Re: Kitson wants out

by PEARCEY » 07 Oct 2008 21:59

rg6royal No thanks.

+1

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 07 Oct 2008 22:31

Yorkshire Royal We got a fair bit of the fee upfront... Although not the whole 5.5m...

Just over £3m upfront. The rest we have no chance of getting.

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 07 Oct 2008 22:32

why do I care about if a stoke player wants out?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Rumours going round that Kitson isn't happy

by rhroyal » 07 Oct 2008 23:37

I think he's realised that in 12 months time he will at best in the same league as his previous employers, that being the Championship if things go pear shaped for us. I can't really say I'm sorry for him, some things emerged at the fans forum that changed my views on him a lot and I hold him rather responsible for the breaking of our team spirit last season.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumours going round that Kitson isn't happy

by rhroyal » 07 Oct 2008 23:38

P.S. I know there is no other thread on here with so little concrete evidence, so I accept any criticisms along those lines.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Oct 2008 23:39

I couldn't give a damn about Dave Kitson, personally.

jonboy

by jonboy » 07 Oct 2008 23:58

Why would we want him back!
The Grass is always greener Mr Kitson. After his poor performances at the back end of last season there's no way I would want him back, the man has so much talent, what was he doing last season! After his Christmas drinking thingy he went right downhill, and to think just around that time he was being considered for England how the mighty have fallen. I think it is an attitude problem and SC has done very well moving these problems on.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 08 Oct 2008 00:08

I wish Dave well. He was a good servant to the club (for the most part) and played a key role in the clubs promotion and stay in the Prem (aside from his injuries). I don't think we need him back but that being said there is no sense in slagging him off either. I hope he figures out what would make him happy. Maybe being a top striker in the championship is better than being a below average striker in the Prem?

Wealdstone at home

by Wealdstone at home » 08 Oct 2008 00:13

floyd__streete I couldn't give a damn about Dave Kitson, personally.

I completely agree - we got his best years - he left for the money - he'll get it for maybe three years whilst being in and out of the side through injury and his now consistent inconsistency - and will fade away whilst RFC rises - great piece of business selling him and for the price - and who the f--- would want to live in the Potteries anyway - all clay, water and unemployment.

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 08 Oct 2008 00:55

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 08 Oct 2008 06:46

Kevin Doyles Right Foot why do I care about if a stoke player wants out?

I don't know. Why did you reply?

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 08 Oct 2008 09:34

Deathy Just over £3m upfront. The rest we have no chance of getting.

Said with such authority Jay. Slightly more than "just over 3m" actually. Also Stoke know they paid "almost too much" for him, but then Reading did not want to sell.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 08 Oct 2008 13:29

I work with 2 Stoke season ticket holders and they just don't get him. They thought £5.5m = a goal a game and feel duped.

Kits said the price tag wouldn't affect him, but that's been taken out of his hands by the fans.

They also think he never wanted to leave Reading, and but for the lure of prem football (he's has a quarter of all he will get at Stoke) and wonga, he wouldn't have left. With all the comment that he is making about us it does seem like your ex making longing eyes at you across a bar.....

Work ethic and all that aside they are probably right.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 08 Oct 2008 13:53

This whole saga is getting interesting. Kits' poor form, the way Stoke play, the fact he's never lived in the North, Stoke's poor results and the way we've found form must be ticking over in the Ginja Ninja's mind. I wouldn't mind having him back but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea.

Whatever Kits made his choice and we shall see if it has been the right one.

I wish for one they would play the ball on the floor to him. Stoke City = by far the worst promoted team in the prem this year. If I was a betting man I would definitely bet on them finishing bottom...

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 08 Oct 2008 13:56

The Prisoner I work with 2 Stoke season ticket holders and they just don't get him. They thought £5.5m = a goal a game and feel duped.

They are deluded if they think they can buy goals.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Oct 2008 14:00

jonboy Why would we want him back!
The Grass is always greener Mr Kitson. After his poor performances at the back end of last season there's no way I would want him back, the man has so much talent, what was he doing last season! After his Christmas drinking thingy he went right downhill, and to think just around that time he was being considered for England how the mighty have fallen. I think it is an attitude problem and SC has done very well moving these problems on.

You mean like Doyle's similarly bad performances?

I'd love to have Kitson back if it wouldn't mess up the new dynamic and he was back in the right frame of mind. Unfortunately I can't see those conditions being met and so I don't see it happening.

As for the fee upfront comments, I think the deal was publicised as something like £4m upfront and the rest on Stoke staying up or some other similar performance based triggers. That doesn't mean we've actually received that money 'upfront' though. It just means that was the agreed cash price without any clauses. I'd be surprised if we've receieved the majority of that money yet though as most of these deals seem to have staggered payments irrespective of performance related fee's etc.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 08 Oct 2008 14:21

The Prisoner With all the comment that he is making about us it does seem like your ex making longing eyes at you across a bar.....

A very good comparison 8)

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Oct 2008 15:47

Hoop Blah I'd love to have Kitson back if it wouldn't mess up the new dynamic and he was back in the right frame of mind. Unfortunately I can't see those conditions being met and so I don't see it happening.

Absolutely spot on, unfortunately for Kits his replacement has emerged and maybe even a loan move is unlikely. I honestly cannot understand anyone saying they wouldn't have him back otherwise

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 08 Oct 2008 17:57

Coppell should consider a loan move for Kitson :wink:

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 08 Oct 2008 18:19

Thaumagurist*
The Prisoner I work with 2 Stoke season ticket holders and they just don't get him. They thought £5.5m = a goal a game and feel duped.

They are deluded if they think they can buy goals.

they are even more deluded if they think you can buy a 38 goal a season premiership striker for £5.5 million. Playing for a struggling team, any striker who gets more than 10 is doing exceptionally well.

305 posts