 2008 12:38

Hampshire Royal To be honest, I don't really give a toss whether I'm right or wrong over a matter that I have absolutely no control over. If people didn't really take delight in our failure, then I apologise. To the people who saw their winning an argument more important than the fortunes of my team then I say that I hope you're happy and that you enjoy pouring ridicule and scorn on all those that had a different opinion.

:lol:

He just can't help himself, can he?

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 28 Sep 2008 12:43

Oh dear, oh dear and this from someone who said he didn't suffer fools gladly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Sep 2008 12:53

floyd__streete I think that the most pleasing thing about yesterday is that we won convincingly without playing particularly brilliantly to be quite honest. Swansea must have had more of the possession and territory in the second half but we showed them how to finish and to be honest for all their pretty passing they only warmed Hahnemann's gloves once, with a tame looping header towards the end.

I liked Noel Hunt again. He is hard working and very decent in the air; several inches shorter than Shane Long but he times his jumps and his positional awareness meant that every flicked header seemed to find a Reading man, and then most importantly he peeled away from his man at a corner to bury a header for the opening goal after a scrappy start to the game. He looks to be the real deal at this level.

The main difference for me between the sides yesterday was the Reading wingers. I still have plenty of misgivings about Kebe (that piece of skill, demonstration of pace and then abysmal second touch taking the ball out of play in the second half was all too typical to be honest - we can laugh it off at 3-0 up but if it had been 0-0 or indeed 0-1 you'd all have been fuming at his lack of technique) but there is no doubt that his unorthodox style gave Swansea plenty to think about all game. Has he got enough for this level? Yeah, perhaps he has. Although he infuriated me again when he failed to run on to S Hunt's clever pass outside of the full back in the first half; lack of awareness and perhaps lack of a footballing brain.

Brings me neatly on to SHunt actually. I have slated him as a player in the past and as a man more recently for his pathetic comments about Reading being obliged to allow him a transfer, but I have to give him the utmost praise for the way he has kicked on in recent times. A bit part player in the 05/06 team, he seized his chance in the Premier League and through sheer bloody-minded honest endeavour and hard work he has become a very important player to us and one we will struggle to replace when he inevitably leaves in January. Leroy Lita, take note.

Vey disappointed to see Pearce dropped from the XV altogether - was he injured? If not, it hardly sends out a very encouraging message from Coppell to his younger players. That said, Karacan continues to impress; he gave the ball away far too much for my liking yesterday but that rarely deters him, he continues to be busy, get involved and try and bring the ball forward. Another good performance from the young man.

So, 4-0 but we're a long way from perfection yet - isn't that nice to see/say. We'll all take that at this stage of the season; now for a point or three at Molineux please.

Good post Floyd. I too was disappointed Pearce didn't make the squad. Odd he was dropped altogether.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 28 Sep 2008 12:59

I agree, good post floyd! I was disappointed about Pearce as well. The only reason I can think of is that Coppell thinks Bikey and Ivar are the best pairing and that we didn't really need a CB on the bench, particularly with the attacking brand of football we're playing at home.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 28 Sep 2008 13:42

When I saw that Pearce wasn't in the team I was steaming with anger.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Sep 2008 16:40

Schards#2
Hampshire Royal Do you really mean that you are looking forward to the end of the season so that, if you are right, you can pour ridicule on someone who dares to support his team and chooses to see the positives rather than exagerate the negatives?

No - HTH

I'm saying Royal Rother should restrain from ridiculing other opinions until it's been established whether they are, in fact, correct.

But it's not correct because, since your OP we have been the exact opposite of dull and uninspiring. End of.

Come on big man, just admit you are glad to have been proved wrong and let that be the end of it.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 28 Sep 2008 16:51

Royal Rother
Schards#2
Hampshire Royal Do you really mean that you are looking forward to the end of the season so that, if you are right, you can pour ridicule on someone who dares to support his team and chooses to see the positives rather than exagerate the negatives?

No - HTH

But it's not correct because, since your OP we have been the exact opposite of dull and uninspiring. End of.

Come on big man, just admit you are glad to have been proved wrong and let that be the end of it.

a) we've been dull and uninspiring in 50% of our games thus far.

b) the season is 46 games long, not 8.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 28 Sep 2008 16:53

rg6royal When I saw that Pearce wasn't in the team I was steaming with anger.

Why? He hasnt been great, just solid. Bikey has alot more talent.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 28 Sep 2008 17:27

Schards#2 a) we've been dull and uninspiring in 50% of our games thus far.

b) the season is 46 games long, not 8.

I can give you uninspiring (as this emotion is purely subjective) but are you seriously telling me that the 4-2 defeat at Charlton, with a missed penalty and one of the most open games I've seen for a while was dull? And that Watford, again with contraversy, disallowed goals, penalties given, penalties not given was dull?

I'm sorry but you've merely served to reinforce many people's views that you'd rather see the team fail to prove you right. Honesty, anyone would still think we're being managed by Tommy Burns. NOW, there was an uninspiring team if ever I saw it..........

145 posts