Back from the game ~ Wolves

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game ~ Wolves

by LoyalRoyal22 » 01 Oct 2008 00:30

:D i thought i was dreaming. I dont think we were that great in first half, but really pushed on in second half. So happy, also had £50 on the game :) fantastic night. my ratings...

Marcus- 7
Rosenior- 8
Armstrong- 8
Ivar- 7
Bikey- 8
Kebe- 8
Hunt- 7
Karacan- 6
Gunnarsson- 6
Hunt- 6
Doyle- 7

great to see Long set up Cisse to get the doubters of both there backs.

urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 01 Oct 2008 00:32

[quote="LoyalRoyal22"]:D i thought i was dreaming. I dont think we were that great in first half, but really pushed on in second half. So happy, also had £50 on the game :) fantastic night. my ratings...

Marcus- 7
Rosenior- 8
Armstrong- 8
Ivar- 7
Bikey- 8
Kebe- 8
Hunt- 7
Karacan- 6
Gunnarsson- 6
Hunt- 6
Doyle- 7

I'd rate Karacan and Gunnarsson higher than that also Ivar was solid tonight aswell.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 01 Oct 2008 00:35

HANDBALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

AMBERS2000

by AMBERS2000 » 01 Oct 2008 00:38

Just got back in - and what a game!!!

Arise Sir Steve - that performance was amazing. Everyone performed as well as the Wednesday game and Swansea game if not better! It just brought back those memories of 3 years ago and this again could be the season...........just please listen Mr Mad - DO NOT LET HUNTY OR DOYLE GO IN JANUARY - PLEASE.

We are winning games because Hunty runs his nuts off! Karacan is a massive assett and i am sorry Mr Harper but it looks as though you have got to fight like crazy to get a game!

Well done boys - roll on Saturday!!!!!!

mahoj002

by mahoj002 » 01 Oct 2008 00:39

LoyalRoyal22 HANDBALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

HANDBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

dirty F*ucking cry babies!!!

gota say was a brilliant performance from the team considering it was away from home,
atmosphere was ok (nothing great) but would like 2 say well done to thoes who made it up there!!!
all in all, was well worth the money!!

WE WANT OUR TROPHIE BACK :lol:

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

for the few that went to Wolves

by juanpablo » 01 Oct 2008 00:43

wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 01 Oct 2008 00:45

Son of Len Check the Possession line. What is Reading doing with 55% of possession? Since when do Royals own the ball so much? I'm flabbergasted. Of course, I haven't paid much attention to these stats this season, but it always seemed to me that the other team had more possession. Is this squad so different or is this a one-game aberration?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you...

Bikey + Gunnarson = bossing the midfield possibly?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 01 Oct 2008 00:50

seahawk10
Son of Len Check the Possession line. What is Reading doing with 55% of possession? Since when do Royals own the ball so much? I'm flabbergasted. Of course, I haven't paid much attention to these stats this season, but it always seemed to me that the other team had more possession. Is this squad so different or is this a one-game aberration?

Seahawk it was Bikey at the back. Karacan and Gunnar in midfield.

The Quiet Man

Re: for the few that went to Wolves

by The Quiet Man » 01 Oct 2008 00:51

Handball

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 01 Oct 2008 00:51

Archie's penalty
seahawk10

Thanks, bloody meetings today stopped me from listening live. Ok, one other idea on why our possesion was so good today:

Wolves are dump

LOL

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 01 Oct 2008 00:53

Archie's penalty
seahawk10

Actually, it was Bikey everywhere: defence, midfield, and scoring up front!
Credit to Karacan and Gunnar though, they did work well together.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 01 Oct 2008 00:55

Upper West Ginger Actually, it was Bikey everywhere: defence, midfield, and scoring up front!
Credit to Karacan and Gunnar though, they did work well together.

Gunnar was good then?

I have missed Boris it has to be said. Even if I was horrible to him at the beginning of last season.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 01 Oct 2008 01:00

A top performance from everybody in the team. Top players Gunnarsson, Doyle, Kebe, SHunt, Armstrong but nobody had a bad game. Wolves style suited us as lots of aerial stuff. First goal crucial and appeared slightly lucky but we were the better team and took them apart in the second half. Wolves had no real clear cut chances whereas we hit the post and had one cleared off the line. Wolves fans afterwards complimentary a good end to a perfect night out!

Difficult to see how Harper could even make the bench in this team.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 Oct 2008 01:08

Just in, well, made a cup of tea.

Top night out, liked the ground. No money from the top stand this time. My "Mr Sizzle" cheeseburger and chips was only £2.50. Reasonable beers and quick service (take heed RFC - bottles = no waiting for flat beer to be poured out). Decent stewards, good crack in the stands. HANDBALL!!

Excellent performance. A fair amount of hanging on in the first half but the loss of Kightly proved decisive. There was hardly a threat in the second half.

There is no greater feeling than watching Wolves fans stream out early.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 01 Oct 2008 01:20

I reckon there must have been about 800-1000 Reading fans there tonight,maybe more. Much better turn out than I thought it would be.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 Oct 2008 01:40

It was about 500 tops shame there wasn't more that performance deserved a better following.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 Oct 2008 01:49

We made them look very average everyone outstanding, great work rate and when we got the ball down and played they could not live with us. Will sleep well tonight. :lol:

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 01 Oct 2008 02:14

Listened to the local radio on the way back.

The fans and local pundits were very complimentary about us. Points made were:

1) Coppell had sussed them out and his match tactics were spot on.
2) With two goal line clearances, the woodwork hit and three goals we were way the better side.
3) Their forwards were smothered by our defence and their midfield was ineffective.
4) Pundits felt that keeping Coppell was a big plus for us.

The match stats look crazy to me since Hahneman definitely did not have to make more than one good save all match.

Can't agree we were average first half. This is a team and fan base that were starting to think they were invincible yet were neutralised in the first half and put to the sword in the second.

And two key players were injured for them worrying them about the next few games.

Am a very happy but tired fan!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Oct 2008 03:13

This was my first game for a month (Palace) and in that time we've grown into a team that could yet rival the 106 outfit.

I can only agree that we were worthy winners by a distance. How anyone can suggest that Wolves had the better of the first half is quite beyond me when Marcus had very little to do.

Neither do I comprehend the bamby on ice remarks about Kebe, who was probably the best of a very good bunch of wide men on view. He's starting to look too good for this level and was one of the main reasons why, for once, we had the lions share of possession. I lost count of the number of times that he came out with the ball from tight situations and/or won improbable throws/corners. Towards the end, Marcus was kicking into the corner from where Kebe would collect and prevent Wolves from getting back into the game.

No one had a bad match and this side is starting to acquire the kind of balance that achieved such massive success 3 years ago.

It was a real privilege to have witnessed a performance that literally raised the bar in this season's Championship and, rest assured, no other side is currently making this kind of rapid "progress" but I'm sure 2 posters will disagree :lol:

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 01 Oct 2008 03:36

Got back into Leeds at 3am, that performance was worth the journey home. From the very moment Rosenior came over to the fans to try and get us behind them, we were very comfortable for the majority of the game. Ironic as they started the game brightly with corner after corner but our opener was slightly fortunate, who got the final touch I don't know but from there we were able to impose our style and it was without doubt some of the best football I had seen from us in a good couple of years.

Kebe was unplayable on that display, his link up play with Rosenior was first class. Inga won every header that was asked of him. Armstrong looks very comfortable in the shirt of Reading and impressed me immensly. The workrate of Bryn and Jem was a joy to behold, I remember an opportunity where Rosenior had pushed forward and got caught on the counter attack only for Jem to catch his man and clear for a throw in, The Hunt brothers and Doyle caused havoc all evening and it was a great display, and whatever is said about the game, we've beaten a very good side and if anyone had lingering doubts, then they should put those aside for 1 moment.

TBF IMHO, it was a performance away from home that I felt had been coming, certainly on our previous opening play at Watford.

The challenge is now to go into the International break with 3 more points and that will make for a very enjoyable couple of weeks.

Well done to everyone who made the journey, cherish that peformance in a box for a while because it was of the highest order.