Things People do at the Mad Stad that Annoy you...

Mr Loyal Royal

Re: Things People do at the Mad Stad that Annoy you...

by Mr Loyal Royal » 29 Oct 2008 20:45

People who make irrelevant comments, that have no meaning whatsoever throughout the game, man behind me does it constantly for 90mins. :x

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 30 Oct 2008 05:25

The 3 Chav kids sat behind me who talked constantly about their driving lessons. Finally had enough by hte time we played Watford (prem) and asked them to put a sock in it (i may have sworn a few times)

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 30 Oct 2008 08:28

PlasticRoyale The 3 Chav kids sat behind me who talked constantly about their driving lessons. Finally had enough by hte time we played Watford (prem) and asked them to put a sock in it (i may have sworn a few times)

Did they pass ?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Oct 2008 09:10

We really are a tolerant bunch !

I shifted my seat a few seasons ago to get away from a group of guys who seemed to come to games intent on not enjoying themselves. Their whole conversation was about how certain players were no good, how our tactics were wrong etc etc. Seemed to make no difference what was happening on the pitch. I remember Ricky Newman getting a right panning from them and then either scoring or setting up a winning goal (memory lets me down on detail !). I just wondered why they bothered !!

I also find people who score late winners / equalisers for visiting teams very annoying.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 30 Oct 2008 16:07

Mr Loyal Royal People who make irrelevant comments, that have no meaning whatsoever throughout the game, man behind me does it constantly for 90mins. :x

Do we sit near each other?

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 30 Oct 2008 16:13

north stand last year, one of our players were through and goal and then afterwards thisguy says can i stay sitting down because he cant see :evil: i mean forgoodness sake the sensible thing to do is to stand up and also the same guy told me to sit down for a bloody penalty!!! :twisted:
but in y26 this year theres 2 girls who go who just either sit their listening to their music or just talking to all the boys, they dont even come for the football!!! they really piss me off and they dont veen cheer if we score they just do little pathetic claps and than listen to their music again :twisted:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 Oct 2008 16:20

madreadingfan they dont veen cheer if we score they just do little pathetic claps

I do that sometimes, especially when I know that Tom Hark is about to start. I normally just stand motionless for that, waiting for the all clear to sit back down again.

Harry Carry

by Harry Carry » 31 Oct 2008 13:17

print up sheets with numbers on to hold up if they think someone has dived.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 31 Oct 2008 13:30

2 words:

"Knock it!!!"

You know who you are :twisted:

I'm sure The Cat, AndyRFC and others will agree with this one...

urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 31 Oct 2008 13:35

bobby1413
madreadingfan they dont veen cheer if we score they just do little pathetic claps

I do that sometimes, especially when I know that Tom Hark is about to start. I normally just stand motionless for that, waiting for the all clear to sit back down again.

I do exactly the same thing. What is worse is that it's starting to come into the away games when we score.

Tom Hark is shite. We don't need some crap music when we score a goal and doing some stupid dance.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 31 Oct 2008 14:09

urz_1871
bobby1413

I do exactly the same thing. What is worse is that it's starting to come into the away games when we score.

Tom Hark is shite. We don't need some crap music when we score a goal and doing some stupid dance.

Yawn. This has been argued to death so many times and to no conclusion. If you listen to the line on HNA you'd think it was very unpopular, yet every time that TH is played there is a large proportion of the crowd responding to it. The current compromise is fine by me; play it and allow those who want to respond to it do so, and the others of us can stand or sit without responding to it.
Last edited by West Stand Man on 02 Nov 2008 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 31 Oct 2008 15:30

tbh i dont mind tom hark, if your away from home and the home opposition score and that music gets played and everyones dancing around like mad being prats i would be really pissed off :lol: because its like were laughing at them with a dance and song which is really childish but it does make the opposition fans feel worse so thats why i like it :lol:

gh7901

by gh7901 » 01 Nov 2008 15:08

madreadingfan tbh i dont mind tom hark, if your away from home and the home opposition score and that music gets played and everyones dancing around like mad being prats i would be really pissed off :lol: because its like were laughing at them with a dance and song which is really childish but it does make the opposition fans feel worse so thats why i like it :lol:

Im sure away fans dont get pissed off about it at all. They probably just think we're slightly pathetic

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Nov 2008 16:28

gh7901
madreadingfan tbh i dont mind tom hark, if your away from home and the home opposition score and that music gets played and everyones dancing around like mad being prats i would be really pissed off :lol: because its like were laughing at them with a dance and song which is really childish but it does make the opposition fans feel worse so thats why i like it :lol:

Im sure away fans dont get pissed off about it at all. They probably just think we're slightly pathetic

Quite a few clubs do it though...

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 02 Nov 2008 19:39

lowerwestjnr The fat bloke behind me whenever i stood up told me to sit down, and he only stood up the whole game to get a pie. Not even for a goal :O I have now moved seat. West stand pcunt

The guy that sits to my left is exactly the same. Told me to sit down when i stood up for steve coppell, only stands up to leave, and also, could do with a few tic-tacs...

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Nov 2008 20:29

West Stand Man
urz_1871
bobby1413 I do exactly the same thing. What is worse is that it's starting to come into the away games when we score.

Yawn. This has been argued to death so many times and to no conclusion. If you listen to the line on HNA you'd think it was very unpopular, yet every time that TH is played there is a large proportion of the crowd responding to it. The current compromise is fine by me; play it and allow those who want to respond to it do so, and the others of us can stand or sit without responding to it.

True, and to be honest I've given up caring about it. As winchester royal said, a lot of other clubs do it, and it seems as though 95%+ at the Madejski like it.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 03 Nov 2008 19:58

LOL

I'm loving this thread.

Also, i think Assisstant Referee's running like chickens is pretty annoying...but also pretty funny :lol:
And of course, when they call for offside, when it's obviously not and not giving BLATENT penalties. *cough*qpr match 2ndhalf*cough*

I haven't liked the guys sitting in front of us, the last 2 matches. He sits on the edge of his seat and then sits right back which crush my knees! Also, kids at football matches kicking your chair, or when you're getting behind the team and shouting things, they look straight at you for like 5 minutes and end up missing a goal like they did against Sheffield Utd (season 05-06) alol. :lol:

nicky's left foot

by nicky's left foot » 03 Nov 2008 22:06

The 3 teenage girls who sit next to me in the east stand and squeal like idiots everytime shane long touches the ball!
The 40year old mother of the teenage girls who squeals like an idiot when shane long touches the ball!
The father of the teenage girls- every week he tells them to shut the f**k up or he'll leave them at home next week and every home game they're still there! keep your bloody threat man!!! :x

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Nov 2008 23:06

Whats the 40 year old like? :lol:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 04 Nov 2008 00:34

PlasticRoyale The 3 Chav kids sat behind me who talked constantly about their driving lessons. Finally had enough by hte time we played Watford (prem) and asked them to put a sock in it (i may have sworn a few times)

in todays society most people will get kicked or stabbed to death for even speaking to a chav. Concider yourself lucky :wink: