Wolves away - 30th Sep 2008 - PREDICTIONS

149 posts
Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Wolves away - 30th Sep 2008 - PREDICTIONS

by Scarface » 29 Sep 2008 13:31

We can't play with 9 men away from home at Wolves, so if Harper and Kebe are dropped we might stand a chance.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 29 Sep 2008 13:53

I laughed at this one..

" Reading, will be an easy game on tuesday, fully expecting 3 points. They are atrocious away from home and have played 4 average teams at home, none of which will be anywhere near the playoffs at the end of the season. Reading were a waste of time in the prem and rightfully relegated, they have no ambititon as a club and it was clearly seen by everyone last season. Half their team wants to leave, lol. Why get to the prem, bring in 90 million and spend FA on the team? Muppets. On top of that they'll bring the usual 400 away fans, rarely sing and blame the fact they brought no fans on the fact it was a tuesday night...YAWN. Reading won't be anywhere near us on tuesday, we are twice the size of their club and we will rightfly be in the premiership at the end of the season, they'll be mid table with an average attendance of 18k or something terrible like that. King mick's team golden army will show them how to play REAL football on tuesday. Come on you wolves."

Nob.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 29 Sep 2008 14:05

Scarface We can't play with 9 men away from home at Wolves, so if Harper and Kebe are dropped we might stand a chance.

How can Harper be 'dropped' - he didn't play against Swansea? And who was involved in two of the four goals vs Swansea?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 29 Sep 2008 14:06

FiNeRaIn I laughed at this one..

" Reading, will be an easy game on tuesday, fully expecting 3 points. They are atrocious away from home and have played 4 average teams at home, none of which will be anywhere near the playoffs at the end of the season. Reading were a waste of time in the prem and rightfully relegated, they have no ambititon as a club and it was clearly seen by everyone last season. Half their team wants to leave, lol. Why get to the prem, bring in 90 million and spend FA on the team? Muppets. On top of that they'll bring the usual 400 away fans, rarely sing and blame the fact they brought no fans on the fact it was a tuesday night...YAWN. Reading won't be anywhere near us on tuesday, we are twice the size of their club and we will rightfly be in the premiership at the end of the season, they'll be mid table with an average attendance of 18k or something terrible like that. King mick's team golden army will show them how to play REAL football on tuesday. Come on you wolves."

Nob.

I agree Nob - but some of his views have been widely shared on this site.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 29 Sep 2008 14:11

Nob.

Hob Nob? Hope not. :lol:

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 29 Sep 2008 14:29

Nob.

To be fair, he has got some valid points although I'd like to know what a "rightfly" is - is it like a fruit fly but only found in the Black Country?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Sep 2008 14:37

Nob.

ALOL

These guys still bitter about the perpetual thrashings we used to give them by any chance? Sounds like it :lol:

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 29 Sep 2008 14:52

Nob.

I'm not expecting to win tomorrow by any means, but if we do it will make it all the sweeter to shut these idiots up.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Sep 2008 15:08

to be fair theres no much to be riled about in that is there?

apart from 400 away fans, and average 18k at home, its distasteful but largely correct,
and the opinion in there is backed up by the majority of posters on the team board

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Sep 2008 17:12

harps is out again-doyle should be fit

will gunnar play 3 games in 8 days?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 29 Sep 2008 17:18

brendywendy to be fair theres no much to be riled about in that is there?

apart from 400 away fans, and average 18k at home, its distasteful but largely correct,
and the opinion in there is backed up by the majority of posters on the team board

Riled up or not it would be nice to go in there and trounce them. I will take points any way we can get them, but to see us win 3-0 or 4-0 would be a delight.

stlmike

by stlmike » 29 Sep 2008 17:49

I'm not expecting to win tomorrow by any means, but if we do it will make it all the sweeter to shut these idiots up.

agree
Last edited by stlmike on 29 Sep 2008 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 29 Sep 2008 17:50

Anyone know how many we're taking there?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 29 Sep 2008 19:04

rg6royal Anyone know how many we're taking there?

A woeful 400. We are a terribly supported club tbh, regardless of whether its midweek. If it was the other way around, wolves would be bringing 2k + . Swansea brought 3k to us on saturday, reading won't take half that for the return. Its about time we faced facts and accept reality.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 29 Sep 2008 19:07

brendywendy harps is out again-doyle should be fit

will gunnar play 3 games in 8 days?

Harps hasn't been ruled out yet. Still may make the game.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Sep 2008 19:10

FiNeRaIn A woeful 400. We are a terribly supported club tbh, regardless of whether its midweek. If it was the other way around, wolves would be bringing 2k + . Swansea brought 3k to us on saturday, reading won't take half that for the return. Its about time we faced facts and accept reality.

What reality would that be then? Club with only 2 years spent in the top flight out of 137 hasn't got a huge fan base shocker? Does it really matter how many travel away from home? It's not a game of Top Trumps. And it's not as if the money you spend on an away ticket goes to RFC. I am pretty pleased with the crowds we are getting at home at the moment which are more than respectable and a good 2 or 3 thousand more than I had envisaged. That is the important thing to me.

gods a reading fan

by gods a reading fan » 29 Sep 2008 19:36

anything from this game will be a great result and i think we can get draw realistically too if we can step up away performances.

i think i will go with a 2-2 draw, although i can see it landing 2-1 either way too.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 29 Sep 2008 19:46

Swansea are a small club and took 3k to us on saturday, its not a historic issue, its a loyalty issue. We simply don't have passionate fans, thats why we are eternally reminded of it by every set of fans we encounter( even if it is mentioned in a moronic fashion).

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 29 Sep 2008 19:58

2-0 Reading.N hunt and doyle. At least one set up by S hunt. This result sends wolves into the run of poor results every1 knows is coming.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Sep 2008 19:58

FiNeRaIn
rg6royal Anyone know how many we're taking there?

A woeful 400. We are a terribly supported club tbh, regardless of whether its midweek. If it was the other way around, wolves would be bringing 2k + . Swansea brought 3k to us on saturday, reading won't take half that for the return. Its about time we faced facts and accept reality.

That's the problem with being a club based in an area with plenty of proper jobs!

FiNeRaIn Swansea are a small club and took 3k to us on saturday, its not a historic issue, its a loyalty issue. We simply don't have passionate fans, thats why we are eternally reminded of it by every set of fans we encounter( even if it is mentioned in a moronic fashion).

Might also have something to do with the fact that Reading must be one of the shorter trips they will make this season!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 29 Sep 2008 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

149 posts