Lita for Norwich

139 posts

Lita for Norwich

by 1960 » 07 Dec 2008 15:16

I take it he is ineligible to play against us? I seem to remember a similar thing happened a couple of years ago: the loanee played against us and and the management admitted they hadn't made the loan watertight. It would be a pig if he scored against us and he would be straining his gut to show Coppell where to stick it.

So does anyone know if he is eligible?

Tutti Frutti

Re: Lita for Norwich

by Tutti Frutti » 07 Dec 2008 15:24

His loan technically ends tomorrow. Any extension will presumably include the requisite clause.

Speaking of Leroy, I see the attidude hasn't gone:

leroy in yesterday's EDP “I'm playing every week and I need to be playing every week,” said the former England U21 striker. “I've made it clear that I won't go back to Reading and sit on the bench or not be involved or anything like that."

What a sense of entitlement.
Last edited by Tutti Frutti on 07 Dec 2008 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 07 Dec 2008 15:25

His loan finishes today. They are trying to extend it till January, and I'm sure if we do that will include a 'no play' clause against us.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 07 Dec 2008 15:25

I understand that todays game was the last of his existing loan spell - if he were to stay at Norwich, it would need to be agreed with Reading and as such they would ensure he doesnt play against us

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 07 Dec 2008 15:29

He is looking quite good against Ipswich without coming too close to scoring. It is certainly a better performance today than any that Hunt has produced this year in Lita's place. I am firmly on Lita's side - why should he wnat to come back to Reading when he is being kept out of the side for non-football reasons?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Dec 2008 15:31

He's back in Reading regardless next saturday for his birthday party that he is holding here!!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Dec 2008 15:39

Seriously I wish we would get rid of Lita so we don't have to discuss him any more. His mind is elsewhere and I am happy for him to leave.

BORING!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Dec 2008 15:42

Lita was excellent in the Old Farm derby today. If it was me I would leave him at Norwich until just before Christmas. He's in the shop window.

Then I'd call him back, as we are entitled to, on Chrismas Eve, then flog him to the highest bidder in January. He can't play against us.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Dec 2008 15:50

Norfolk Royal Lita was excellent in the Old Farm derby today. If it was me I would leave him at Norwich until just before Christmas. He's in the shop window.

Then I'd call him back, as we are entitled to, on Chrismas Eve, then flog him to the highest bidder in January. He can't play against us.

Yep I would do that too.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 07 Dec 2008 15:53

we don't need him we've got Shane Long!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Dec 2008 15:54

Alan Partridge we don't need him we've got Shane Long!

If we sell Lita for decent money and get another striker in I will be happy. Would you?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 07 Dec 2008 15:59

Archie's penalty

If we sell Lita for decent money and get another striker in I will be happy. Would you?

As long as that striker is better than Lita and Long and can put genuine pressure on the front 2 then yes. If it's another Mooney or Long then absolutely not.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Dec 2008 16:02

Alan Partridge
Archie's penalty

As long as that striker is better than Lita and Long and can put genuine pressure on the front 2 then yes. If it's another Mooney or Long then absolutely not.

Well Lita and Copell's mutual bridges have been burnt so there's no point trying to mend them. Lita also will not wait on the bench awaiting his chance.

I'm not sure about Long or Mooney for that matter. The main problem is where are we going to get a player like the one you are suggesting?

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 07 Dec 2008 16:03

Alan Partridge
Archie's penalty

Mooney can put pressure on the other front two. Looking at his performances in reserve matches, he looks decent enough to push for at least a bench spot.
Long... can run. That's the best I can say about him.
I'm pretty sure he can improve, though. :oops:

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 07 Dec 2008 16:08

Alan Partridge
Archie's penalty
Alan Partridge

Mooney can put pressure on the other front two. Looking at his performances in reserve matches, he looks decent enough to push for at least a bench spot.
Long... can run. That's the best I can say about him.
I'm pretty sure he can improve, though. :oops:

He cant push for the bench if he is injured

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 07 Dec 2008 16:24

When do we find out if the loans been extended then?
Will it be tomorrow since its his last day today?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2008 16:27

Handsome Man He is looking quite good against Ipswich without coming too close to scoring. It is certainly a better performance today than any that Hunt has produced this year in Lita's place. I am firmly on Lita's side - why should he wnat to come back to Reading when he is being kept out of the side for non-football reasons?

Surely the fact he looked about as likely to score as me for 18 months constitutes quite good footballing reasons?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 07 Dec 2008 16:45

Sebastian Alex, where do you sit in the ground?

i rekon he sits in the west stand

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Dec 2008 17:05

It was mentioned in commentary that Lita would be interested in staying at Norwich for longer.
Today he played up front on his own with midfielders joining as often as they could-not the way we play.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 07 Dec 2008 17:08

Ian Royal
Handsome Man He is looking quite good against Ipswich without coming too close to scoring. It is certainly a better performance today than any that Hunt has produced this year in Lita's place. I am firmly on Lita's side - why should he wnat to come back to Reading when he is being kept out of the side for non-football reasons?

Surely the fact he looked about as likely to score as me for 18 months constitutes quite good footballing reasons?

He scored against Derby didn't he? And he hasn't played too many other games.

139 posts