if tony pulis called you

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: if tony pulis called you

by Ian Royal » 03 Dec 2008 12:27

Archie's penalty
londinium All things considered ... I'd Have Kitson back in a flash.

A much better footballer and thats what I want.

Thats not to say that I'm unhappy with Noel as I am not, but just think that Kitson wins in every department... heading, two footedness, shooting, passing a man, making better runs, vision, tackling back, defending.

Big headedness, injury proneness, a tendency to put in his foot in the mouth.

This should really be a poll, should it not?

The only one that is really relevant.. all strikers with any degree of quality are arrogant. Kitson was only a problem when most of the team were playing like quadraplegics.

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 03 Dec 2008 13:09

papereyes
Thaumagurist* This is an overly negative thread and I don't like it.

Not everything in the world is fluffiness and light, you borderline retarded man-child.

And is this even slightly negative? No, not at all.

Muppet.

Post of the day, papereyes.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Dec 2008 13:15

Gus the teenage cow ...and offered a straight swap in january of kitson for noel hunt and you were coppell, would you say yes?
Coppell would say no so if I was him I would say no.... I am me and not him so therefore as myself I would say no also.

Even if Kitson was better he isn't going to help us win promotion sat on the treatment table.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Dec 2008 13:26

If Tony Pulis called me and offered me this deal I'd say, "sorry Tony, wrong number, you want to speak to Steve Coppell at Reading, hang on a mo while I find the number..."

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 03 Dec 2008 13:38

How popular do you think it would be with the current squad? NHunt has obviously fitted in really well and gets on with the Irish contingent and the rest of the squad too I sense. If reports are to believed Kitson was really a disruptive influence on our squad last season and I don't think the players would be happy with NHunt out and Kitson in.

Also I feel that Doyle and NHunt is a better partnership than Doyle and Kitson. When they played together last season we really lacked an out and out striker, so Kitson would drop deep, Doyle would go the flank. We'd get the ball in the box and nobody was there. Doyle is playing with a lot more freedom now that he knows that NHunt will be in the box ready for anything he can create.

Kitson may be a better player than NHunt, but there's no way I'd swap them right now.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 03 Dec 2008 13:43

statto "Nicky Shorey, Dave Kitson, Sonko, Sidwell and Little (the last 2 to a certain extent) and get put off by their downfalls"

Please enlighten me how any of these players have "ruined their careers" by leaving Reading.

Shorey and Sidwell are playing in Europe for a club on the up which could sneak into the Champions League

Little played against AC Milan last week

Kitson and Sonko are in a premier league squad looking very capable of staying up this year.

Compared to them staying with a club that was relegated and now in a play-off position, I wouldn't call it a downfall, unless someone has changed the meaning of the word to mean "doing considerable better than before" without me knowing.

Shorey has been dropped, replaced by a right back, and is branded a total waste of money by Villa fans.

Sonko is warming the bench for Stoke.

Kitson has been branded a total waste of money by Stoke fans, and has not scored since he left Reading.

Little has started 3 games for Pompey, but granted has started against Milan. Been subbed every game.

Sidwell has started 12 prem games since he left Reading one and a half seasons ago.

I personally don't judge any of these players to have bettered their careers after leaving Reading, Premier league or no premier league. Of all of them, Sidwell im sure will prove to have made a good move, i very much doubt any of the others will.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 03 Dec 2008 13:49

Focher Little has started 3 games for Pompey, but granted has started against Milan. Been subbed every game.

To be fair, he probably wouldn't have had much more game time had he still been here.

His injury problems have continued and he doesn't really have enough in the tank to be effective for a full ninety minutes as a result.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 03 Dec 2008 14:46

Maguire He's just a more talented footballer than N. Hunt IMHO. He'd keep Hunt out of the team if he was still here.

100% agree. I just now have huge doubts about Kitson's fitness. It worked in 05/06 and 06/07 because whenever he was injured we had another form striker to slot straight into his place. If we swap Noel for Kits, then who plays for the half a season when Kits is injured?

Doyle, Noel and Kits would be a pretty good set of strikers, though.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Dec 2008 15:10

rabidbee
Maguire He's just a more talented footballer than N. Hunt IMHO. He'd keep Hunt out of the team if he was still here.

100% agree. I just now have huge doubts about Kitson's fitness. It worked in 05/06 and 06/07 because whenever he was injured we had another form striker to slot straight into his place. If we swap Noel for Kits, then who plays for the half a season when Kits is injured?

Doyle, Noel and Kits would be a pretty good set of strikers, though.

'greed. I added an initial caveat about my decision being on pure footballing terms, but if you factor in fitness, dressing room presence etc then perhaps not.

Great player at this level though. GREAT player.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 03 Dec 2008 16:26

No way. Kits is past his best and Noel is better than him now.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Dec 2008 17:24

Better question. SHunt and Doyle out in Jan, do you take Little and Kitson as replacements if you are assured about their fitness?

The thought of Little and Kebe on the wings...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Dec 2008 17:35

SCIAG Better question. SHunt and Doyle out in Jan, do you take Little and Kitson as replacements if you are assured about their fitness?

The thought of Little and Kebe on the wings...

If Doyle and Hunt were to go, then as replacements a Kitson and Little guaranteed to be fit for the rest of the season would be as good, if not better replacements in the short term IMO.

Utterly irrelevant seeing as Kits is currently injured and there is no way you could guarantee their fitness for the season anyway.

Pretty short term replacements as well. Kits has 2-3 seasons left in him by his own timescales. Little probably has less.

H-Town Royal

by H-Town Royal » 03 Dec 2008 18:50

No.

Not b/c Hunt is that much better then Kitson. But (I'm ready to be torn apart) Kitson just isn't that good. He had a few special moments but overall all he is just ok. Hunt has stepped in & been a pure spark for the scoring. He has preformed well above most people hopes this year. Bring Kits back could have no positive effect on the team. The only ones to benefit would the fans that are in love with him.

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 03 Dec 2008 18:58

As we sold Kitson for 5 million and paid 600k for Noel that makes Noel worth 4.4 million in transfer value .. would be mad not to.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Dec 2008 19:49

H-Town Royal No.

Not b/c Hunt is that much better then Kitson. But (I'm ready to be torn apart) Kitson just isn't that good. He had a few special moments but overall all he is just ok. Hunt has stepped in & been a pure spark for the scoring. He has preformed well above most people hopes this year. Bring Kits back could have no positive effect on the team. The only ones to benefit would the fans that are in love with him.

When Hunt manages to be top scorer in 3 seasons, despite injury lay offs for at least 1 month per season I'll conceed he may be a better striker. I think it's a fair bet we won't manage Kitson's strike rate over 50 or 100 games. Or probably even his total scored.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 03 Dec 2008 19:56

Seaside Royal As we sold Kitson for 5 million and paid 600k for Noel that makes Noel worth 4.4 million in transfer value .. would be mad not to.

Sell him?
Are you crazy? :shock:
Why would Noel want to go when he was just signed a few months ago?! Has any player actually ever done that?
Doyle isn't going. He signed the new contract to make people like you lot, not speculate about his future, but i guess that's going to happen no matter what, right up until he actually does go. Oh won't we have some delightfully repetitive words to read about Doyle and the Hunts and...actually everyone in the team during the transfer window. :roll:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Dec 2008 20:09

Thomas L'Heureux
Focher Little has started 3 games for Pompey, but granted has started against Milan. Been subbed every game.

To be fair, he probably wouldn't have had much more game time had he still been here.

His injury problems have continued and he doesn't really have enough in the tank to be effective for a full ninety minutes as a result.

I believe that Glen was one of the best (if not the best) players we've ever had.

During the AC game I thought he looked out of his depth. His lack of pace (he never had any anyway) was so severely handicapping that he was just a shadow of the match-winner he was. I doubt that on current fitness and ability he'd be testing Jimmy the Shimmy for a place.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Dec 2008 20:12

papereyes
Magicman Its only Dec 2008 where I am, but if Tony called i would be thinking i wonder who else i could off-load and make a shed load of money on, then returning to the question i would say

Tony do one.

The temptation to teach Sodje or Bennett a scottish accent and see if it works must surely be there.

I'm ready for the whoosh or the dodd, but .......

Why teach Sodje or Bennet a scottish accent ? Is that to imitate the IRISH Hunts

Racist :roll:

H-Town Royal

by H-Town Royal » 03 Dec 2008 21:02

Ian Royal
H-Town Royal No.

When Hunt manages to be top scorer in 3 seasons, despite injury lay offs for at least 1 month per season I'll conceed he may be a better striker. I think it's a fair bet we won't manage Kitson's strike rate over 50 or 100 games. Or probably even his total scored.

Not b/c Hunt is that much better then Kitson.

You missed my point. I just don't miss Kitson. I don't think he was that great of player. Someone has to be the team leader in goals - doesn't make them a great player.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Dec 2008 21:03

N.Hunt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kitson